Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ATTN: CORKY COKER, lissen' up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Aug 12, 2008.

1. BigChief

BigChief

ROUND tires would be a great place to start.

2. brandon

brandon

go up about 6 post....^^^^^^ :D

3. pecker head

pecker head

I agree ! Let's make round bias-ply tires ! :eek: Make everybody happy !

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Somebody mentioned SUPPLY and DEMAND. Yeah, I understand the concept. That is EXACTLY why I don't understand the wide 15's that they re-pop and NOT the 16's.

Is the dirt track crowd really restoring that many cars that require the 15's? I have yet to talk to any hot rodder that understands why the 15's were made instead of the 16's. I'm sure the people at Coker did their homework but it doesn't jive with my homework! haha

Sweet, sweet Anglias by the way!!

5. BBobb

BBobb

thanks for the info....and not reemin on me.I did not realize those were the tires.I have a set on my model a i thought you guys were talking about I learned a little more today

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

come on Jeem how do you expect him to want to do that tire when you show a pic of it hiding. you should have broke out a hiboy pic from the 3/4 rear view.. maybe an updated Orange crate looking sedan or what ever gets your juices flowing.. (ok its my way of getting to see more of your work.. when you going to have time to do my woodie)

7. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Coker has given us a bunch of vintage tires but there's always a need for more sizes and styles.More choices for vintage slicks would be nice also,not everyone wants or needs Piecrusts.

8. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Good grief Jeem, quit your whinin' and just buy the set I have now and I will throw in the '29 Phaeton there on in the deal. Now that's the best deal you gonna get.

9. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

haha... Yeah, first things first. Round would be nice.

10. Corky Coker

Corky Coker
    from Tennessee

Hi guys...

Thanks for the post, Jeem. Nice artwork too. Ain't nothin better we would like to do than to bring out new sizes there are adequate demands for. You gotta know that tire molds are really really expensive. There is also the engineering work and minimum production runs. We found the original Firestone 15 inch mold so we were able to put it in production much easier. The first Firestone Grooved Rear tire we produced was a 16 inch! It is in the line and available today but is a tall and skinny 890-16. We also built new 820-17, 820-18 Firestone Grooved Rears tall and skinny's.

It is a little hard to guage and develop new product unless we hear from you directly. You can speak to one of the guys at a show ( maybe the Hambdrags! ). We do about seventy shows a year so we are often at an event near you... or you can email us [email protected] or call us on our toll free number to register your interest in a wide 16 inch Firestone Grooved Rear.

Thanks for the heads up and interest!

Best to you guys!

Corky

11. Thanks Corky! I will be ready for the skinny 16s when I get the Tudor going together......

12. BTW, check your PM's here. We had a guy over on the Jockey Journal with a question on a cycle tire he got from you. I referred him to your addy here.

13. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Thank you Mr. Coker, 14 wide would be good for me. :D

14. Corky Coker

Corky Coker
    from Tennessee

Stop it Ben... Mr. Coker is taller, older and more gray than me. I'm just Corky.

15. Corky Coker

Corky Coker
    from Tennessee

Thanks Tman... tell him to send an email to Jess Hoodenpyle at [email protected] and jess will answer his question for sure....

Best...

c

16. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

Coker Tire is awsome! I recentley bought some 16'' wide white Firestones for my '48 Ford. While waiting to get my tires mounted, an older gentleman who was working on a car for Corky showed us around. Man that place is sooooo cool! He even let us see Corky's collection of cars! That guy, I wish I could remember his name, was super nice. I think he said his son works there. We also got to visit Honest Charlies. That was very cool. Anyone who has never been to either of these places need to go! Well worth the ride from anywhere! Thanks for supporting our hobby Mr. Coker! Here's a pic of my truck, a real Coca Cola delivery truck

Attached Files:

17. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

Cool beans! Talk about having your hand on the pulse of the hobby!

18. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

How many boards get the likes of Corky Coker to answer messages personally?! Man, you gotta love HAMB. Corky, take a look at your tires on my ride!

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

OK..... NOW, I understand why the 15's came about.
    Thanks for responding Corky!

I'm not the one gambling here but I'm casting a resounding YES vote for the WIDE, dirt track 16" 'Stones!

20. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

i talked to you at a SRMA show in san antonio about 8 years ago about them,and you said they were in development.

so i'll say it again,firestone 7.50-14x16 double diamond groved rear is what we need.

-danny

21. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Id love to see them repopped. Ive loved the look of a car with R154s on it forever.One of my favorite magazine article is in TRJ #1, the deuce roadster comparison/tire test. Ive been meaning to mount up a pair for the back of my roadster, thanks for the reminder.Louie
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    got a couple pairs squirred away...

22. Hip2bsquare

Hip2bsquare
    from Gilbert,AZ

Can I get a print of that VW Jeem? I'll stroke your rod!!

23. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

How about the 11.00x16. They look great on a 10" wheel on the back of a highboy.

24. Yep, I agree - I prefer the R139s to the 154s. I even found a set of 11.00-16 C R139s - never heard of them before (just the plain 11.00-16s and the 11.00-16 Ws) - these Cs are like, 14" wide! One is NOS, one is damn close and they are definitely going on the back of something of mine!

Steve

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

BUILD IT, and I'll give you the original.

26. Really?

JH

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sure, why not?

But, you gotta letter in white, period style, "Header by Jeem"!

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

You prick

ya told me it was mine
    You and your VW suck.:)

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Soooo......you'll give the print AND build the header for it?;):D

Hmmmm....there's an oval on craigslist......hehe

30. .... & I'm going to look at one tomorrow.

JH