Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parts suppliers - I need shackles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by striper, Aug 26, 2008.

1. striper

striper

This seems like a dumb thing to be asking but: I need some 2 1/4" stainless shackles. I had some ordered at Sac Vintage but they were on back order. So I ordered some from Speedway. They want nearly $60 shipping on a $50 item.

Anyone on here deal with this stuff that wants to sell them to me and ship to Australia at a fair price.

BTW, I have bought from Sac Vintage and Speedway before and I am not slanging them off. Always had good service. Just on this occasion the stars are not aligning for me.

Thanks

Pete

2. Gibson

Gibson
    from Butler, PA

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  3. Most of those came from the Deuce Factory and the rumor is they are out of business. Pete and Jakes lists them and I would think that Posie's will have them to. Given their small size they should go international parcel post for a lot less than $60. I sent a set of Lincoln brakes; drums, backing plates with hardware and spindles to Germany in two boxes for less than that recently. The trick will be finding a vendor willing to make the extra effort that takes. Have you tried Vaphead here on the HAMB?

4. striper

striper

Thanks Mr Overalls, I'll PM Vaphead. From my experience with shipping (and there's been a bit) these should cost not much more than $20 to ship.

If what you say is true about The Deuce Factory, that may explain why Sac Vintage has them on backorder, and one of the local suppliers here too.

Gibson. Thanks, but I have plain steel shackles. I'm after stainless ones to match my front ones and also because the plain ones have taken a bit of a beating over the last 3 years with assembly / disassembly a lot of times.

Pete