Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Hawaiian Dragster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capochi, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Nice.

That's still my all time favorite slingshot, it really bugged me when they went funny.

On the side, anybody know where the oil painting of it they presented at the 'Dale wound up?

2. DrJ

DrJ

The added bracket is to keep the radical caster front wheels from flopping over in the museum presentation.
    The three bar front axle setup was a non binding later design from the one in davison's '65 pic that has two wishbones.
    It's not "broken".

3. Capochi

Capochi

Soon more pics of the others cars, like, Fiat Mefistofele, Botafogo, Alfa Romeo Bimotore, etc

you are right, is a pity not to be able to listen the engine :(

In this Link I have found a little information on its history and from how I arrive they hawaiian to Turin; http://www.oldrace.com/2/2.html

Thanks to all by the welcome, Grazie!

4. stan292

stan292

Capochi -

Welcome to the HAMB, and thanks much for the great photos. I've seen a few snapshots of the car, but these are the first really hi-quality photos that have made their way "back home", as far as I am aware.

Over the past decade, there have been many rumours of this car returning to the U.S., but I'm guessing the museum knows full well what a treasure it has, and probably won't let that happen.

Oh well, we have dozens of cars from that era - either restored or cloned - to enjoy here in the States. It's good to know such things are appreciated elsewhere.

Perhaps you should see if you could interest the museum in bringing one (or more) of the "Cacklefest" dragsters to Italy for some "live-fire" displays. Now that would really make an impression!

5. Abomination

Abomination

You know, if the stipulations say that the museum cannot "sell" a car, why couldn't that "trade" it, a "donation" for "donation" between Peterson & themselves?

;)

~Jason

6. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

What an awesome ride, a fella I work with is building a clone of the original version as shown above.

7. God, I love chutepac diggers! Wondering if the small scoops with the rosewood inserts are for helping the chutes get out? Beautiful car. Thanks and welcome to the HAMB.

8. Capochi

Capochi

I dont know the authorities the museum and the history from how I arrive at Turin, but it will inform to me.

9. Conder

Conder

One of my favorite rails too!

10. Bodacious

Bodacious

Great first post, great car.
    A warm welcome from an Italian-American. My grandparents came from a village in the south called Roseto, ever hear of it? I long to visit Italy and Roseto one day.

11. Capochi

Capochi