Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Jerzey Xplant to NC

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by benc609, Aug 13, 2008.

1. benc609

benc609

Hey guys, relocated from NJ about 1 year ago. Now in N. Raleigh Area. Would love to find out more about the scene here. Hard to find car stuff that isn't musclecars or geezers sitting around looking at each other. I have a 53 Chev that i just finished baggin with a custom susp. I am really interested in networking and hopefully getting my chop done. I'm good with the hands and willing, but don't have the experience for this (can't weld either). Like everyone else, I want to get the car right, but cant spend all my family's $$ on it. Any help (or even just "hello's") would be kool.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

My shop is right down by the Harley dealer. Had you posted a few days ago you could have made our open house on Sat. But welcome to Raleigh. Come by and say hi.

3. benc609

benc609

Looks like a great shop, man. Sorry I missed the festivities. I will definitely come on down to check it out. Thanks for the shout. How long have you been in Raleigh?

4. welcome to the HAMB...I, too, will be relocating from San Diego to Mooresville...enjoy your stay here on the site...lotsa great info, people and cars

coming soon: rodtees.com

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Since 85 or so....

6. There was a old joke about "Jerzey Guys" mov'in down south something like whats the difference between a " Yankee" and a " Dam Yankee" ? anyone remember the punch line?

7. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I can't wait to leave Jersey! Too Crowded, too much Trafic, too high of property taxes

8. murph

murph

I'm another NJ -> NC transplant (with a few stops between). Welcome to Raleigh. Zman and Switchblade327 can offer solid advice on your '53 and have the tools/knowledge and skills to tag-in on parts of the project you're not able to tackle at home.

-murph

9. welcome to the H.A.M.B. and the south..

10. benc609

benc609

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna like it here. it's good to know that there are some good people around. is there any decent get togethers/meet ups that dont have the goofy feeling of some of your typical 'car shows'?

11. murph

murph

Other than the Vendettas Blood, Sweat, and Gears, The Hoopla, and Heavy Rebel Weekender (July 4th weekend in Winston/Salem), you're gonna have to road-trip to get to other shows.

Welcome to Goofy-ville.

-murph