Register now to get rid of these ads!

New bloke from Aus.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Robza, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Robza

Robza

Hi,

Been a member for a while but haven't got around to introducing myself until now.

The Name's Rob and I'm building a 30/31 Model A Model A Roadster down here in Australia.

Reproduction chassis, glass body with a 32 Grille.

Motorvation via a Ford 302 Windsor. Sent backwards via a C4 and into an 8 1/4 inch diff.

Shes only just starting to get off the ground as time and money makes it self more available. Some pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, thats me. look forward to reading up some more on the great info on here.

Laters :)

2. Brendan1959

Brendan1959

Hi Rob
    I am also in Melbourne, and like the idea of a glass A roadster, are you going for full road reg? have you got an engineer on board?
    Regards
    Brendan

3. Hey Rob, good to see you on here.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

4. Robza

Robza

Hi Brendan,

Going with SR Reg.

He has the engineers he prefers so I'll be using one of his.

Cheers

Rob

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010

5. Robza

Robza

Thanks Jimmy, I'm getting tired of whinging and bitching so I figure I'll come somewhere where guys (and Gals I assume) just talk about cars. ;)

How's the Nuthin' Special coming along?

Cheers

Rob

6. Yeah this site rules, very little drama.
    It is slow but it is progressing here are some pics
    Also trying to get a '64 F100 before the crusher does, I got the Y block a couple weeks back.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

7. Welcome. Yes this site is about the cars. Real hot rods and customs actually.

Two Q's: 1. the source of the glass 30 body and 2. I'd be interested in why you went with a glass one when Brookville steel ones are very good value and exactly per original?

8. Robza

Robza

Hi X38,

A1. Source is Gerald Clancy in Victoria, he makes a floppy 30/31 Roadster body in panels and it's relatively well priced.

A2. I want to have a go at steeling it out, under supervision of course, and with the way its priced I still think I can come out on top of a steel Brookeville body, and plus I get to learn a thing or two ;)

Cheers

Rob

9. oldsman71

oldsman71

welcome from kansas!

10. D Staig

D Staig

I second your recommendation of Peter Gough at Toprodz, great bloke, helped me and my brother out a lot.

11. striper

striper

Just curious what those floppys are worth and what do you get?

pete

12. Robza

Robza

From memory the rear section alone, not steeled out for an 30 Improved A Model was $850 and I had heard that he was working on a cowl or already has the cowl done as well.

But that info is a little old so if you would like to contact Gerald directly you can do so on the following number, which I believe is current: PH (03)53355585

He also does 32 Frame Covers for the Model A Chassis and a 32 Dash for the Model A as well.

13. striper

striper

14. Adam F

Adam F

Hey Rob,

Welcome aboard!

Regards
    Adam F

15. Robza

Robza

Thanks for the welcome all :)

16. Thanks for the reply. I have bought plastic 36 style cycle fenders from Gerald in the past.