Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Dusty Barn Find; '55 210 2dr.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gas4blood, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

This is too much, I recently picked up 2 different Model A barn finds, and now another find...this 1955 Chevy 210 2 door post car. No engine or trans, but looks like it had some strip time once, it has traction bars and tow hook setup welded to the frame up front, and a hole in the floor for a shifter. It has two minorly rusted body mounts, the rear of the trunk floor needs about 6" replaced, and there are two very small spots on the floor to repair. Here's the good part----the exterior body is all original sheetmetal, no patches, and absolutely zero rust!! In Kansas that is not common. It has a decent interior, an old diamond pattern in black vinyl. The front seat needs redone due to stitches tearing out the vinyl. All the rest is nice. Metalflake red steering wheel, old time Cragers, one red repaint on an original red car, and I think the top is original white paint. The radio has an 8 track player, that dates the radio. The front clip was pulled off when the engine was pulled, and stored nose up. Apparently it might have been outside for a little while, the edge that was down has some surface rust and the top of the hood paint is pretty sorry. It was born a V8 car, I think w/ pg trans, but it shows that it has also had a standard trans and floor shift in it. It was last tagged in '91 and is supposed to have been from Joplin, Mo. Anyone in that area recognize it?

Now to figure out what to do with it. Small block, big block, 348/409, fast ground pounder or peppy gas sipper. I can also get a '55 265 2bbl/pg trans pulled from a running car years ago. That doesn't flip my switch too much, though. Decisions, decisions...the plan is to leave the outside just as it is, and to redo the front seat just like it was. I can't believe I found one of these in good shape, I have always thought that '55 2 door sedans were tough looking.

Attached Files:

2. It's just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

3. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

Your a fucky lucker!!!!!!!!

4. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

what he said

5. Flatman

Flatman

Who says all the gold's in California? Kansas has been doing pretty good the past couple of months... Is Poverty Flats on vacation???:confused::D

Flatman

6. damn sweet find man , i will third it you fucky lucker!

7. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Guys, I do feel lucky. Oh, by the way, did I mention the rust free '27 T touring for $2.2K I might get? With the rare T wires and hard as a rock original shrunken up leather? That one may slip away from me, though. :(

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  8. Muttley

Muttley

Wow, great score. I love Diamond Tuck. :cool: :cool:

9. You lucky dog!! Nice old car with the best color combo: red/white

10. whid

whid

you suck dude.i am so friggin jealous.beautiful car.i was a fraction of owning one of those for my first car.it looked just like it.my dad was loaning me the money to buy it and would only come off of 2 grand the seller was standin firm on $2200.00 this was in 1977. a lousy $200 crushed my dream....conrats on the score man................dave

11. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

So is every car bought and sold these days a "barn find"? Theres not even any dust, nor a barn in this transaction.

Barn find is the old SBC which was the new flat black? I can't keep up...

12. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Always a catch, maybe its the family of copper heads inside the door panel................

13. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You need to rub shoulders with a few others for luck. Congrats

14. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Some folks believe in washing and cleaning a car that is nasty from 17 years of storage. That stuff doesn't get inside until it isn't going to infest the place with rodents, roaches, spiders, snakes, etc. The pictures make the car look like it has much better paint than it really has. The years have dulled it a lot, and the white paint has hundreds of small freckles that have popped off of it. It is nice, but it isn't a pristine car that some guy just recently pulled the engine out of and sold the car.

15. T-Roy

T-Roy

Yep, another cool find. Whether it actually be found in a "barn" or not. ;)

16. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Not to many barns like that here in Jersey. Nice score man.

17. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Next to the barn in a Old Straight Truck Body in Illinois, former owner found it in a Morton Pole Building Rafter in Pontiac Illinois, a long time ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Why, as a matter of fact I have been on vacation. I was away to bring home an enclosed trailer load of Model A parts I just bought. 40 year collection. While I seem to do "OK", my pal Bob Gas4Blood is my hero. He's got it....way to go Bob! Sure like that red 55 Chevy.

19. Flatman

Flatman

What, no pics?:D:D
    Seriously, I love these threads. Great to know they're still out there, it gives the rest of us hope.

Flatman

20. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I wish there were more barns around here that looks great.

21. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Morton Builds Nice Barns, if you build one, I think old cars will nest there some day............................

22. Thumper

Thumper

Damn.........you must have a horeshoe up yer ass........:rolleyes:

23. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

that thing is just asking for a 409 backed by a four speed!!!!!!

24. Damn looks like a time capsule. Very nice>>>>.

25. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Ok you're killin me here. If ya wouldn't mind teasing just a little more, what did ya pay for it. Just wonderin cause mine use to be the same color but was in about 10,000 pieces when i got it.

26. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

congrats that is a great looking car. I like the interior