Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway Motors,....LOUSY customer service!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoalTownKid, Aug 27, 2008.

1. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

speaking as a "devils advocate" here. i have a 2nd job, part time in a liquor store and i can honestly say that people get exactly the kind of treatment they give me. i can be incredibly helpful but when somebody approaches me in a condescending or rude manner, they get treated in a like way. no job on earth is worth your self respect. now, i'm not sayin you weren't justified in being pissed off but remember the old saying. "more flies with honey than vinegar" just a thought.... working retail, it's tough to listen to people bitch, moan and belittle you on a daily basis. especially when whatever the problem was didn't originate with you. do ya think dennis answers phones AND stuffs boxes in the warehouse? probably not. everybody has a bad day now n then. it's all little stuff unless somebody you love is dyin... try to remember we're all human and mistakes are made. i just get a feeling that a 1 day delay in your part being shipped after the initial mistake did not bring the world to a screeching standstill. although judging by the tone of your initial post, you have a special talent for finding the "bad" customer service reps.... maybe it's not everybody else........for what it's worth.

2. Mopar34

Mopar34

Have only had problems with one vendor who I won't mention and that was years ago so they could be better today (most likely not).:eek: Never have had any issues with Speedway, Summit, Jegs, and a host of others. Hopefully after having said that I won't now either.:D

3. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I work in customer service and I got to say I deal with a lot of "a holes" and sometimes it's hard to be nice especially when something happens that's not you fault. I.e shipping errors,mfg errors. Some people call and give a load of shit blaming you for what happened. If they call with a level and calm attitude. I'm more than willing to help them out but if they call with a pissy attitude it's hard not to give it back. All I'm saying Shit happens don't take it out on the person on the phone who is trying to help you.

4. It sounds like they treated you right in the end,,so why run Speedway Motors down because of one employee? HRP

5. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Customer service is key,....even if someone treats you bad, you ever think "THEY" might have had a bad day,..its not all about you,...its about THEM. Without them you dont have a job, rude or not. That's reality. You need to re-read the initial post,....

it seems like you took the idea of playing devil's advocate to heart,....

6. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

And you're still bitching :confused::confused: BTW-I fixed your spelling.

7. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

How about when you're as nice as pie from beginning to end but the guy pulls an attitude from the start?? then you proceed with your good nature untill you get someone with a mature mindset not holding a phone in one hand and a baby rattle in the other??

Does no one actually read through the entire initial posts people make here anymore?? Do that many people not take the time to comprehend the obvious?
    wow....

8. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

again, not a bitch, but a heads up for others buying parts...

oh thanks for your spelling lesson....

9. jimmyv

jimmyv

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Speedway and never had any problems. Always great service and got what I ordered.

10. Speedway Motors has always given me good service. With the volume of business they do, occasionally they will accidentely give bad service. I know, I'm working customer service right now.

11. You can get frustrated when ordering by catalog rather than actually holding the item in your hands before purchase. Even with tech support. Sorry ya had a bad experience. But in defense of Speedway, I must say they have geen very helpful with my orders. And man do they ship fast! I get all my stuff COD anyway. The old "junk" I'm working on makes me happy to have the resource. Overall I'm happy with their performance and will again buy from those guys..............

12. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

I'd consider defending them if they were an alliance vendor.

13. I'm so glad so many of you guys here are saying nice things about Speedway!!!!!!!
    I buy most every thing from them...NEVER had an issue for the past 20 years......
    Try that with some of the lesser known vendors...Just ordered a door latch for a 55 Ford P U from a place in OKC...sent one for a 56....yes they are different....(latches)
    THAT place has never sent ANYTHING right!!!!!!!!!never again on them...
    Just wish Speedway had them to offer!!!

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Speedway is a huge entity. Everyone makes mistakes. I have ordered from them TONS of times and have never had even the slightest problem.

15. And Speedy Bill is the real deal!

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm kind of down on the proliferation of cheap chinese crap in their inventory.
    Other than that they're pretty good.

17. Koz

Koz

I've dealt with Speedway for years with very few problems. At least they sorted it out and somebody probably got there ass reamed. There are a lot of schysters out there who would not have done anything. Give them a chance, everybody screws up, it's just how you handle it that makes the difference.

18. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had nothing but Great Service from Speedway. So not sure what happened, but, they will make it right, I have seen Speedy Bill at many shows, NSRA for instance.

At least it was not something "critical" like ring groove variation, that scored a cylinder after you spend $$$'s to bore and hone with Torque plates. Then you can get bent out of shape. A small error by a sales guy is no reason to Bash a Great Hot Rod Shop than has been around more years than many have been alive. ............................Or defective material in an Imported H-Beam that ventilated your block, read the warranty on racing parts, Oh, there is none due to intended use.

Speedway is down to Earth. I have also dealt with Summit, Grew up there and was going there when they were a Small Performance Shop, JEGS is great too. I fly all there decals, and always will. My car would not be built if it wasn't for Speedway, they hooked me up on a straight axle and I did not even know what make it was, they new what to measure and what I had in minutes...............Real Hot Rod People.

Nuf Said.

19. 21stud

21stud
    from California

I've sent a lot of bad / ill fittling parts back to speedway with no questions asked. They made good on the shipping. Usually they have you buy a new one and credit the old one on return. I've even sent back parts that I didn't check for fit months later without the original packaging. They still gave me credit.

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Just a heads up!!!!!!!!! I highly recomend speedway motors, I spend in excess of 10k a year with them and never have a bad (bad) problem, sometimes we have a mix up , but i am dealing with humans not machines. so dont get your panties in a wad ,and i gaurantee you that they will make it right for you....

21. I've had great luck with speedway. Ordered some goodies just last week, had them in my hot little hands the next day and they are fine.

22. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I have had excellent service from Speedway, but if you want there products without having to go to them for it why not just give Eric at Riley Auto a call, and he is a HAMB Alliance Vendor. Problem solved. For allyall that don't know him, Eric is super to deal with and he "gets er' done".

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you got a guy having a bad day. I've used them quite a bit and had great service. I ordered a set of front signal lights and when I got them one had a burned out bulb. They sent me 2 new bulbs next day air. I didn't even ask for that. The NDA shipping must have been 10 times the cost of the bulbs.

24. Ice man

Ice man

I had a major problem cause they would not ship to me. So I called to find out why. They were very professional and said that I can't order from the quick order thing, but if I call and talk to them and tell then it for international they will ship, and its been excellant so far. Ice man (former Pittsburgher)

25. liljgoneman

liljgoneman
    BANNED

i read just fine thanks. i'll say it again. even type slower so you get it. NO job is worth your self respect... that said, some pissant nickel n dime purchase doesn't warrant the customer being a dick much less goin online to run down a good company so he feels better about himself. that is the behavior of a bully and if you think the customer is always right, i recommend you get a job in an adult bookstore. then tell me in a week again how the customer is always right.

26. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

My only complaint, is having to ship something back that was THIER mistake, before they shipped the right item. I've had it happen twice in the last year. Both were large items, time critical, and cost a couple of missed road trips. I've delt with companys that would bend over backwards to get me what I ordered without delay. Speedway could seriously improve when they screw up an order. Other than that I like thier selection and prices....

27. sawzall

sawzall

I know coaltownkid (the original poster), and have had dealings with him and think this post was a bad decision on his part..

speedways perspective:
    they had only your word that you received 2 lefts.. by requiring that you send them back first, (yet accommodating the shipping deal) they did what they needed to do to cover their asses.. and ensure that they didn't "loose" a pair of these parts.

2 day shipping 3 day shipping, whatever.. I don't see how these two pieces were going to keep you from completing the car by some date..

In fact, I still have parts that you need to complete the car.. I guess I'll be the next one flamed online for not providing good customer service..

Honestly, I cannot comprehend how they offered poor customer service,as they did rectify the situation in what I would consider a timely manner..

so now that "coaltownkid" has communicated his perspective

my perspective was that you were building a "historically correct" car, what could speedway offer you.

I have, OFTEN bought things and have had good dealings with speedway, and regardless of your original post I will continue to buy from them..

28. heres the bottom line in my book---If you want the good deal,order early enough as not to screw your plans up......OR spend the coin with your local speed/hotrod shop that depends on your loyalty to even keep the doors open,just my take on this

29. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

30. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Did you try one of the HAMB Alliance Vendors first, if you didn't that was your first mistake. :eek: