Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chucky's Project Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuckieeee, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

Hi Guys,
    I don't get chance to hang out on here much because I'm in the shed a fair bit, so the only chance I do get is when I'm at work......I think my priorities are spot on ;-)

I took the time to do a photobucket site if any of you want to check out my projects (28A and '66 trump) and some other stuff that I put up.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/chuckydownunder/

Enjoy!

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Do you come from the land down under? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

3. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

would you like a vegimite sandwich? :))

Originally a Pom mate but now I live in Oz

4. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

Just a quick update on my 28A roadster project for those who are interested.

I have dated the car to April '28 and found out it's history. in '85 the motor, box and chassis were recoed and then the project was abandoned before the engine was even run, so the internals are brand sopacking new which is freakin awesome! The body it turns out is a henry ford cowl, EVERYTHING else has been hand made from sheet steel by the guy who sold me it. I have all the photo's of the dude making wooden patterns from an old roadsetr body and beating on the sheet to make this car. while not all ridgey didge HF steel I'm stunned its been beaten from sheet and think it lends some heritage to the car :)

I spent the last weekend stripping the chassis and repainting it satin black, theres very little rust so it took about 5 hours to complete the job......for once a job went to plan ;-)

Front brakes have been Machined, Bonded and Radiussed; they should be back this week. I'll reassemble them as soon as my springs an shit turn up from Mac's.

This weekend I have to try and get the motor cranking just to make sure she hasn't stood siezed ( I found a great article buried in the forum, thanks guys!) once I know shes a runner I'll take the time to fix all the flakey paint up.

I'm actually building a single seat minimal hiboy style car pre '35 (at least thats the plan!?!?) so the motor will be left stock to get her on the road then I'll hop up a second engine for transplant.

I'll post pictures when I get her out in the sun this weekend.

While I don't post much rest assured I am hauling ass through the archives getting valuable info that you guys have taken the time to write. Thankyou for doing because this little aussie pom would be lost without ya

P.s I'm thinking about running four strombergs on a home made manifold. I would really apprieciate any advice you guys could pass my way regarding whether to use 81's 94's or 97's etc.

Laters gators,
    Chux

5. butch27

butch27

Wow Chucky: Nice motorcycle???

6. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

The Triumph? yeah I just finished her, she started as nothing more than a front loop and bottom half of the engine.......just running through those teething troubles now so the heads back off as the LH inlet manifold stripped :mad: should be back in three weeks :)

Always got about three projects goin' and no money comin' y'know how it is :D

Chux

7. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Very cool project.
    [​IMG]

Norton

8. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

thanks man, means a lot.

9. Chuckieeee

Chuckieeee

Time for an update as its been a few weeks.

The chassis, diff, rad rods, axlte etc have all been taken back to bare metal, and then painted satin black (with rattlecans :))

I have finished checking to motor out and it turns out she is completely new! Research has proven that this motor was rebuilt in '85 and never run.....result!

Radiator is off for repair

Front brakes are back from rebuild and re all freshly bonded and radiussed

I'm currently waiting for all my brake components from Mac's and about to order a few parts for the zenith as it turns out that was all new too.

I aim to get the motor running in 4 weeks, then i'll fit the body and start working on it.

Currently im in a bloody good mood about the whole thing because I've never had suck an easy project in my whole life with cars/bikes :cool:......I think something really horrible is lurking round the corner :eek:

As a last comment if anyone in Australia has a 16" ford front wheel (mid 30's), open car windshield and/or a decklid for a 28/9 roadster...please let me know ;)