Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tater's New Look!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Famous Tater, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Hello HAMBer's...I have been waiting to get my 53 on the right track before posting pics and I finally think I am getting there. You tell me?? I just completed the Air Ride on the front, blocks in back. Got my firewall filled and cleared and got my new 350 in and she runs pretty strong. Turned my tires around so I could run the WW's and cleaned up my interior with my Tater sack doors and kick panels. Still have a ways to go but heading in the right direction...I hope! Heading to Charlotte in October for Good Guys show. maybe I will see some of you there, stop and say hi. Thanks guys for any comments or suggestions!
    Tater

Attached Files:

2. Big Todd

Big Todd
    from Ferrum Va.

Sweet truck! I might have to steal your door panel idea!

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sets really well. The wheels/tires look good with it.
    The missing hood just throws the whole look of those trucks though.
    I'd suggest putting one on.
    Alot like a woman... much sexier when its left to your imagination. :)

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the chrome firewall is hip ! love the door panels

5. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

i've been turning over the burlap sack thing in my head for a long time. I have a 49 chevy panel, and was thinking about using a couple to fill the seat back.

6. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Hey, thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, thought the potato sack thing was kinda cool. Found a ton of them in an old warehouse here in town. I still need to do a headliner. That's what sparked the idea of the Shop Logo & Name...Famous Tater's. Logo's are designed for doors, just need to have them done. Maybe before Charlotte?

As for the reply to runnin' the hood...I have heard that several times. I do have it but, right now can't bring myself to put it on!

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I'm digging it for sure! Not so much the steeringwheel, but then again I don't have to look at that :p

These trucks look great in white, enjoy it!

8. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Hey DRuss...yeah man, at Richmond! We shot some reallyh good ones on Sat. eve down in front of the "old" lookin' buildings in front. Nice meeting you this past weekend.

Attached Files:

9. ThatOne49

ThatOne49

Great lookin 53! I just started a 49 1 ton panel, I hope it comes out half as clean as yours! Good job bro

10. Famous Tater

Famous Tater

Fencepost...I hear ya' on the steering wheel! I had to replace the column at the last minute and the wheel was already on it. It was gray, I dyed it black at least. Wouls like to maybe have a metal flake white one?? Any suggestions?

11. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Now your talkin'!

Honestly, I love the wheel in my '53 Chevy sedan so much that if/when I get one of these trucks, thats what I plan on using!

Also, check out these dudes from downunder:

http://www.pearlcraft.com.au/welcome.htm