Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who gets to do this while at work ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

Shhhhhhhh... Dont tell my boss..

2. flathead fred

flathead fred

no, of course not.. I am not reading the HAMB.... I am writing an estimate right now, yeah, that's it.....writing an estimate

3. Brandi

Brandi

Yep. I've mastered looking really busy while surfing the HAMB. :D

4. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Yeah my boss doesnt really approve of it. But thats what those auto darkening screen protecters are for, Id say on average 40% of my day goes to the hamb and other non work internet stuff. ,.. by the way my boss rolled up on me while I was writing this message! ha!

5. yup , drivin a towboat 12 hours a day ..

6. I'm getting double time today.$$$$$$HAMB$$$$$$

7. Uh... maybe.... who wants to know? ;)

8. I'm a "multi-tasker" (or so I've told my boss :)) ... I typically have the H.A.M.B. up in one of the tabs of my work computer's IE 7.0 browser ... I check it every so often ... and post when I'm waiting for my computer to finish a long task (e.g., compile code, burn media, install s/w, etc.) or while I'm listening in on a teleconference that doesn't require my full attention ;).

It used to be that as long as I got my work done and on-time, the muckety-mucks didn't care what we did in our "spare time" ... but my company was bought out awhile back ... and the new ownership has a different philosophy ... so there's no telling when the IT folks in our corporate offices will block access to the H.A.M.B. :( ... but until then ... :D

9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

10. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Is this Carlos from IT?

11. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

I run a machine/welding shop for Department of Defense in DC.........so you guessed it; I'm the stereotypical government worker. I have narrowed it down to break times but I have the shop to myself and they won't fund running the machines so I have alot of breaks.
    I did do three hours of media blasting on my artillery wheels today in between Hamb breaks so that counts as productive right?

12. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

Yes, a couple times a day I check in at work .When I work on saturdays its all I do between customers.

13. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

you have no clue...

14. daddio211

daddio211

I'm pleading the fifth! :eek:

15. jimmyv

jimmyv

I guess I do since I work from home for myself.

16. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

This is Punjab in Calcutta.
    I am your new Bosses.

Your all Fired ! Now get out !

Have a nicest day.

17. 39sledge

39sledge

have a hot rod shop and once and a while browse the hamb.

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I NEVER did ... when at work and I had a online computer that would come here. Every now and then I would go on eBay to make a last minute bid or check on a auction ... but not to surf.

We had a real " unfriendly " IT department ... so I did not want to risk my retirement ... and I only needed a little more time. My computer @ home was way faster than the one at work anyway. So I just did the HAMB thing at home.

Now that I am retired ...

It is not a issue
    :D

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I used to get paid for this pretty well before I retired from my job after 30 years. Now that I'm self employed, it don't pay caca.

20. murfman

murfman

Funnay... and people wonder why our economy is in the crapper, and most manufacturing is done overseas. A bunch of lazy asses surfing the internet instead of doing their job. Pitiful if you ask me. Oh yeah, I'm working right now, 82.00 an hour as a matter of fact (Double time on the holiday weekend :D)

21. wc chopper

wc chopper

I can't really browse at work operating the robots doesn't give me much time BUT I only work 2 or 3 days a week so lots of time at home to get on here.

22. Abomination

Abomination

SHit, man!

I only get $20 (and change) an hour at the dot org I work at... and although it barely covers the bills, I thought I was big shit!

I think I'll go to bed tonight fantasizing about what I could accomplish with the extra dough I'd make if I made that much, even though I full well know that even with the extra cash my situation would probably be identical to now...

Why is it that the percentage of money going out is always about the same percentage of the money coming in? ;)

~Jason

23. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

im here and im at work

24. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

it's even sweeter when you get paid to.

25. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Yes. I work a swing/grave shift for a municipality.
    Just here in case the shit hits the fan.
    If it is something I can handle on my own I do if not I call in people.
    Some nights no problems so plenty of computer time.

26. good to see their is still decent people working decent jobs here in the usa.

27. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Ditto ..........

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've gotten pretty good at talking to customers/potential customers on the phone and surfing the HAMB at the same time. :D

29. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

Its all fun and games until somebody gets caught!:D

Dont ever think that knowbody knows! there is plenty of software that watches every move you make, online, offline, personal email, company email, ebay, hotmail you name it.:eek:

if you are salaried and work your ass off than it doesnt hurt. if you work by the hour and are gliden at your job than its stealing time!