Register now to get rid of these ads!

last refuge hot rods,delores,co

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 618johnf, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's a real helpful post...I pray you don't own a business. Cut him some slack? Please. The guy's waited 16 weeks (plus or minus) for his parts...came here to vent/warn others.

Last time I checked, the 'golden rule' of business was "the customer is always right." Seems to me he waited a 'reasonable' amount of time (14 weeks after the guy promised delivery) to raise a stink.

2. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

sounds like some bullshit to me. I feel for ya man. I gave a guy a engine and $4000 one time and never saw him again. I was yung and dumb. Maybe some day he will feel bad and give me a call to get my address and send my engine. haha.

3. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I might get pissed off, but I sure as Hell wouldn't go about advertising my ignorance the way he has. Just like if I were to have a hood fly off at highway speeds, I wouldn't post it. The only time I paid big bucks for something I gave them the cost of materials first, the rest on delivery. Guess what, it was done early. If you find a guy who won't work under those conditions, keep looking. Some people call it a 'deposit'. It's a fairly common term.

And he's only repeating what almost if not all others who have dealt with Norbert have already said, so it's not really 'news', now is it?

Where's the old HAMB when you really need it?

Vance

4. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

5. 30on32

30on32

a shameless bump to the top

6. kustombypook

kustombypook

Why not build your own frame? I have seen it done hundreds of times here on the HAMB. There is surely enough parts in the classifieds to do it yourself.

7. 29paul

29paul

Thanks for opening a old wound.Got the cab and bed from him took longer than what he said but for 5000 cant beat it.See what 5k gets you at Brookville.

8. so what you guys that seem to want to give the guy a break is "your time is worth nothing?" if somebody had $5000 of your dollars for 4+ months with nothing to show for it you would be coming apart at the seams! FUCK THAT! thats like lending a in-law money and your truck to move out of your basement!

9. Biggest lesson you will ever learn when providing a custom/manufactured product...don't overpromise and underdeliver

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Let's join the HAMB just to MF a company.

11. OSHR

OSHR

We have a couple Last Refuge Bodies and beds in stock ready to ship. We also have a completed 29 RPU that we built using a LRHR body that we are selling.
    $75,000.00 for the completed RPU
    $6000.00 for the cab & bed

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  12. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Lesson learned here. Do not pay for goods in full before they are delivered.

13. mad-cad

mad-cad

Pissed me off so much that the body bed and frame I bought still sit in the corner of the shop .Anybody want a cab bed and frame set???
    Not sure about the resale on these bodies either,I've tried to sell the one I bought ,bit like trying to sell snow to the eskimos.:cool:

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

DITTO! Shitty intro, now that you're here what do you do for a living? Push papers or work with your hands? Don't know you OR the supplier, but I tend to back hands on guys building products.

15. Dirk35

Dirk35

Id be absolutely fuming! I hope he comes through for you.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I wish I HAD $5100.00 to send to someone unknown, who does business electronically and promises the world...you can bet I wouldn't do business with any place I couldn't walk into, check the inventory and make a down payment only on a six week lead time...was it PTBarnum that said: "There's a sucker born every minute."

R-

17. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

When you get sick of sending someone money and then having them blown smoke up your ass contact Vaphead(Eric) on the HAMB and get someone who knows something on the other end of the phone who will send you a quality product on time.

Live and learn.

18. gerrald meacham

gerrald meacham

bought a bed from him delivery was slow but the bed was worth the wait, was one piece short got it in two days , going to buy from them again , hope this helps , times are hard on small business these days , every one uses there brothers some times, hope he hasent used u up

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well, that about raps up that............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.