Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Wire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karpo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Karpo

Karpo

What a great experience with this company. Glenn and Bob my hats off to both of you guys. The Rebel harness was the easiest by far to install, and the tech is hands down the best I have seen. Not only do these guys build a nice unit, but go out of there way to help you out. So if you need a wiring harness , give them a call. Support an Alliance member!

Thanks.

Karpo

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

I have referred several of my friends to Glenn....great product, great guy....

3. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i'll be buying one for my shoebox in the near future,,,,just a basic one,,no fancy accessories or anything,,,,i am pretty lost when it comes to electrical stuff, but im determined to do this myself,,,,did you find it easy to install?

4. BadLuck

BadLuck

5. 32rustedinpiece

32rustedinpiece

I would have to agree. I have bought 5 or 6 complete kits from them, and they work great. Never had a problem, and i will keep installing them. I recommend them to all my buddies.

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

nothing but praise!

check this out,,i had a small issue i couldnt figure out because of an issue with my car,well get this,i called the number and the guy who actually makes the harnesses answered the phone and walked me through it!

7. Nothing but good words for Rebel Wire. Glenn has an excellent price and easy to do business with. Quality construction. I had a few questions when I installed my harness, Bob (I believe is his name) was sure to have the right answers for me. A stand-up company and will always do business with them.

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

They're Ok, but they really need to provide better (clearer) wiring diagrams. That hand drawn stuff isn't very professional, or easy to read!

9. I bought one too, yup on the weak hand drawings, but at least it had 'em !
    Very nice kit, great price, no complaints from me on anything with it or them, good folk to deal with.

10. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Thanks guys...Bob and I really appreciate the kind words. We are very proud of our kits and it makes us feel great when others like them too, especially here on the HAMB.
    I have to agree with Chop and Turbo. We do need to improve on the appearance of our drawings, but the information is all there. You have to remember that we are a small company and don't always have the money to invest in things like draftsmen. As time and money permits we plan to have the instructions professionally done. Please bear with us on this one.....
    Thanks again for all the feedback, good or bad we need to know.

Glenn and Bob

11. Gerg

Gerg

Everything I have heard on the kits has been good stuff I am planning on putting one in my 53 when i get that far. Besides Glenn and Bob kick ass

12. Well I have one in the 53 and they are nice .. i'll be buying 3 more in the next 2 months

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  13. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Funny thing me and my buddy were just talking about Rebel Wire today cuz i am going to have to do my car soon. Glad to hear so much good feedback. i will be giving them my money soon!!!!!

14. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Glenn, sorry this took so long!!!!!

I HIGHLY recommend one of these kits. It was great to talk to the guy who actually makes the kits during the ordering process. My little truck needs very few wires..... or so I thought. If not for Glenn's suggestions I would've never realized I needed to upgrade until it was too late. While installing the kit I only ran into one small area I didn't quite understand but Bob was just a phone call away and talked me right through it.

Thanks guys!!!

For the best bang for the buck, buy Rebel Wire!!!!

15. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I have a rebel gauge harness, and it was great. Next time I have to rewire a car, I'll be purchasing a rebel.

16. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Haywood...Always glad to help....

17. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Ya gotta love the HAMB...A fellow member has just offered to redo our instructions for us....
    For those of you who have used our kits, do you have any suggestions before he gets started? Will take all feedback into consideration.
    Glenn

18. Uptown83

Uptown83

I just bought one off their website... Havent installed it yet but looks good :)

19. I'll send you one I have from anouther kit you can take a look at , and get some ideas.

20. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Ok guys we listened to you and thanks to fellow HAMBer "fiftyfiveford" we have completely redesigned our instructions. They are finished and included in all of our kits.
    Thanks again "fiftyfiveford" (Simon) for all your hard work on our new instruction books...Great job man....

Glenn

21. Uptown83

Uptown83

I bought your kit and haven't installed it... Can I get a copy of the new instructions?

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The RW9-3 is on my list of things to get this year! Looking forward to getting wired up with the kit.

23. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Sure, just pm me your address and I'll see that you get a copy.
    Glenn

24. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Thanks for the kind words Glenn, You and Bob have a great product, and really impressed with the quality and service!

25. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Just adding my experience.
    I bought the basic kit and used it on my F1. I had zero issues. This is what it is a great product.
    I will use your harness again.

26. Good to know...I will be giving them a call when I'm ready to wire the '54..

27. JAWS

JAWS

Glenn, I wire hotrods and customs for a living, I've heard good things about your products, mainly from friends here. I'd like some more info on your products, other than your website, do you have any literature w/specs and all?

I put this here instead of a pm, figured I might not be the only one who wants to know, since I am not the only one in the profession.

28. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Several years ago, I built up a wiring harness from scratch, using the old harness as a guide and adding circuts as necessary. For anyone that thinks wiring harnesses are overpriced, I suggest trying to make your own, just once and it'll probably be JUST ONCE!

It was a lot of work and I learned a lot from the project, but the most important thing I learned was to never do it again ! The harness for my '46 project will be ordered from Rebel Wire.

29. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Thanks for the good reports guys...really appreciate it.

Jaws, just sent you a pm, give me a call.

30. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

For anyone that's curious, we have a very liberal dealer program. Just give me a call at 618-395-8216 in the evenings, or pm me and I can explain more.
    Glenn