Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Route 66 Rendezvous-SoCal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KJSR, Aug 30, 2008.

1. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Ok- I know this show is not completly traditional but with 1900 cars there has to be some cool ones. Is anybody from here going to be there this year besides me? We purchased a block of spaces and have one left if anybody is interested....PM me. If not taking your car stop by and say hi. We will be across from Meadowbrook park (look for my truck).

http://route-66.org/

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Last year I went there with a group of friends, all older of course, My daughter was @ the show as well and right about 8:30pm mounted police closed that show lock stock & 2 smoking barrels!, I was embarrassed for even bringing guests as it looked like GANGLAND.
    We couldn't even find a place to eat out there as the cops totally told everyone that the show was over. Not really sure if I want to try to go again, especially with a vintage car. Might get jacked on the way out of town. I just hope that it was a one time occurence as Stater Bros does a great job sponsoring that show.

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I saw the same thing (cops closed it down) but I took it a little differently. I took it as they were taking control of the situation and not allowing anything bad to happen. This will be my third year participating and have never had an issue.

4. Definitely a mixture of cars and people...cops make their presence known but in a good way...I might try to go if nothing going on in San Diego

5. 53Heavy

53Heavy

I'll be their as a spec'tater' all the way from Dallas. Last year was my first year to go and I'm makin the trip just fer the show. The police closed it down when I was there but at 10 not 830 and it was more like them taking control to say the show is over for today come back tomorrow.

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

This is next weekend...and I still have an open slot. Let me know if you want in!

8. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

I'll be there. I'll try to stop by.

9. blackout

blackout

This is sad to hear. I took my car there in 1982. At that time, it was a good time, nice cars, nice people. I plan to get a scanner and post pics of the show at that time.

10. Renae

Renae

I've gone every year but the last one this year I'm going to the Bo Huff show I hear that one was pretty good last year..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Leon

Leon

We were invited there two years ago because they were inducting the teardrop into their hall of fame. A group of us were set up in the park with a display of teardrops, and when we woke up the one morning, there was a drug deal going on at the picnic table just outside the door. That evening the kids started to overturn the porta potties (they started with the one next to the one I was in), and when the hookers showed up we all packed up and left. I used to go 10 to 12 years ago but won't go back again.

12. King_Hooligan

King_Hooligan
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

I no longer attend Route 66 after the county ran Over The Hill off of the show and hijacked it from them..Plus registration prices are insane,and assigned parking...Add to that the tension with the gangbangers and other trash that run around the show with tough guy attitudes,and it gets bad..

Bo Huff has been fun both years with heavy security and no problems...