Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Vicious rumour at the Hayride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big jungle jim, Aug 12, 2008.

1. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Apparently there was a vicious rumour that i had broken the front axle on the roadster. Well just to let everybody know i did. The armco came first then the axle came second.
    I would just like to say a very big THANK YOU to Melissa and all the Hayrides how contributed towards the fund over £300 was raised i was total speechless and still am. I would also like to thank Jeff Marshall (could not have got home without you), Duncan, Dick and family the stock car boys and not forgetting the second best car club in the world the Executioners.
    We managed to weld the axle back together at Jeff's workshop and managed to drive the car off the trailer back into my workshop. (I think the tracking is out slightly).
    A BIG THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERBODY........

ps Keep you eye out for a cheap I-beam going on the classifieds soon. One carefull owner never raced or rallied.

Cheers Jim

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Saw the pics, Jim - tough break! ;)

Chin up! I'm sure you'll have it nicer than before!

3. Hey Jim,

glad to hear you guys got the car home safe, saw the pics, and it looked like it could have been a lot worse!

When you guys coming back to California to see us again? We are almost outta Jaffa Cakes!

:D

4. Who made that axle ? I am assuming it was cast,not Forged ?

5. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Yep, Good excuse to do some more work on it. When you back over. ps say hi to Joe

6. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Hopefully next year when i get time to build the engine for Bonneville. I should get you some shares in McVities.

7. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

It was a Flatlanders forged axle. It has been on the car for 15 years and has done me proud especially the way i drive.

8. Strange.

Was it Chrome plated ?

9. You know you got a room here if you guys need one.

Good luck with the Bonneville project.