Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville role call...Who's going to speed week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER
    from LONDON

2. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

I was able to get to Tim's site thru Smug Mug. Thanks for the help, you have a good eye Tim.

DW

3. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yes, that is an awesome photo! Ed's car is going to have a new look this year...I just finished re-doing his lettering and numbers a little over a week ago.

I'm probably going to be lending Ed a hand out there as well (if he needs it)...he's looking to up his B/FR record this year.

Here's a sneak peak of one of the new Reath logos I painted on the hood. The decal next to it is one that Ed got from Reath long ago, and wanted to copy. Talk about time consuming...and I had to do it twice!

-Brian

Attached Files:

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

From the SCTA "whats new" site.......

08/11/08: The Wendover PD and Tooele County Sheriffs have expanded their forces. We have it on good authority that the Speed Limits on the access road to the salt and the roads leading into Wendover will be very strictly enforced. They are also enforcing open container laws. If you want to help pay these new officer's salaries, please feel free to speed; it'll take the pressure off the rest of us.

08/11/08: All courses are dry. Course preparation is continuing as scheduled. Roy Creel Report

08/10/08: Rained last night on the salt. Standing water at the mile mark on all 3 courses. There was no damage. Expect 90 degrees and windy for the next week. Course preparation is continuing as scheduled. Roy Creel Report

5. If anyone is interested I'll have any empty trailer going from bonneville to edmonton alberta. I'm hauling a car down for speed week and comming back empty. I'll be going through salt lake city, all the way up I-15 to the canada border and then through calgary up to edmonton. PM or Call me at (780)-886-1409

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

so whats the weather report looking like

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

sod, as a first timer, is the access road marked with the speed limit

9. Speed on the salt from the pavement to the pits or start line is 55. but you dont have to go that fast. To many people there to be a retard and hit some one cause you were going to fast.

10. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

Ditto, same here..

I can't wait, I didn't quite get my truck put back together in time, but I'll be there.

Dan

Attached Files:

11. DrDano

DrDano
    Alliance Vendor

We're leaving Fort Collins, CO Friday the 22nd to Wyoming and taking I-80 in that day, returning Sunday most likely. Bummer to show up at the end of the meet, but the schedule change this year and work didnt allow to show up for the start. If anyone wants to caravan down with us, drop me a PM.

12. BAMAGUY

BAMAGUY

Do I understand correctly that one can camp at the "bend in the road".....Truck camper/etc and then drive to the course/pits and park and return to the camping area at the end of the day.....Just wondering about the amount of walking required
    as I'm not as up to a lot anymore and have not been there before.....

13. Yes you are correct. You can drive the out to the course and then back to the bend in the evening. There are not any "camp sites" so when you come back at the end of the day your spot may be gone but there is SOOOOO much room it will not matter.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Eyeball, since this thread has your attention, will your posse be setting up in the same area as in the past? Kinda at the end of the pits in the spectator area around MM3 I think it is? If so, this is the area we'll once again be having the HAMB Meet & Greet and would it be possible to hang the HAMB Banner from your canopy?

15. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Denise, I'll have my red canopy set up in the same area as well so feel free.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Perfect! Thanks bud! Drive safe and I'll see you on Sunday.

I see alittle HAMB encampment brewing.:D

17. butch27

butch27

Hey: My vacation hit it just right. I'll be there Tuesday viewing .I'll look for a RED tent at MM3.

18. I' be coming in with the Elebrock tour guys on Thursday and Friday.Bummer that I'll miss the Meet and Greet.Hope the flattie can handle the 3000 mile trip. Actually I'm more concerned if I can handle it.Never took the old girl that far. Hope my ass is up to the task.Ha ha![​IMG]

19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Are you talking about walking from your campsite to the salt? If so, that is one heck of a hike. Put a thumb out and I am sure you will get a ride.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

Oh yea, look me up on the salt......the wife and I go to "Bama" every spring for a Crawfish fest in "Faunsdale".

20. BAMAGUY

BAMAGUY

Thanks so much, EYE and SOD!!

Not planning on walking.......Was wanting to be sure of the situation.......

SOD , if I do make the trip, I'll try to look you up.....
    Feeling a little poorly but hope to make it.......

Thanks again.....

John

21. EDIT: The 32 won't make it this year, slight problem.
    Plan B, Old Reliable, the 33 Coupe will be the ride this year.
    HemiDeuce.

Attached Files:

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Just posted on Landracing.com at 11am Detroit time

Okay, we're out on the salt now. It's the first day of set up -- Nancy and I are parked at the cone laydown area and waiting for the rest of the equipment trucks and trailers to arrive.

The Salt is not very damp, but hard as a rock, so flat you'd think it had been milled, there's a nice breeze blowing from the northwest, and I'm not lying too much. Okay -- yes, it is a bit damp here and there on the access road, but it does look pretty good out here.

One more sleep and Megan and I leave!!!:D

23. Yes we hope to be in that general loacation again. There should be plenty of room to hang it up there and it would be great to see everyone.......see ya on Sunday.

24. Rckt98

Rckt98

One more sleep and Megan and I leave!!!:D[/quote]
    One more sleep here as well. It is pouring with rain & cold again today (as it has been for weeks on end). can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow & head for sunshine. Get to SLC Friday night, be on the salt sunday.
    Russell

25. theflame

theflame

Seems like, as I'm not going, a good time to watch The World's Fastest Indian (again) and wait for some pics to appear on the HAMB.

Have fun guys!

26. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

are you counting roadster while you sleep? lol:D
    One more sleep here as well. It is pouring with rain & cold again today (as it has been for weeks on end). can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow & head for sunshine. Get to SLC Friday night, be on the salt sunday.
    Russell[/quote]

27. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

bje31 from western PA...we are in Cheyenne WY and leaving westward RT 80 tomorrow....look for the 29 Ford Tud, 49 Caddy powered rod...."Bonneville or stay on the porch on the tail end"!!!!

28. Deadender60

Deadender60

I can't make it... just started a new job but my brother will be at Bonneville taking pictures... He'll be with the Payasos in either a Top Kick truck or in 1 of 2 roadsters they're taking out there.. So if you think you see me it aint me.. it's my brother Jesus.. say hello..

Have fun!
    -Juan

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You think he's going to freak out when I hug him and call him Uno??:D

30. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

wow, one more night at work and im done. i cant wait.