Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Johnny ace!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skate Fink, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

FINALLY! The long anticipated book featuring Johnny Ace & the lovely Kali Verra has arrived! I know that many of you have seen and enjoyed their work over the years. They are the "Baby Daddy & Momma" of "Skate Fink" In fact, "Skate Fink" is IN the book! Amazon is now shipping them. You can also order a personalized copy from them........
    [​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Workshop-Filt...d_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217768055&sr=8-7

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. We had a brief fling in the 70's... Maybe now my kids can eat, there hungry! Buy this book!!!

3. Spike!

Spike!

I was a lot younger when this book was started, but that was a long time ago..hee hee. Congrats!

Spike

4. So was Johhny, he's as old as dirt now.

5. AD

AD

Thats pretty damn cool. I was able to meet them once at a 'live fast' tattoo and car show in houston ,,something of 6-7 years back, they were fucking BADASS. at one point kali was doing a rattfink on a helmet and i couldnt stop staring at how crazy it was coming out. This book is gonna rad

6. i got one comin but damn , i forgot the personalized copy!

7. Nomadness

Nomadness

One of my Treasures....

[​IMG]

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Sure.....one of MANY!! For those that don't realize, Nick owns the ORIGINAL artwork that is used as the cover of the book!!!

9. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Hey Johnny........wake up and say a few words.....:eek:

10. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Pat,

Thanks for posting this, we appreciate the support....yes,lots of changes in format,page count,content,etc since we first started this book.....there are some Hamb member foto credits, as well as art actually owned by members in the various chapters....Hambers will recognize lots of artshow posts....it is meant to appeal to several generations of readers,so hopefully there's something for all....
    There are also about 10 or 12 candid fotos of Ryan Cochran in various stages of undress, for those who are into that....
    I'm not here trying to sell books, just saying it now before anyone shits themselves....however, since Hambers are indeed ordering it, we will do all we can to do the good ol' Hamb-Bro hookup....

Thanks again,
    Ace & Kali

11. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Wasn't the guy that did "Pledging My Love" Johnny Ace? Way off topic, I think Im drunk off Diet Pepsi! :D

12. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Yeah, I get that alot....also Paul Simon lyrics.....

13. time to hit the comic shop and snag one of those....

14. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks for the interest,Rob....we dig your work as well....this book is a pretty informal affair...more like a scrapbook of familiar imagery, meant to inspire younger artists and new Roth fans, hopefully.....

We are dedicated to the House of Rothschild, and probably always will be.....

15. Thanks for the kind words about my work, Johnny. I really appreciate it.

I bugged my editor at Dark Horse for months about your book when I was still working for them. Sooooo stoked that it's finally hit the stands. Wish you and Kali tons of success with it!

16. TheGrumpy1

TheGrumpy1

Very kool I just ordered my copy now I just gotta sit by the mailbox and wait for it to get here, really lookin' forward to it

17. 30roadster

30roadster

Just got my copy of your book in the mail today Mr. Ace ....It's Awsome!
    I'm going to have to try and find the naked Ryan pic's....somehow missed that. :D

18. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks again,everyone.....we hope you enjoy the samplers of different ugly art...it is by no means a complete collection of our Roth Studios years, or even the other areas included, but it should be fun...

Please be advised that it is kinda PG-13 due to the fotos of girls in monster panties, some topless zombie girl art, and pinstriped pechos....The RF stuff is all G-Rated, but our other efforts cater to a mixed crowd.....so keep this in mind when showing or buying for the young ones....

Acefink

19. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks Rob,
    The art scene is a TOUGH market to stake a claim in and succeed.....Kali and I appreciate every kind word or gesture we get from fellow artists and collectors....
    What I like about your stuff is that you have a style and approach all your own, with solid design foundations....
    Kali and I just guzzle African coffee and Vicodin and see what happens,lol....

30/R....
    Didya get the posters? Read the instructions first!
    The nude pics are meant to be searched out, "Where's Waldo" style....

Just thank our Merciful Lord that I decided not to put MY nude shots in there....

AD....THAT long ago? We did LFT 04 and 05.....had to stop going because Marcy kept offering to show me her "Golden Shower"...I still don't know if that was her car or not....

Mel.....you're in the damn book, read it Mutha Luvva.....lol

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

any hot chicks on minibikes in the book??

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

How do I get my grubby mitts on an autographed edition?
    You can sign it too, Johnny!

22. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Jeem,

I'm stoked you would want one in yer home....I'll send a representative over with the paperwork....

M/M.....no, only because you won't let even hot chicks on your creations,lol...
    Your fotos of the Road Agent and Dragfink shirt are included, as well as the masterpieces at the Petersen....America's Car Collection was very gracious in allowing us to shoot some fotos for extra book icing.....
    I need your address !

Dave Schuten...if you see this,please send us your address as well?

Seriously, most of this stuff was posted on the Hamb already.....this is material for the 'newcomer' to lowbrow and Roth Studios...a prompting to search further and learn about the Masters...lots of kudos to Newt in there for his original concepts, and other folks the kids need to know about...

23. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

*cough cough* wheres mine?

gimme a call Johnny I need an autographed edition to go with my Kali helmet :D

24. Just ordered mine...can't wait to get it...cool stuff

coming soon: rodtees.com

25. 30roadster

30roadster

I got the posters.....Love em....now i have to get them framed...
    I don't know what your worried about...nothing in your book i wouldn't let my 8 year old son look at....now my 5 year old daughter is a fashion queen....and kali's style would be right up her alley...gonna have to hide the book from her till she's in her 20's. :D

26. Just got mine...there's a lot of cool stuff crammed into that book..."a chicken in every pot and this book in every household"-FDR if he were alive today...Killer stuff Johnny and Kali

27. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Looking forward to getting my copies. I see they just shipped.
    Can't wait Ace.

N

28. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Thanks Nate,
    Hope you enjoy the book!
    Looking forward to seeing the Socal and Vegas guys at the show,too.....

Ace

29. Just got mine today....along with one of my pic's in the book!!

(Page 66, #2)

30. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Don't forget to order multiple copies. They make great Halloween gifts!