Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects **1951 Ford F-1 Project Revisited**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lodaddyo, Aug 13, 2008.

1. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Well since im pretty much done with my 58, I decided to get back to work on my 51 f-1.
    I went this morning and got my new tires mounted. I put them on and rolled it outside for a little bath. It had accumulated a pretty good amount of dust and dirt on the chassis from doing body work in the shop. I put my wheels on and pressure washed the chassis. Im not too sure about the tire size, they were the same size as a G-78 (215/75r15), but they seem kind of bigger to me. The chassis is pretty much done except for some shock mounts to weld up on the front. the brakes are plumbed, air suspension working. Ive got some patch panels to finish welding on the cab. hopefully soon ill get the body straight and in primer, ill keep you guys updated as i go.
    Ryan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Can't wait to see more of this one...damn your '58 is my favorite of the '57 through '60 box trucks on the hamb...

3. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thanks guys,
    man this board moves fast these days

4. jchav62

jchav62

Nice! I like em both! And I don't even like F%$Ds...

5. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

dat 58 is sharp! looks like the 51 is headed there too

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Love the F1's!
    Whats the reasoning behind leading links on the rear axle?
    Looks like theres lots of room to the front...right now anyway!
    The workmanship looks really clean!

7. love the 58...can't wait to see the completed F1

coming soon: rodtees.com

8. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thanks again, i could of ran them to the front, but there wouldnt have been much room
    for exhaust and such, plus ive always like to to run them to the rear. dont ask me why
    Ryan

9. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Cool...
    Is there any noticeable difference in handling or ride?
    I've seen some pictures of Sports cars using that style of link mounting and I'm just wondering if it makes any difference you can feel.

10. azratrod

azratrod
    from Az

ryan,can you give me some more info on the parts that you used on the frame set up? lines, c notch, bridge, tank, compressor and ...? i have a 57 and a 64. the 64 is about to get lowered. i was planning on getting my parts through www.suicidedoors.com all the info and pictures that i can get will help. thanks

11. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

not really any thing you can feel.more for travel for the air suspension. its a Pete and Jakes triangulated 4 link. ive used them several times when i was into building minitrucks.

12. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Looks very nice and clean, great job! I just bought a 52 F-1 for $150.00 and plans are to make a gasser out of it. I'll likely put my roadster project on hold to do this truck as it'll be on the road faster than my roadster every will!

13. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

all the lines are 3/8 stainless steel tubing, valves are (4) 3/8" SMC's. Compressors are (2) Viar 450's, 5gallon air tank, the cnotch and rear bag mounts were cut out of plate at my friends shop. the bridge is just some 1" pipe. the 4 link is a Pete and Jakes triangulated 4link. suicidedoors has some great products and prices. you cant go wrong using there stuff. i used their rear shock mounts on this set up

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  14. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

hell of a deal for 150bucks, cant wait to see the gasser!