Register now to get rid of these ads!

Terraplanes, Hudsons, and Essexes!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Jul 14, 2008.

1. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

There was one at the car flea market this past weekend in Macungie PA., $7,900, didn't look bad. I paid $500 for my 4 dr. in 85, sold the running gear for $300.

2. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Here is my old Hudson. It was customized by the original owner in the early 50's. Sectioned about 4 inches all done at home by the owner, his wife did the upholstery. It was still mostly all original, Twin H power & all, DAMN, I miss that car!:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. boozoo

boozoo

This is my beautiful Hudson.

Well, it's beautiful when I look at it through the "some day" tinted sunglasses.

[​IMG]

I have another thread tossed up about it, but basically I got a good '37 T-plane nose and a reasonable '46 cab, bed, and chassis, so I'm about to make some Terraplane Gumbo.

4. i just spoke with the current owner last month at Billetproof WA. Real nice guy, Mike is....The car looks the same, and sure is a beauty!

5. This one belongs to my buddy Alex in Orange CA. He and a friend chopped it in his driveway. I did some of the chassis work, wired it and swapped in the 425 Nailhead along with doing the Injection conversion that looks like 97's - it's a 39 Hudson
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  6. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

That's one swell looking Hudson! After looking at what you did with that 4-door, I could kick my ass a thousand times. I traded a 1948 Chevy radio and antenna for a 1949 hudson 2dr & 4dr package deal. I kept the 2dr and gave the 4dr away. STUPID ME!!!!!

7. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I don't own a Hudson altho we had a '47 pickup when I was a kid. My uncle had Fair Motor Sales Hudson Dealership in Peru, Indiana and I remember being there when I was a kid. I have 2 things from that dealership....one is an Underwood Typewriter that my Aunt Marie used for all of the office stuff and then there is this promotional lead pencil. It has a Hudson inside and floats up and down when pencil is tilted. "The Fair Place to Deal". My keepsake.
    http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/fergusonic/?action=view&current=hudson012.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  8. boozoo

boozoo

Got any photo albums to scan n share? :D

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

[​IMG]

10. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Some mighty nice Hudson's here
    my uncle had a few they rode great

Last night at the Minnetonka Drive In, a Yellow 49 Hudson Convertible came through it looked like new, have to bring the camera next week in case he shows

11. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

unfortunately no old photos.....just memories.

12. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

Holy Cow! ....I just stumbled onto sumething! go to Hetclub.com click on JET next page click on Hudson Jet History....then scroll down half way and there is a picture of my Uncle David presenting the Peru Chief of Police a Hudson!!!

13. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

WOW, That's great! I am glad he left it original. He was talking about changing this & that ,just as I did when I bought it. But once I realized it was a true KUSTOM survivor , I couldnt do anything but enjoy it as is! Thanks!

14. andysbodys

andysbodys
    from Utah

Nice, photochop, diggin the look, It got me to thinking, I wonder if I could nicely chop an aluminum top?

15. motorpsycho

motorpsycho
    from Finland

Uhh guys,awsome cars :cool:

I have 1930 roadster RS 2+2 with rumble seat,its my summer daily driver.
    I posted few pics long long time ago,but here it is again.
    401 nailhead/TH-700/Mopar 8 1/4" with locker and 4.10 gears.Runs quarter 13.6@ 105mph on slippy airport track.

Frame is chopped 4" and body is channeled 5" and chopped about 5".

Plan is change Ford grille to handmade kustom model and change Edelbrock to Hilborn.I have old mechanical from ´60s,but i try modified it for efi.It almost work already,have to build linkages and few smaller thing.

Attached Files:

16. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Wow...that thing is gorgeous!! Love to park that in my garage.

17. sadayo

sadayo

Just got back from a vacation in Michigan. One of my stops was the Ypsilanti Heritage Museum. If you're a Hudson fan who hasn't been there yet, it's a must see! Several nice Hudsons and even better memorabilia.

Attached Files:

18. Not mine, but here's one that's been on craigslist:

Attached Files:

19. classictint

classictint
    from Orange,Ca

That 39' is badass.. i am also in Orange and saw it at the car show that was held at the circle.

20. FrameDragger

FrameDragger

Probly time to drag the carcass back out. Should've sprayed the rest of her with the reflection of infection. Remaining pigment's gotta be a rock by now.

Attached Files:

• T1.jpg
      T1.jpg
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
  21. i must say that hudson pickup trucks are the most beautiful pickup trucks out there, id give anything to have one, Ive been looking for one for a long time, hell i dont care what shape its in, i like the all the ones in the 40's early to late models

22. hansa

hansa

Hello!

Here is my 34 Terraplane...

I bought it in february and have'nt done much on it myself yet.
    It has a 350 from the 70's, a 4speed munchie box (with 3 gearingsticks) :D
    and a 12bolt LSD rearend.

The frame is sandblasted and primed, and the rest is pretty shabby.. Just the way I like it. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other car is my 53 Olds Rocket 88...
    [​IMG]

23. boozoo

boozoo

Watch Ebay and keep an eye on this site (it's part of my daily reading routine):
    http://www.classiccar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

They do show up, you just have to be patient. If you're anywhere near Bill Albricht's shop, I bet you he could land you a good one... and the '46/'47's I've seen pass through there really aren't all that expensive. Pre-war models can be quite a bit harder to come by, though.

24. now that's cool... and different!!!

25. Here is my wife's car 53 Hornet sedan, 308 .100 over with factory twin H and a 7x cam, mostly stock except for being lowered, only has 73k miles on it, I have a set of clifford split headers to put on it and it's done. My father has a 1939 hudson coupe with only 42k miles and a 1919 Essex touring car. I guess we are a H.E.T. family!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Gigantor

Gigantor

Your wife's got good taste. I'm a sucker for a 308.

27. damn how is that 100 overbore holding up? get hot or what?
    i cant believe i missed this, but then the pace this place moves at.
    im sure many of you have seen this thing slathered all over the internet but here it is again- 51 pacemaker, going back to hudson power with a hot 308 and OD, currently mish mashing hudson parts to make for a stronger transmission but keep the stock bellhousing and linkages etc. the complete pics are of how it came to me and the rest document the "decline" or me finding all the shit that was really wrong with it. and lets not forget the goodies haha!

Attached Files:

28. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i wish somebody local had a 308 i could test fit into my essex

29. Gusaroo

Gusaroo

There was a spread about 46 Ford PU with a terraplane grille, looked spot on IMO. The truck my not be 100% HAMB friendly and I dont care for the fake business door lettering, but I just loved this truck... I wonder if this guy is on the HAMB?
    [​IMG]

30. This needs a bump back up, since it's been a while since a new post here has been up! Lovin' them Hudsons!