Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 9 inch... rear end finaly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PunkRodder, Aug 25, 2008.

1. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

Ok I finaly got the rear end I was looking for, ford 9 inch with no taper on the axles. 60 inches from flange to flange, with 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern. The drive is off center to the left, so I don't know if I will run in to any issues with my set up. Gear ratio according to the tag is 3.00. I am planning on putting it behind a Ford 302+T5. It came from a late 60's early 70's Ford Full siz ranger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

OK no responders, here is another question then. I want to run a single spring set up, model A or T. I am going to have to build spring perches on the axle so i was wondering if it's best to top mount or do the behind the axle setup. I know behind the axle automatically gives you a lower ride.

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

There was no question in the first post ...
    I would run the spring behind the axle. It can sit lower and it acts like the wheelbase is longer ( better ride ) .

4. PunkRodder

PunkRodder

The question was implied, to say will what I am wanting to do going to work?Anywho, thanks for the input.

5. Stubbe

Stubbe
    from Rapid City

It should work. Whats it going into? The behind axle makes sense. It should sit lower and ride smoother. Now do you want one or two shackles and a panard? I would say just one leaf, and screw the little movement it has.

6. jerry

jerry

IMHO the 3.0 gear is a bit high for a t-5 trans. You'll be lugging the motor in OD at any speed that is legal.

I would go with at least around a 3.90 ratio.

jerry