Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Bone, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Must be because she has NEVER been in a 32 when the front wheels comes off the ground. ... :)

It takes STONES ... to drive this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=63A9w8gZcLs

2. Nah, she still thinks '32s are gay;), especially Tudor's!!

DR....That '32 should make all '32 owners proud!

BloodyKnuckles

3. Hey Ron, with all the Jagermeister shots Dave and I have bought for Hot Rod Walt I'm sure we can get him to seranade her on stage.
    Brett

4. Yeaya!!

BloodyKnuckles

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, here I go again with another change in plans!
    Trying about as hard as a 70 yr. old can to get at least enough paint work done on my Brookville '31 to put the body shell (all that can't be unbolted) back on the frame before cold weather gets here and shuts down painting for the winter.All the rain this week from Fay ain't helping for shit! The stuff I'm painting now is painted out front of the shop and rain stops it all!
    My RV needs some de winterizing, as it hasn't been used all this summer, and a few other things, so I've decided to come without the RV. WTH, I've slept in a car or truck before and I can do it again!
    So are there going to be enough vendors around to get enough to eat or do I need to pack up a load of vienna sausage, sardines, and soda crackers to get me thru till midday Sunday? I ain't leaving at 10:00pm like I did at the Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds.
    Dave

6. 8769

from kennesaw

here's all the info for you in one easy location. special thanks to Jill Mills for getting this together. She spends a ton of time working behind the scenes and gets little to no credit for it. So if you see her at the show be sure to give her a big thank you. Thanks again Jill !!!

Dixie Fried/Drive Invasion this weekend!!

Saturday and Sunday Aug. 30 & Aug. 31 (Labor Day Weekend) at the Starlight Six Drive-In 2000 Moreland, Ave. Atlanta, GA 30316

DIXIE FRIED car show #9...

No pre-registration this year.
    Driven pre-65 cars, hot rods, kustoms, and bikes welcome in the roped off car show area on Saturday. Pre-74 on Sunday.
    Gates at noon on both days. Pre-65 cars can get in anytime after 10AM. Get advanced tickets at driveinvasion.com. Remember to print off your discount coupon if you will be driving a participating car plus 1 passenger here..... dixiefriedcarshow.com
    Awards and prizes in 6 categories on each day.

For out of towners....
    Lanes Closed I-75/85 Labor Day Weekend.....
    This could mean up to a 2 hour delay or more if you will be taking I-75/85 southbound. Take I-285 and or I-20.
    You can check out detailed info here...
    http://www.dot.state.ga.us/informationcenter/activeprojects/pages/laborday.aspx

Drive Invasion...

THE BANDS!
    SATURDAY, 8/30:
    AGENT ORANGE, GARGANTUA, THE DOUGHBOYS, THE FORTY-FIVES, THE BULLNECKS, EL CAPITAN & THEE SCALLYWAGS, ROCKET 350, and THE DISASTERNAUTS!

SUNDAY 8/31:
    TH' LEGENDARY SHACK SHAKERS, THE BASTARD SONS OF JOHNNY CASH, THE PSYCHO-DEVILLES, GRINDER NOVA, RED ROCKET DELUXE, THE LUCHAGORES, GHOSTRIDER CAR CLUB, and THE EL CAMINOS!

THE MOVIES!
    SCI-FI SATURDAY:
    FORBIDDEN PLANET, BARBARELLA, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (1956) FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND, plus ONE MORE TBA.

COMEDY SUNDAY (LYFAO):
    PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE, BLAZING SADDLES, CHEECH & CHONG'S UP IN SMOKE, plus TWO MORE!

Bands start at 1PM

Vendors, special guests, and free overnight camping! Get a 10% discount at the Highland Inn by mentioning Dixie Fried or Drive Invasion.

7. Dave,
    You'll probably have more fun without the camper headache anyway. Mrs. Dog_Patch is making Carne Asada steak about 6lbs. She is going to marinate and cook it Friday night and it'll be on ice. Makes really good soft tacos, or a nice beef sandwich. Should be enough to go around, but as a backup, you might want to throw in a can of beans in case we run out. I think we are bringing our own coolers with liquids, not sure what is for sale there.

We talked a little bit about a grill and some eggs for breakfast, not sure what became of that. If I can find a good dealer in time, I plan to be holding bags of boiled peanuts. A guy can live for days on those :rolleyes:.
    Bring a comfortable chair ;).

Update - MRS (not Mr) Dog_Patch is also getting a big pan of taco rice and black beans to go with the meat - trust me it will be tasty and a lot of it! I'm also bringing a grill for Sunday morning eggs and fried potatoes with salsa. I would call it Huevos Rancheros, but she's Greek, so I don't know what it is.

Tony

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  8. theracedude

theracedude

i will be there...

9. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

I can bring the goobers!!!! I was planning on bringing 6 or 7 bags. Sound good???

10. Mmmmmm, peanuts...

save me a spot next to you and Ed. I was thinking about bring some barbecue for sandwiches...

