Register now to get rid of these ads!

I guess I am bragging on my wife of 34 years ... O/T maybe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Aug 17, 2008.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations, just passed the 30 year mark ourselves in June.

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Congratulations on a outstanding life.

3. Congratulations and wishing you many more! Any woman that's willing to put many miles in a Deuce roadster is a certified saint. I thank God every day that I got lucky and found the right girl the first time. I doubt if I would have ever found anyone else that would put up with me (or 48,000 miles in a roadster)!

Funny thing happened on our 35th anniversary this year on Sunday, July 6th. We were leaving the Des Moines GoodGuys event on our maiden voyage in the just finished '32 Pickup and there was bad weather all over. We were nervous about trying to get home without running into hail or a tornado so we took a different route home but we made it through a big downpour and home OK. We both never remembered it was our anniversary until a couple of days later. My wife Jan, said that the one day didn't really matter, it's the other 364 days that count. How right she is. It's funny that as the years go by they just keep getting better because you really appreciate what you have together.

The best of times - by the Bixby bridge on the California coast at Big Sur in June of 2007
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I find it ironic ... in of the parallels in our lives ... in this order :)

1) both have been married 30 plus years to our wives.
    2) My wife and I were on the Bixby bridge in June 2007 ( Tuesday after the LA Roadster show ) with our roadster.
    3) We both have black 32 roadsters with red wheels.

Small world ...
    WE are lucky men. :D

5. Randy, that's is pretty neat. What's funny about that is that I'll bet that picture was taken on Tuesday aftenoon after the 2007 LA Roadster Show too. We must have been just hours apart on the road. We will have to do that road together someday. It's my favorite road for sure.

You know what they say: "Great minds think alike!" :D:D

My Deuce roadster is actually a very dark blue, but I'm building a black one. Here it is.
    [​IMG]

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

COOL ... the dark blue must be real dark, in the photo, it looks BLACK to my old eyes. :) Looks like you have the 32 diease also :D

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Congratulations to the both of you!!

8. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deuce and Ouidasue - congrats (from Bonneville) from both of us (vic and Luke).

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

10. Randy, Congrats. My wife and I have been married 45 years and she is a car person the only difference is she wanted her own roadster and now has over 60 thousand miles on it . When momma happy everbody is happy

Bruce

11. Randy, I'm pretty sure this is your car parked in the street at the SoCal 2007 Open House!! I saw it last night in my pictures so I'm sure we almost ran into each other several times that weekend.

[​IMG]

You're right, Ive got a BAD incurable terminal case of the Deuce Disease! (like a lot of other guys here) Jerry

12. RFH1931

RFH1931

Happy Anniversary Big " R " to the both of you.I wish you many many more years of happiness together.
    Little " R ":D

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Mine wants her own 3W ... :) and it should be on the road by spring 09 ... then we will BOTH be happier ...

Yes ... that is my Roadster. I am sure we most likely crossed paths a lot that weekend. :D

Small world ... she and I want to do the Pacfic Coast Highway trip again in the 32 3W ...

14. uglymailman

uglymailman
    from missouri

Congrats! Started datin my wife when she was15-married at 21 & next month will be 30 yrs. stuck w/me. I use booze & VooDoo to keep mine fooled. What do you use? WTG!!! Uglymailman

15. mudbone

mudbone

i`ve got the time (37 years ) , the right woman , all i need is a sweet looking roadster like you guys ,

16. Koz

Koz

Congrats to both of you. My sweety of over 20 years has put up with more of my old hot rod insanity than anybody should endure. Last night we were riding home from the local ice cream hangout when she told me she feels safe with me. At the time we're do'in 70 in a home made roadster. What was she thinking!

17. Cool, I like being married more everyday. Congratulations.

18. And Congrats from Sue and I!! We started dating in early 71, finally tied the knot on Christmas Eve 75, we are celebrating our 33rd this Christmas. Am very fortunate to have her, she is in to Hot Rods too, We got married in a 40 Ford coupe that we have not driven since 76 however its only a few days away from being on the road again as a "Beater", not a "Rat Rod" LOL Will go crusin around and out to dinner in it this Christmas Eve, just to reminince!! Heres to you two having many more!! Dave and Suzie!!

19. Congrats! I also started dating my wife when she was 15....that was 28 years ago and we are still together! True love is an amazing thing that will conquer all adversity that life can throw at you.

20. You are a lucky man in many ways, congratulations!

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Congratulations man, I know how you feel, me and my wife Jane just celebrated our 21st anniversary on Friday. She's given me 2 beautiful boys, stuck with me after the accident that left me paralysed, supported me in importing and converting my '54 Panel, 'The Kripple Kart' to chaffuer my Krippled ass around in style and now she handles that beast like a kiddy car. Without her I'd be lost. Be happy.

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

congratulations and enjoy many more years together

23. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I know I'm alittle late with this but congrats!! I was lucky enough to meet Linda in 1969 and we have been very happily married for 38 1/2 years. I feel the same about her as you do about your wife--she has put up with all my car related interests (and more) and we have traveled all over the country in our Hot Rods--along with our kids when they were young.:D

24. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

So nice to have a Best Friend for a Spouse!

25. Goosebumps!! Congrats! Thanks for posting to show the guys that a good woman who likes rods can make all the difference!

Here's to many more happy years!!