Register now to get rid of these ads!

typical old guy" gonna RESTORE that one".....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pittsburgholdschooler, Aug 30, 2008.

1. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

This was part of a 350 + "collection".....the 1st shoot is '77, when i found it.....the second is 2006 at the auction... it didnt sell and was crushed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 31whitey

31whitey

man where was this?

not looking to snag any of these gems but somehow feel like I,ve riddn(dirt bike) past this over the last ten years

what part of the city....

3. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

that reminds me of my grandfathers collection. it all rotted into the ground. It was in white Oak/Mckeesport, pa. My dad said when he was younger he left a 32 ford there.. There is now no sign of it. Ashes to Ashes...........

4. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

that one was in delmont....I'm from white oak, too :D

5. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

It reminds me of a friend who try to buy some cars from an old man.The local city sent a crusher to the guys house.The old man would still not sell the cars even though they were crushing the cars on the spot.My friend finnally made a deal with the crusher and they let him take parts off before they crushed them.I think he gave them 50.00 for each car and they gave him 20 minutes to take off anything he could.

6. 31whitey

31whitey

ahhhhhhh... Delmont

Steel City raceway....

some thing felt like home

7. There's a guy here in New Mexico ,has an auto museum/junk yard . Maybe 50 cars in the museum , including a Frontenac powered T roadster . In the back there are probably 100+ cars , a lot of which are T's and A's , piles of body parts , rows of engines , axels , frames etc . He says some stuff is for sale but when I asked about a Nash grille shell ( in a pile of grille shells , including Whippet ) he probaly had a use for it and really didn't want to sell it . Sometimes I hate going over there . He MAY sell me an aluminum 8 cylinder Packard head though that's laying around in the dirt in the back . Maybe .

8. skidsteer

skidsteer

Probably didn't want to sell it to "someone who would cut it up".

9. At least it was an ugly ass Hudson.

10. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

Ok....how about this...same place...i bid it to 2500....they STILL HAVE IT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 31whitey

31whitey

I found a 32 chevy

right in the woods above Fox Chapel high school

guy wanted 1000 for it....not gonna do it

my buddy scooped it up for 500 hundo

12. They would not take 2500? And it is still there?

13. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

yep ...they're " gonna fix it up " :rolleyes:

14. There are NO ugly Hudsons, only the ugly people who don't like em!

15. i have a t-plane that i would love to have that front grill/clip. any thoughts on hopping up a 229 v-6 iraq taxi motor ? from a chev malibu, looks like a small block missing 2 rear cyls. fits under the hood of the big thirtys cars like it should have been that way. dermott.

16. blackout

blackout

People like this just destroy cars with rust. I'm a greybeard and I cut down every car I get my hands on, but I kill and repair any rust.

17. Uptown83

Uptown83

Cant think of his name.. but Ive heard of people buying some things off of him. Very hard to deal with. My brother went to his place once ( when he was in albq ) and tried to buy 28 Ford AA hubcaps. He had several and one was even laying in the dirt along the dirt trail and he woudnt sell it. My brother is a restorer as well. :) Oh well its the mans stuff. My dad is the same he wont sell his shit, but he will give some things to people if he likes them.

18. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I stopped at a place this summer where the guy had a couple hundred vehicles at his shop (in the arid SW), including dozens of Ts and As in many different body styles, plus dozens of parts and engines, etc. He had a whole bunch of big trucks that he said he'd sell parts off of, but none of the Ts or As were for sale, because...yup, you guessed it; he was going to restore them one day, including the very first Model T he ever had, at 9 years old. He said he wants one of each of the ten body styles of T he had, plus the As.
    I asked him how old he was after he told me that. 78.
    At least they're in the desert.

-Brad

19. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

should have gone to 3500 looks solid enough.

20. Flop

Flop

i bid on that 32 chevy too.. lots of stuff at that auction.. but i swore they said that chevy sold .

21. pittsburgholdschooler

pittsburgholdschooler

the family bought it....:rolleyes: i bought the 57 gasser, the 51 blk sedan ($15!)and a 51 dodge for $20...see ya tomm, if everything goes right..:D

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

must be they think these cars are lined with platinum , sad to say the earth will probably reclaim they as iron oxide ,

23. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I wish I could get a deal like that

24. whid

whid

stopped at a yard in oklahoma about 15 yrs ago first thing out of his mouth was "where'd you boys say you was from". didnt give us the time of day, went back a year later buddied up to the ol mans son and he practicaly threw shit at us .loaded a truck with parts for next to nuthin.guess its all in the mood..................dave

25. I went to look at a 64 Olds F85 vert and made a deal with the old man and as I'm backin the trailer up to it his drunk ass wife stumbles out the door yellin at the old man " you ain't sellin my damn car get the hell outa here". Fast foward 3 months I was in pick a part and guess what I found! yep right their picked clean. I got even with them ran a ad in the recycler for a 57 vette orignal owner for 1500 bucks! yep that phone kept ringing off the hook, called and asked about it (vette) and man was he pissed. :D

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you know there was a place, this feller named adolph had in burlington iowa...bought 10 years ago i bout an old more door merc fromthe guy.....he had 500 plus cars easy, and 3 huge sheds full of killer shit.....he would sell anything and at a fair price....once a yr ago or so, i had a lil money saved and tryed to call, some young guys machine picked up! adolph had prolly pasted away! he was awesome old feller....i DONT EVEN OR EVER WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO ALL THE CARS!!!!!

27. All through my school-age years, my school bus drove by a run-down John Deere dealer with a creek running behind the main building....between that creek and the building sat a 1954 Packard Caribbean in amongst the brush that I would swing by and inquire about every summer during my teenage years in the ambitious/naive hope of rescuing it for myself and I all ever heard was the typical answer of " " gonna RESTORE that one"....and " it's not for sale" etc etc...by the time I reached my twenties, it was so far gone it was pretty much hopeless. Last I can remember, the old man that ran the Deere dealer passed on, his kids had no interest in running the business, sold the dealership to a real-estate developer who scorched-earth the entire property and turned it all into a too-cute 'creekside' subdivision.

So sad.:(

For reference, here's a similar car...albeit restored.

[​IMG]

28. Thats right you young "whipper snappers"

"stay away from my stuff" ..til i'm dead and gone

29. autobilly

autobilly

Haha, probably true. Better to let it be crushed than let it fall into the hands of one of those evil Hop-up Demons!

30. Rustler

Rustler

that one was in delmont....I'm from white oak, too :D[/quote]

Had to be old man Turacks yard......................Spent many a summer afternoon as a teenager wandering around his son Danny's wrecking yard across the road wondering about all the great iron his dad would never sell. I''d say the vast majority of it was too far gone then, and this was 25+ years ago........
    Is it all gone now, or are they still planning on having another auction?