Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need pics of the most beautiful dash in hot rodding:36

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PunkRodder, Aug 29, 2008.

1. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

I just picked up a 36 dash from a local hot rodder here in Abilene named danny he is a really nice guy. He wanted 75 but all I had was 60. At first he was like "no I really need 75 for it". I totally understand. I wasn't trying to screw him or anything, but it was all the fun money I had. He called back a few minutes later and said" you know what man?, you can have it for 60. There may be something you have one day that I'll need." Man I thought that was pretty cool. So now I am on the look out for 36 fenders for him.

Any way sorry for the long read. The dash has a lot of surface rust but it is solid. It has the glove box door also. I would like some pics and maybe a description of what goes where on it. And any info, like how does the window crank work? What goes in the center, ash tray, clock? What are all the other holes for and what did they do? Any info would be great. I will take a pic tonight when I get home. Maybe some one can diagram it for me.

2. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Found this pic for ya...

[​IMG]

3. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Thanks man, see what I mean? Bue T full!

4. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

No one else this evening? Someone knows what the hell right?

5. here's a few, the last 2 are my dash so far (and yes it has the '35 waterfall, still looking for a '36). the knobs that are in the dash are choke, throttle, cigar lighter and instrument light switch. mine are going to be starter button, wiper, heater blower and headlights.

Attached Files:

6. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Nice! thanks for the input. How hard is the waterfall to come by?

7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If you bought a radio in '35 or '36, the control head replaced the ashtray.

8. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

A Kustom and not a Hot Rod but one of the best looking dashes I've ever seen.

Attached Files:

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

but we all know the 40 Ford is the best looking dash

10. great looking but it must be a night car, you would burn your retinas out during a day drive :eek::D.... sometimes glossy dashes suck (depends on the angle).

the waterfalls are around but they're pretty pricey ($100-200 for a good one), i have 2 '35s still waiting for a good '36 in my price range.

11. Had 59 chevy fuel and temp in my 36. A 56 Ford speedo will fit using the 36 bezels on all three. $0.02's

12. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Is anyoone making repro parts? The raadio whould be cool. Prolly only gets AM though?

13. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Anyone have details on the radio?Pics if you have them. How hard are they to find. Intereted more in the tech aspect of them.

14. i see and radio heads on Ebay all the time , shouldn't be too hard to find one...no idea of the value. as already stated , the head went into where the ashtray is..it was only the knobs. when you turned them they also turned cables that controlled the remotely mounted radio

there are two types of ashtrays...early `35 that turned. they are not available in repo and can bring big bucks. the other type pulled down and you can get them in repo for about $35

there was also a ashtray delete plate...i have only seen a couple, my `36 has one

the windhshield crank out just stuck through the top center hole , then the handle went on it...nothing is really connected to the dash. it was a scissor type mechanism that pushed/pulled the bottom of the windsheild

15. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Thanks for the info 36-3window. I will poke around ebay. I want the windsheild crank to work on My model A. Not sure how I am going to make it work, but I will figure it out.

16. `35-`36 crank out mechanisms are not available in repo anymore, so good usable ones can go for crazy money on ebay sometimes...i've seen them go for $125 and up

maybe you could use a `33-`34 crank mechanism...they you cab get in repo for about $70

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Good radios are about $300 and that doesn't mean it will work. The head unit that mounts to the dash is connect by 2 cables that go to the actual radio which is the size of a small battery. THey take up alot of room. Yes, it is am only. I have a Motorola in mine. Just the head unit though.

The delete plates are hard to find. I have a couple of them. The ashtrays are worthless, unless you're a smoker I guess. Too hard to store change in there. :D

All of the glove box doors pictured are Standards. Mine is a Deluxe and locks.

I've got a '35 waterfall that I bought for $10. It has a split in it. I'm hoping we can fix it.

[​IMG]

You could probably use a '34 regulator in a model A. I'm not sure how much room you'll have in there. You'll just have to put it in and try it. You'll have to modify the dash to fit too.

I like those gauges 1oldtimer. Looks cool.

18. pacemaker

pacemaker

Not the "Most..." but it's mine and I can look at it for long, long drives

Attached Files:

19. Lucky77

Lucky77

I've got the chrome waterfall ($165 on Ebay) and the radio delete ($35 on Ebay) There's also a really cool flip out ash tray with the V8 logo on it as well as the little two knob radio that could go in there as well. You're lucky to get the glovebox door. Mine didn't have one so my Christmas present was another dash just to get the door. I know Mac's sells all the little do-dads like the door pull and spring clips and such.

20. i have a few regulators for the front window, but the gears are stripped (almost all used ones are), there is someone on ebay rebuilding them and they go for around $150-200. there was a guy at the pomona swapmeet a few years ago selling new gear arms made from tool steel, but i can't find him again. the regulator bolts to the cowl behind the dash and the dash goes over it, so only the shaft sticks out. the radios (head and unit) are on ebay alot but a good one goes for around $250 (whole unit). there's a place out here in cal you might try for used parts, it's called the early ford store (google it).

21. thanks, i didn't have very much stock parts (car was in boxes when i bought it). i have the deluxe glove box door but no latch (ebay is around $100 without the key :eek:), so i found a standard one also just in case.