Register now to get rid of these ads!

do your neighbors hate you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERRELL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

i have actually no problems with my neighbors. I live on a corner lot and only have 3 nieghtbors that i count. Most of my street is into dune buggies anyway. The one next to me is quiet, the one across from me has 2 dune buggies that he works on so he doesnt mind at all when i work. The nieghbor diagnaly across the street i never met. So i have no problems but aparentaly the nieghbor next to me and diagonaly across the street dont like my son. I talked with him and everytime the nightbor diagonaly across from us is out and my son is in the garage with his rock music playing and she sees him she gives him a dirty look. The one next to us they wont talk to my son much. They will say like hi how are you. The one across from us is cool with it. He will talk with my son for an hour or longer. He doesnt care bout the 58 truck in the drive way or the 36 chevy in the backyard and wont mind the 53 ford soon to join the 36. My son told me though he thinks it because of the music because he likes rock metal heavy metal ect so when he runs his music he likes it loud but not so that u can hear it inside the nieghbors house. he told me also if they have a problem with it they should tell him not give him some idiotic look.

2. vexner

vexner

Bad Neighbors and Carneys scared me so much I had to buy 40 acres and live right in the middle of it, it isn't home unless you can stand stark naked pissing and shooting your 44 over your head,and not worry about what anybody will say. My 2 cent

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do my neighbors hate me... hmmm...

I live in a VERY dense neighborhood (as in houses close together, but yes the people are a little dense also :rolleyes:). Everyone has their windows open pretty much around the clock. :D Since the Model A is not home yet (Hemi with lake headers), they don't even know I'm there...

...that's all gonna' change very soon. :D:D:D All the a-holes around me that stay up late to party when I have to get up early for work are going to hate me and I'm completely okay with that.

4. RacerRick

RacerRick

Just clean up your stuff, and bat your eyes at him. Make it hard for him to call.

Then when he is asleep, take some good fertilizer and fertilize the letters "ASSHAT" into his lawn. Then wait. After a few weeks the fertilizer wll kick in and he will have big extra green letters that can only be seen from his house.

My neighbors all love me. I keep all my cars at the shop, except my daily driver.

5. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

I get along ok with my neighbours, they just don't get along too well with me Mrs. Then again neither do I.

6. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

I was shooting the shit with the cool neighbor Sunday morning before going out to the shop to make some noise and he told me his wife heard from on of the other people on the block that the asshole next door and his wife don't like the big shop I put up behind my house and that I haven't landscaped the back yard yet. Well A: that big shop was good enough to store his friggin lawn mower, leaf blower and a few other things this past winter and B: I have a guy lined up to do the landscaping a fellow car guy who is doing the whole back yard over for a really great price, FREE so you have to do it when he has time which we have no problem with. Well if they don't like me now they will really hate me because I'm going to look at a 57 Chevy rag-top with the cool neighbor and then they will really shit a brick when they see the 1967 Deuce & half I bought form the guy on the other side of town. I think I'll leave it parked right in the driveway for about a year or until I find a matching Sherman

7. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

ahahahahaaha best quote yet:D

8. sadayo

sadayo

Here's a clip from the August 18th Tacoma News Tribune:

Attached Files:

9. D Staig

D Staig

As my brother was removing a door form the 1000 litre tank of molasses (smelly, putrid rust remover fermenting @ 30 degrees celsius)) my neighbour pokes her head over the fence and asks if we've "noticed a really bad smell recently...like something has died."
    Ah...nope.
    Its ok for them to start sanding their weatherboard house at 7am on a sunday but then complain when i'm grinding at 8 on a weeknight??

10. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

well I found out they dont like me. I got a notice to cleanup my backyard, and the only one who had mentioned something was my next door neighbor. She has told my wife that she called on others on the street, so I,m pretty sure its her. shes been gettin somewhat paranoid last few years, ever since she sent her only daughter to college and hardly sees her anymore. the guy was always friendly and level headed, he had a 65 Cad convert and has a Sunbeam Tiger but he,s drinkin a bunch now and looks pretty bad. I,m putting in a nice big [legal] shed between us, with a nice big shiny galvanized roof., then she can listen to the pitter, patter of rain on that roof.

11. sailingengineer

sailingengineer
    from CT

I had a woman live next door didn't really like the fact that I was 21 with a BBC nova and 3" exhuast. Tried to tell the cops that I was doing big burn outs on the street behind us at 2am and could show them the marks to prove it. The one catch was that I work in the merchant marine and I was out in the ocean. When I got home my parents told me about it so I went over to her house and showed her the position on a chart I was at on that day. She moved away shortly after.

12. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

It's funny when you know you annoy someone, you think, what can I do next to piss them off. My bike has straights with no baffles; warming it up before I go to work in the morning is like my second cup of coffee.

13. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

My neighbor on one side is a total jerk, wont even make eye contact with me, and we have both been here about 14 years. He started parking a junk van on my the edge of my property, I guess to tick me off. So I parked my 27' boat and trailer next to it. His kids are cool, and even his wife. go figure. Our HOA has no power to speak of, but I keep everything else in the garages, except the boat, and don't make any noise because my shop is concrete filled cinder block.

The other neighbors wife (I call her Mrs Kravitz because she is so nosy) likes old cars and was always nagging her hubby about me having them, so now he's building a car similar to one of mine and comes over every day with questions, the one next to him is building a 62 impala with an ls1 and billet wheels, not to my taste at all, but at least he too is a car guy. He told me Mrs Kravitz is griping about the boat, so he told her "when you pay his house note you can tell him where to keep his boat" The next neighbor looks like larry the cable guy, and really does work for the cable company. I love this place.

14. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Not yet, Give them tme. I just moved in. Haven't moved my cars in yet.

15. I have a pull out in front of my house, just happens to be under the overhang of a tree. I like to work on the cars out their, cool, no worries about oil in the driveway or garage. I had one neighbor complain to our homeowners assoc. that I was taking cars to work on and earn money on the week-ends. I've had all of my cars for over two years, they've seen them in my driveway and garage. I think they like to park under the tree on sunny days when they need to move their car out of the driveway.

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Hey I know I'm on the list of trouble neighbors. But they don't mind when I'm there to watch over the hood. Very love/hate. I try and keep the noise to a limit but sometime you have to pull out the grinder. Respect the early mornings and dinner hour and the rest of the time they can kiss my a$$.

I do have a direct neighbor to me that is a fast and furious tuner and he's always working on that thing. It hasn't moved in months. I let him use my tools occasionally and sometimes he hangs on to them for too long and I have to go over and get them'. Nice kid though... but the problem is, he really makes noise and since I have helped him I get grouped with him when he's grinding away or leaving an engine or oil spot in the ally. frink''' doesn't pay to be nice.

17. Just Jones

Just Jones

I got lucky - three or four hot rodders on my block, and a guy that has a garage band (pretty good music, too). I guess it isn't a great neighborhood if you want peace and quiet all the time, but it actually isn't as noisy as you'd think - mostly everyone just realized everyone else is going to make noise from time to time.

Now, the last neighborhood I lived in - if I was out in the garage using a grinder or cutting with a Sawzall, I would get all kinds of nasty stares from all the stupid yuppies as they were out for a powerwalk around the block. Glad I moved.

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

sadly the people who have moved into this neighbor hood like to do that and it's in the city. plus wander down the street at 2:00 am whooping and hollering because they are shit faced drunk. I'm pretty sure they have installed a speakeasy in one of my neighbors houses, wouldn't be the first time. so drunken idiots all night and day.

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I live in a duplex. My previous neighbors were a bunch of idiots. The Tri County Task Force Narcotics team raided their side of the house this past valentines day. Needless to say they moved out shortly afterward. The new tenant is a young divorced single mom with a nice rack:D

20. Abomination

Abomination

My "inner pig" cries out, "Dude, bonus!"

Then high-fives you.

~Jason

21. Abomination

Abomination

LOL! Targets!

;)

~Jason

22. I think my neighbors are scared of me :eek:. Covered in tattoo's and all of my biker buddys come over and hang out while I work on my 50.

I am really a nice guy, at least that is what the voices in my head tell me :D

Ronnie

23. littleratracing

littleratracing

most of my neighbours are cool, one has a couple of track porsches and he thinks my T is cool and another one works for snap on how I would love the contents of his garage. but the people who share my drive hate me even though I help them with their cars and unblock drains and stuff they still treat me bad because I have an old car and therefore must be scum of the earth(clearly can't afford a tin executive box). I've had a few race cars in and out of my garage the last few years and when my next door neighbour moved he told me that they had lost sales on their house because of what I had in the garage and yet I'm quiet respectful and help when needed hell I'm a bloody librarian couldn't get more quiet and helpful. I like to think I lead by example and they can't keep up or arent trying so f**k em just want to see their faces when I switch from the four bager to a v8 over the winter Heee Hee:D:cool:

24. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

Both my next door neighbors are nice. One is an older couple.He was in the army 20 years and his wife is a nurse. The others are nice too. There is an old woman who lives two houses down that has gooten annoying. She is in her 80's and has gotten alzheimers I believe. She has accused me and my dad of stealing canned tomatoes and crap. I have never stolen anything in my life.

25. Rooster

Rooster

Well, I built a barn, laid a couple hundred ton a stone out back, fenced it, planted trees n shrubs, introduced myself to the musclecar restorer at one end, the streetrodder at the other and all in between, never seen em again, been four years. It's like I'm the damn yankee moved to their holler. I hear the same from other transplants who don't go way outa their way to ingratiate themselves. So, I'm happy they don't complain.

26. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

I have hardly any neighbors to hate me. They keep losing their houses to forclosures.

27. El Carne's 53'

El Carne's 53'
    from Oceanside

Man, when i started to chop my 53', my buddy's and I filled my Kegorater and went to work one night....i worked on that thing on a break from school, so i was working like 20 hours a day sometimes...the F&*#en HOA was on me like hair on a cat turd....I got like 10 letters within weeks tellin me there gonna fine me and all this...i posted em all up in my garage and laughed my ass off and just kept on weld'n...my neighbor was the one complaining and he was too chicken s@#$ to come and have words with me so he just kept writing the HOA.....long story short....my car looks bad ass and i moved to a hood with no HOA.

28. things have been pretty quite around my place for about 8 months now. i think they might have finally given up fo now. going to be interesting when the new 40'x60' shop goes up soon.

29. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

THAT IS ENVY! The guys staring are the ones that wish they still had their nuts to work on cars....the broads staring are wishing they hadn't cut their husbands so they would still have that wild guy.

I'd get the same looks. Yet I can tell you I always got the "I wish I could go for a ride with you but my husband would kill me" or " Man you have all the toys and the tools" "My life SUCKS!" ...pity for their souls.

30. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

HOAs can be horrible. I moved out of a modern, upscale house in a conservative, cookie-cutter-house community and don't miss a thing.

Where we are now, we're in a big house on a huge lot, surrounded by hobby farms with dozens of horses as well as goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, and lots of dogs. Conversations with neighbors are always friendly and usually focus on animals. People seem a lot happier around here. It's mellow.

As for the noise I generate, I always keep the garage door closed, and have another dedicated area for my polishing work and the compressor. I've stood outside when the compressor is running and you can't even hear it. Hardly anybody nearby knows what goes on.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/