T

11. Wow - a hot chick with Goobers! Some joys in life can only be found in the South!

12. Well just home from MOKAN and will not be making the Dixie Fried again! I broke somthing in the tranny and no time to fix!!!

Have a blast!!!!!

13. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

UPDATE:

We have worked it out so that there will be at least one gate open at 9:00 AM on Saturday for car show participants. This line for Vendors, Sponsors and you hoodlums will be in effect until 10:45. After that, you are in line with everyone else entering the Drive-In. We hope this helps reduce the time spent waiting to get in. Please be patient, there are a lot of you folks coming and we'll do our best to get you parked up, and enjoying yourselves as soon as we can.
    Gates will open on Sunday at 11:00 AM, as per the Starlight.
    I should also mention that like last year, there is no real place in the show area for burnouts (other than the Sock Fuckers:)) So please be respectful of how many people and cars are in that small area.
    This has been an announcement.

Thanks,
    Chad

14. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Thanks,Chad.

I am guessing that this "early open" gate will be the main entrance as well?

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Let me know what I need to bring,brother.

I may be able to get ahold of the eggs,I will find out tomorrow.

They are FRESH eggs,as in free range,as in un-processed.

Not the prettiest in the world,but DAMN tasty.

Let me know.

16. Lots of eggs would be killer. Anyone want to sign up for potatoes and onions?

17. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

I got some wings and things to make hot wings too........ Hey SFer's y'all wants some red hots for breakfast also?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  18. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

Plannin' on showing up early Saturday morning. Due to recent tropical storm activity, we may be forced into a premature evacuation i.e. we might have to bring our pets with us (the 3' water line in our bathroom suggests that's a good idea)...

If this Gustav character turns out to be Katrina's fuckhead younger brother, we might be havin' an extended labor day Dixie Fried weekend and might have pets in tow (dog + 2 cats)

Plannin' on grillin' and drinkin' and having an awesome weekend either way, evacuation or not

On a lighter note, how many pounds of potatoes and onions should we bring??

-mike + liana

19. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I'll let you know on the eggs tomorrow A.M.

20. Hey guys, is there anything we could contribute for dinners? We would be more than happy to help.

BloodyKnuckles

21. yeaya? is that even a word?

22. Yeaha!!

BloodyKnuckles

23. aceuh

aceuh

Planning on being there early on Saturday if things go as planned! Are bottled beverages frowned on at the show? So many places want to keep the broken glass/weapon risk to a minimum you know... I don't have a problem swiggin out of cans....I just need to know how to pack my cooler!

Our 54 isn't exactly where we want it to be as of yet, so we'll be rollin in with my bud in his lil sled.

[​IMG]

24. Bitter Red

Bitter Red
    from Georgia

Fun, Fun, Fun! Can't wait!

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

aceuh,

check the website on the bottles.

26. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i was going,gonna be my first. but had a death in the family tonight. my father in law. he loved PBR. ya'll hoist one in the air for him he'd get a kick out of that. i'll see ya'll next year.hopefully:( no replies to this please ,keep the post positive and enjoy the show.

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Stealth Cruiser, I talked to Dog Patch on phone just a bit ago and agreed to bring 3 or 4 dozen eggs and 3 or 4 pounds of bacon.
    But if you are gonna bring free range eggs then I can bring some sausage or ham or something instead of the eggs!
    Racerodcruiser is offering to bring potatoes and onions, somebody grab ahold of him and give him the word before he leaves New Orleans! BTW Chuck, are those "nickel bags cooked by our mutual friend, Buddy? Let's get this all set before Sat morning, time to leave! I'm always willing to bring more than my share when it comes to food and drinK,as I'd rather have too much than not enough!
    I'm also bringing a big bag of charcoal and a 15" cast iron skillet to use on the grill or whatever we have to cook on for breakfast.
    I have a 3 burner LP gas outdoor stove and plenty of LP gas in tanks. Do I need to bring them?
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  28. 8769

from kennesaw

I think the official policy of the drive in, is no bottles, but until Jack comes in a plastic bottle (God Forbid) it is one policy I have to break.

That being said don’t leave anything that can be driven over and don’t hit anyone over the head and I think you’ll be ok. It should go without saying but Police are on hand every year and they are as respectful to you as you are to them.

<O:p
    It’s a rare occasion that someone is asked to leave but it has happened when people make an ass out of themselves and are disrespectful of others people’s property.

Troy
    Road Kings C.C.
    <ST1:p

29. Loppy

Loppy

Anyone driving up from Florida? Caravan? Is there a host/main hotel where most are stay'n? Pre-party anywhere? Let's here it!

30. Loppy

Loppy

Read up on all the web sites. Couldn't find detailed information for camping. Can anyone chime-in. What are the enter and leave date's and time's? Is re-entry permitted? Crappers? Showers? And, next year I'll have that vintage trailer in-tow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.