Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot rod drags ( edgewater sports park cincinnati )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by richcraft.spl, Aug 14, 2008.

1. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

The hot rod drags are at edgewater this sunday. Gates open at 8:00 and racing starts at 1:00 . There will be a shit load of hot rods and unrestored race cars . If you have never been to edgewater it is somewhat of the same knid of atmosphere as beachbend. See you there !!!

2. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I have never been to this event, is there a swap meet?

3. brandon

brandon

swap meet too..... its a good time...bringin' the tire fryin' model a...:D brandon

4. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Mike are we gathering to drive down together?

5. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Whitney and Brandon, you fellers keep the fort held down for me.....i won't be able to make my own event this year, seems as though there's some land speed racing going down out west :):D give em' hell though....MR

6. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

There are a bunch of people going to roll out of my house about 7:00 . There is a good size swap meet . I think it is only $10 to setup . Matt i hope your guys trip goes great . Its fucking killer that your dad is getting to go out there will you . Have fun . My 34 will be there sunday

7. FatRat

FatRat

Hey guys,

Here is a flyer for the Hot Rod Drags.

Hope to see you there.

Murph

Attached Files:

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the last time I was there was when a guy bit the dust in his Model A sedan. He went on it's side. I still have the image. It was alwyas a great time at Edgewatwer with the Cincy guys

9. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

I will be on the salt by the time mikes hits the grounds... but its a hell of time. I have been a few times.. and its shady so your not baking out in the sun, cool swap and killer cars...

Check it out if your even remotely close.....

10. greg

greg

I was there when Gene Kinman lost his life In his model A. I have only been back to Edgewater a couple times since then. I only knew him for a short time, but thats all it took to call him a good friend. I was talking to him in the staging lanes right before his last run, and I remember someone asking him if it would go 100, and he said if it did that he didn't want to be the one driving it, It was a handfull at high speed. I am planning on going sunday and I'm sure that watching Gene make his last run will be on my mind all day! I really love drag racing and I think Gene's car was not set up for the strip. It was made to cruise the streets (always with open headers.) If you are racing this sunday, please be careful.
    The Kentucky Kruizers car club is having a memorial cruise-in for Gene on sat. Aug.16 in carrollton, Ky at Coopers restaraunt.6:00 pm
    I didn't mean to Bumb anyone out!

11. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Well, I guess I will have to wait until next year at the Nats to see Matt Goldburg!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  12. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Bump , bump . This is a kick ass show boys be there .

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

except for the fact it's $25.00 for the show. (driver & old lady)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  14. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

This show is KILLER!!

GO TO THIS SHOW. ENJOY THE PROGRAM. WATCH SOME GOOD RACING AND MAYBE FIND SOME GOOD OLD SPEED PARTS. THATS IT!

While Sad and unfortunate, Gene Kidman knew what he was doing and risking, AS DOES ANYONE INVOLVED IN ANY KIND OF RACING. If they don't, they need to stay in the grandstands.

I grew up around Open Wheel racing, I saw guys I knew well, get hurt bad and killed. The worst thing for the sport we as fans and racers can do is to keep Talking about it and bringing it up. THATS WHAT PEOPLE AGAINST AUTO RACING WANT.

This might be a hard pill for some of you to swallow but its the way its ALWAYS been amongst RACERS and there Families.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you, But this post is to PROMOTE this fine event. There was a reason the news people were not allowed in the track that day. So there would be NO STORY. It should be the same here.

No story, no re-cap, no comparisons.

Thanks You, and I hope to see all of you Sunday.

JD

15. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Just got the coupe fired be there . Sunday,Sunday,Sunday

16. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Just got in from Florida, tried like hell to get home in time for this event, damn pee breaks take up a lot of time...Well, I'll be there next year...Ryan

17. FatRat

FatRat

Thanks to all those that came out to the Hot Rod Drags today. Got to see a lot of folks that I haven't seen all summer. We couldn't have ordered up a better day, Great turnout.

I forgot my camera so if have any pics post them.

Whitney,

The couple looks great. Glad to see the maiden voyage was successful.

Thanks again,

Murph

18. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Whitney, the coupe looks great! Brandon we have never met, but you're A hauls ass! Had a great time just wish my car would have started this morning:D

19. brandon

brandon

there was a lot of neat stuff....about the time we pull in the gate...(insert homer simpson quote...:rolleyes:) i remember , hey , i didn't bring the camera...hopefully someone shot some pics...had a ball...spun 1st round ...and that was all she wrote.....up till then it was 60' better than it ever had... and still went a tenth faster that it ever had....on the 2bbl...:eek: gotta work on that throttle rod...i want it in the 12's....:D next time you see it , stop and talk... brandon:D

20. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Good seein everyone today. The coupe drove great other than the damn door coming open at high speed . Thanks for the kind words .
    Mike

21. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

You rolled in the gate with instant character!!!

22. FatRat

FatRat

I would tell everyone that the doughnut on the door came from the bankshot in turn 2. Only problem is you were at the strip and not the round track.:eek:

There were also some killer bikes there Sunday.

23. Hey Mike how about some pictures of the '34? Are you ready to sell that '32 now?

24. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Stan im going to get some photos up here tonight sometime of the coupe . The coupe is for sale . Thanks Mike .

25. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

26. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

27. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Mike....coupe is killer, has your signature look as always, missed you guys on the salt this year...as a Cincy member thanks to all that made our drags a success