Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whos The Best Classic Car insurance Company?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cadillacin Marcus, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Theres a few out there just wondering who offers the most flexible mileage and less restrictions..

2. I've had good luck with Foremost Insurance. Just call 800-527-3905 and tell them you are interested in a quote for a classic car.

I have Farmers on my 62 olds. No restrictions on driving at all, and it is 42.00 per month...

3. Iceberg

Iceberg

I've had good luck with American Collectors Insurance. My wiring burned up several months ago when I was on a trip. I was hit with a $150 towing bill and had a fried electrical system. I figured because there was no body damage that I would have to eat the repairs. My buddy that I bought my truck from had wired the truck rather poorly. Anyway, I completed the work (complete re-wire w/ new voltage reg, battery & cables. When I called them about the large towing charge, the customer service rep prompted me to file a claim. I sent them pictures of the damage & invoices and they covered the entire bill w/ no deductable. I only pay $180/year for both my collector vehicles. Great insurance company!

4. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Apparently Haggerty is really really good...

I keep meaning to call, to insure my Riviera....

agreed value, and price depends on that,
    and how much you plan on driving it each year...

they have a website that has an online quote feature...
    do a search.... pretty damn cheap actually....

I know Denise has had no problems with them paying
    her promptly, a couple times I believe.....

later, Snacks......

5. lownslow

lownslow

dude my olds is thru AAA.....

6. It seems like the regular insurance companies are covering these cars just fine,maybe i should just go that route...I just did the Haggerty quote it was only $258..but It has to be in a locked garage.. There goes that...

7. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

[ QUOTE ]
    ..but It has to be in a locked garage.. There goes that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a garage at all? What I'm trying to say is, I've never seen Hagerty reps cruising down my street at night to make sure I had it in the garage with the door locked.

I do have a garage, and it does have a lockable door. That's all I'm saying....

8. They want pics of the car inside the garage..Believe me I tried that...

9. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

GRUNDY RULES ..... www.grundy.com They knock the soxs off all others in coverage & price ...

10. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

I have used grundy and it is the cheapest and I have had not problems, even with the theft of my `59 Galaxie... they paid withing 10 days.

11. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

well since im 23 and i cant get special insurance thru grundy and shit like that (u have to be 25) i called statefarm. 80 bucks for a whole year for my 50 full covarge thru there collecter car division. no age limit. and i have the worst driving record in the world. mind u i pay 80 a month for basic on my 92 civic..

12. Haggerty is who I have on my two cars... the Model A got ran into and the dude skipped... they paid the claim right away. Only problem I have is that they didn't go after the guy who ran into the A after I found out who it was. But that's their loss.

I give them an "A".

Sam.

13. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I've been pleased with Hagerty, and their restrictions are not tough.

14. I've always used Sneed, Robinson Greer thru NSRA but at a picnic a couple of weeks ago this subject came up. Seems a lot of guys that used them switched to Haggerty first and then to Grundy due to the great rates from Grundy.