Register now to get rid of these ads!

Powerhouse Engine Components

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 231ramona, Aug 28, 2008.

1. 231ramona

231ramona

Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Powerhouse Engine Components? I'm looking at a set of aluminum heads they have. I tried a search of posts but didn't get anything.
    Thanks

2. 30on32

30on32

3. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Pretty sure these are the same chinese aluminum heads that are flooding the market under various names. Ebay has a zillion vendors selling them all claiming theirs as the best. Seen them from $550 a pair on up.
    In reality they aren't bad for a street motor. Hard to beat the price when comparing it to rebuiling iron heads. Customers have supplied a few sets for me to use on their motors. They've held up fine under regular use but I have not leaned on a pair.

4. 231ramona

231ramona

Thanks for the reply. This is for a 427 Chevy motor going in our gasser. It will be strickly street driven so maybe this will work.

5. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Should do you just fine. Use some of the dough saved on those heads and spring for "good" headgaskets. Durability and longevity are the key so good headgaskets and make sure the cooling system is up to snuff.

6. FEDER

FEDER

One thing to look for. If they have regular spring shims between the bottom of the spring and the head change them out for some hardened steel spring cups. Have seen many aftermarket heads including Edelbrock with just shims and the spring wears right through them and into the head. Need I say where all the metal goes. FEDER

7. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

i always like to rember the old phrase"you get what you paid for". I used cheap shitty parts before and it was like a bottle rocket: a quick fizz of speed and satisfaction that Vic Edelbrock didnt get any of my loot then bang, a lump of useless crap. Spend the money and do it right, youll thank yourself later. Anyways, fuck the chinese and their heads, support america before the democrats try to take away our hot rods too.