Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Bone, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Bringing some taters and onions,store bought eggs,(2 dozen),olive oil,a grill,small bag 'o' charcoal.

Sounds like you got enough BTU's to scorch a horse!

It's your call on the stove,brother.

And you are correct on the "nickel bag" source.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone

Someone asked about Hotels in IM, figure I'd post the list

Heres a list of hotels I compiled awhile back. The Highland Inn is also a good bet and will give a discount if you mention Drive-Invasion/Dixie Fried!. If you really want a dose of Atlanta culture, stay at the Clermont Lounge/Hotel

http://www.clermontlounge.net/

Hotel list:

In Atlanta proper, close and safe:

Comfort Inn Turner Field
    795 Pollard Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA
    (404) 658-1610

Country Inn & Suites
    759 Pollard Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA
    (404) 658-1961

Close (20 mins) and safe:

Red Roof Inn-Stockbridge
    637 Highway 138 W, Stockbridge, GA
    (678) 782-4100

Best Western Atlanta South Motel
    619 Highway 138 W, Stockbridge, GA
    (770) 474-8771

Very close, may not be the safest, (likely to be people selling drugs and/or sex in the parking lot

Econo Lodge
    3140 Moreland Ave, Conley, GA
    (404) 363-6960

Regards,

Chris

3. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

We're stayin at the days inn airport east, forest park. Fri night. The pets are stayin there all weekend cause of drive-in policy. And we might be there a few extra days pending the hurricane.

4. < 24 hrs to go...

to much to do, and so little time to do it, this work thing I have to do Monday thru Friday is really cutting into my time to get ready, I hope I don't forget anything in my thrash to get ready and packed.

T

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OK,
    I'm bringing 24 eggs 4# bacon, boiled peanuts and meat skins, a 15" cast iron skillet, a 3 burner LP stove, large bag charcoal, and 5 gallons of water for clean up, etc. Also beer and bottled water for drinking. Paper plates, towels, and a folding table for the stove.
    Anybody want me to bring anything else needs to speak up!
    Dave

6. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

leaving tonight in the 39 . camping out in the car, its about as big inside as a motel room.

7. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I know exactly how you feel!

8. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

What time are the Sock Fuckers planing on heading that way? Looking like Kirstie and I will be down in the Falcon. Still not sure if I have to work or not, but by about 9am tomorrow if they haven't called me, they probably won't.

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I am gonna' shoot for being at the gate about 10 A.M.

10. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've gotten phone calls and PMs from a couple different HAMBers, plus phone calls from others over the last couple days about the NE Georgia Swap Meet.
    The Swap Meet IS NOT THIS WEEKEND. Sunday is Aug. 31. The swap meet is NEXT Sunday, September 7--the first Sunday of the month.
    One HAMBer called today and said buddies were coming up for Dixie Fried from Florida and were planning on going to the swap meet. Stevie was planning on loading the truck...
    And I've had people not affiliated with the HAMB or Dixie Fried call about the show, thinking it was this weekend. I'm positive I'll have a couple confused calls from cell phones on Sunday morning.
    So don't get up early, unless it's to grab another beer. "Breakfast" can safely be changed to "brunch."

This has been a public service announcement by the NE Georgia Swap Meet. We now return you to your debauchery planning, already in progress.

-Brad

11. Okay guys, minor dilema.
    The cake is ordered and will be ready for pickup in the AM.
    The problem is I still have stuff to move so I won't be making it to DF.
    Is there anyone on the NE side of the city that is going to DF that could meet me to take the cake down?
    Boy Wonder has a ball game, so if Brad does go, it will be later in the evening.

HELP!!

Ron, have you left yet?
    Wanna swing through Auburn in the morning?

12. Okay,
    SNAFU has been fixed.
    Thank you Rich!

13. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Wow... I know this is way left field but... Does anyone want 3 kittens? or maybe less? I have 3 strays that I can't take care of. They are from the same mom, and I have no idea how old they are, but they seem to like my shop and that is not a place for cats. I feel really bad for them, but they need a home and it can't be mine.

14. There's a joke in there...but I just can't bring myself to type it.

15. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Thanks for posting, Brad, and clarifying that info. Hope you come out to DF9 this weekend. Stop by the Road Kings tent and say hello.
    Chad

16. slamdpup

slamdpup

how about u guys takin ALOT of pics

17. Well bad enough as a first timer, bringing a new roadster on a trailer 'cuz there's no tags or insurance on it, now I have to figure out where to take the birthday cake!!!

If you see an old red head in a flat red track roadster with a cake in one hand and the steering wheel in the other...please tell me where to go. Ups, that didn't come out right, did it.

18. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Fill me in on the scoop. I from MB, we really don't have any traditional rod shows around here locally. Can you camp at the Dixie Fried? Next year I will be there 29 Tudor and all.

19. aceuh

aceuh

I'm coming in on 75 south....Which way should I hit 285 to avoid the lane closeures. 285 east around to 20 or 285 west down to 20?

:D

I'm thinkin go like I'm heading towards Six Flags (which is 285 west) and then go east on 20 instead of west towards six flags. After that hit exit 60 A (Moreland Av) Then turn right on us-23 (ga-42 moreland av se)

Am I on the right track???

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  20. slamdpup

slamdpup

take 75 to 675 then 285 north or west (forget what it reads on the sign) then the 1st exit is moreland ave hang a right on moreland ave go about 2 miles and the star lite is on the right hand side

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just returned home from the drags @ Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA, and I'm getting ready to hit the sack (sack,not sock!). Picked up what I listed above today except I picked up 36 eggs instead of 24.
    Look for a gray bearded old fart in an '03 Chev. Silverado Duramax, white in color, with a tool box in bed and CB antenna on toolbox.
    If they turn me away from the roped off area, I hope they'll at least let me unload there or I'm gonna need lotsa help!
    Dave

22. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

I'll help ya. Just got in. See ya'll in a few hours. Black and red 53 with louisiana plates.
    -mike

23. Man Dave, you live the life! Wish I could have gone to the drags before Dixie! We will be at the liquor store in front of the starlight at 10am.

Mike - glad you made it in safe!

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Morning yall!
    Just got up, doubt I'll be there till 12:00 or so. as they ain't gonna let me in till then as I'm not a participant, just a spectator and hanger-on.
    Wish I knew Don Holley's username (Ether also knows him). He left a message on my machine that he would be there in his '34 p'up. He's the guy I bought my '31 from.
    Dave

25. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

We're in the huge castle sized tent on the back row. Lets all have a good time!

26. StrickV8

StrickV8

special thanks goes out to the Atlanta Road Kings for hosting such a great show! you guys did an awesome job putting on Dixie Fried 9. we had one helluva good time and will be back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Yes - I'll second that! What a blast. By far my favorite show. Looking forward to next year already.

28. Dixie Fried was Great, we met some really cool folks and had alot of Fun.
    Thanks Atl. Road Kings.

Cooter

29. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Yeah man! The show was great and maybe I'll even get to be there for both days next year. Good folks, tunes, cars, and food! Hell I even got a trophy on Sunday. I also heard another lucky HAMBer received some recognition at Saturday's pre-64 show. I wanna see the trophy!

30. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I had no idea he was on the HAMB..Known him a long time! Striped his 34 saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.