Register now to get rid of these ads!

I joined a club I don't want to be in. O/T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Mike, Aug 25, 2008.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We buried my Dad Christmas eve day in 1987. Christmas sucked that year. He was 60 years old and died suddenly. We had farmed and worked together for years, most of the time we didn't see eye to eye and I miss him still. But I figure it won't be to many years before I join him.

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

In time I hope you will all be able too laugh and smile at all the good memories
    lost mine at 65 6 years ago it`s a sad thing and it takes awhile.
    my best to you all :eek:

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I'm sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

4. Gibson

Gibson
    from Butler, PA

Sorry to here that bro, my condolences.

5. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

My condolences
    Joined that club in 06.
    Lost my Mom to cancer.
    It pissed me off more than anything to see her die like that.
    She fought so hard.
    She told me good bye a week before she passed.
    I just said "I know" when my little brother gave me the news early morning Sept. 8th.

She just could fight anymore. 56 years old.

6. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

sorry for your loss,,when i joined this club my hole personality and priorites in life seemd to change,,,life sucks some times,,

7. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

mike sorry to hear of your loss, my consolences to you and your family.

8. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

My condolences to you and your family. Lost my dad 5 years ago and I think about him every day. Like everyone said, just remember the good times and the things you learned from him and it'll get easier. It also helps having the support of so many people in your life and on here. I'll pray for you and your family.

9. 283nova

283nova
    from spokane,wa

my condolences, lost my mom 12-22-05 her birthday was 12-21-05 just turned 50. i was 18 and it devistated me. a week before HS graduation i was told she wouldnt live to christmas they were right. it still tears me up your in my prayers man.

10. steve650d

steve650d

So sorry to hear the passing of your dad. Mike. My dad passed away last week from cancer at 75 . We will be burying tomorrow. I am dreading it, but reading the tributes to your dad has helped me to think of the good memories I had with my father. I dont want to dwell on it too much as it still stings like hell, but if i may, i have attached the words i have written on his floral wreath.

<TABLE width=350><TBODY><TR><TD>God saw you were getting tired,
    a cure was not to be.
    So he put his arms around you,
    and whispered, "come with me."
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

God bless Mike STEVE

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

I joined that club 2 years ago with my dad when he was 66 .I know how you feel right now .Im sorry for you and your family .Your dad sounds kinda like mine ,except he suffered for 4 years before i lost him .He and i had a falling out and hardly spoke for 5 years after i married .Just shortly after i swallowed my pride and made peace with him after that time, he had a heart attack ,followed by a massive stroke .From that time on he had such brain damage that he didnt know who i was for the last 4 years of his life.I went to see him almost daily from then on even though he didnt know i was there.It still eats away at me sometimes for the 5 years i stayed away from him .If i only had it to do over now.He was the one that got me into old cars at a young age and taught me to wrench on my junk when i didnt even appreciate it .I didnt realize what i had till i lost him .Not a day goes by that i dont think about him ...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  12. tomslik

tomslik

lost my parents (1 in 2000 and the other in 2002)

still can't go to the gravesite:(

sorry for your loss, it sucks...

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

sorry to hear it mike! lost mine at 55 in june of 06.....would have hurt just as bad at 91! PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY!

14. My condolences but always remember, Memories are something that can Never be taken from you && as long as you have them he will live on forever....joe

15. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

16. yblock292

yblock292

joined the "club" in 1982 still seams like yesterday

17. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hi Mike,
    Real sorry to hear the news here about your dad.

Lost mine in October 1982 to cancer. Was a Chevy-Olds mechanic for 35 years in North Central Kansas. He started us 3 boys learning car stuff early. Would bring engines, trannies. rear ends home from work for us to tear down and put back together...learning by doing, he would say. I will always be grateful, for what he passed on to us.

Also lost my fiancee to Pancreatic Cancer in Feb 2005, on Valentines' Day to boot. She was going to make a fine wife, as she was a happy camper in Kansas City's Pick N Pull junkyard, with a few tools while gathering up parts for her RX-7... Sure do miss them both...

Mike, may the Good Lord give you peace, in the days ahead. Your daddy will be waiting for you, when your trip upstairs comes... duane

Duane Koss / Fort Sumner, New Mexico

18. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

" Honor thy father and mother" It does not say they have to be alive!
    Sounds like a hard working man, make sure your kids see him in the way you live, share the smarts he gave you!

19. Kettleman

Kettleman

I went though the club membership 3 years ago. My grandfather(100) in August, my grandmother(90's) in July and my dad (76) October 1. Made for a tough year. Still miss them, but keep your chin up and your memories fresh.

My condolences.

Kettleman

20. firemunkey

firemunkey
    from temecula

Joined in January, sucks big time. My prayers for you and your family.

21. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I was reading this thread when my wife called. Her mother just passed away 10 minutes ago. Strongest woman I ever met. She's been in a home for the last 5 years w/ Alzheimers. Wife is a wreck- thinking about you Mike. Gotta go now & hug my wife.

Anyone out there reading w/ parents still with them- call them right now & tell them you love them. NOW!!!!

22. Sorry to hear the news Mike. Remember the good times and cherish the memories. Make sure you tell your kids about every single one of them. We're thinking about you and there if you need anything.

23. LuckyBastardMiguel

LuckyBastardMiguel

I'm also sorry for your loss I've been in this fucked up club since I was 5 years old. Wish I would've had more time with my pop's.

24. Sorry, Mike-
    It's tough to lose a parent. (Lost Mom in 79, Pop in 94)
    I'm still coming up with things I would like to ask 'em.
    Treasure the family that remains. Make the most of the time you have left with them.
    David Lang

25. thechoop

thechoop

Very sorry to hear for your loss. I just joined the club last year in January. Still reeling over it. Think about my Dad every single day. Anytime I am thinking of hot rods, my Dad is with me. Hell, every time I am on the H.A.M.B., I am reliving the early days of going to the drags with Dad at Lions and OCIR, or the stock cars or sprints at Ascot Raceway. I miss him so much. You do eventually learn to forge ahead, but you never forget.

26. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Sorry you had to join the club. Not a good deal. I guess we all join sometime. Very
    sorry for your loss. Lost mine in 86. Still driv'n their Ranchero.
    Take Care, Ron

27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Hate to hear that and joined the club 10 years ago when my dad died,it was my dad and his brother that got me into cars. My uncle died in 79 right after I graduated from high school and if he could only see what I had done since. Jeff

28. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I joined 4/23/07.

Every once in a while I still pick up the phone to call and ask him something. Freaks me out when my Mom answers and I realize that I actually called to talk to Dad.

My Mom thinks I'm weird because sometimes I start the conversation with "Oh- it's you"

RIP dad. I miss you.