Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects here's my new 63 wagon project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by c1run1, Jul 14, 2008.

1. job rated

job rated

Those Saltflats look perfect. Love the stance too!

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Massive system, LCD TV, big ass reeemz, cheesy vanity plate and some ghetto decal on the windshield. Saweeeet, yo. :D

3. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Well an opinion was asked for - you got them.

4. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

5. longroofs are cool...salt flats are cool and you can't go wrong with chevy rallye's

6. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love '63 Chevy's! That wagon will be really nice when you're done. As YOU already pointed out, the 20's are going, as they should. I'm a fan of several of Coy's wheel designs. To me, they blend some of the look of older custom wheels with modern sizes.

With the Air Ride etc that you've already mentioned, I'm sure you can tuck those wheels in much better than the 20's on the car when you bought it. Besides, somebody will NEED those 20's once you offer them for sale and you'll probably make a good chunk of what new wheels will cost.

It's your car - do it your way. remember all of the opinions you get here are worth what you're paying for them.

I'll look forward to seeing some photos of your longroof when it's done.

7. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

Hey wagon builders , Do you guys have any parts cars for the 63 Belair ?

If you have 63 impala or Belair wagon parts please drop me an email .
    I'm looking for trim parts mostly maybe one door drivers side front .
    Thanks Joe
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Love the wagon. Love the Salt Flats. HATE the 20's. The only car, new or old, that looks cool with 20's is a new Chrysler 300 (and they look stupid with anything bigger than that).

Brian

9. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

well I tore out the suspension this weekend , I ordered new ball Joints and i'm working on cleaning up parts and getting everything ready for install .
    I'm adding the coolride air ride . I never did this install before , so it's a learning project . Oh and it doesn't come with Directions LOL

I Also bought a big 4 wheel disc brake set up for it from CPP .
    I hope to have it done over next weekend .

Attached Files:

10. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

4,000 pounds, gravitational forces, versus cinder blocks. Guess the outcome?
    Please be carefull.

11. Ramblur

Ramblur

Look foward to seeing this come together. I had one in high school and picked
    up another one in the mid 90's that I still have. Scored most of my trim NOS
    on the ebay,but not even working on it right now. Interested in how you
    like the CPP brake stuff aand how your airride install goes. Best of luck too ya.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nailhead

Nailhead

Cool project man, good luck with it. Post up pics of your progress.

13. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

Thanks for your concern Dale , but what you can't see are the steal Jack stands under the frame the blocks are to keep it from rocking .
    Joe

14. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

Well after working on the car this weekend , i found that CCP forgot spacers i need to complete the front brakes and they also gave me the wrong stud replacements for the rear kit .
    I also found out i need to order rear Axle bearings which if i had known that earlyer this week i would have done that already , so I'm held up a few more days till i get the needed parts .
    I have the air ride in place i just have to finnish plumbing the PVC tubing .

15. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

well i bought another one ... Mostly for some parts but it's to good of a car to waste .

Attached Files:

16. Ramblur

Ramblur

You know this is a disease right?:p

17. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

I finally have the car back together after working on it on and off . And delays with obtaining parts .
    Now the next step is paint and body work . Plus a few upkeep repairs .
    Now i feel like i have made some progress . Almost time for the next one ..

Attached Files:

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

got your PM brutha. let me know if you still need any parts. got quite a few on this parts car out here.

19. I like the wheels. The tires aren't working WITH them at all. lending old with new can be done, but it's a fine line to walk.....

My .02¢.

20. I've always wanted one of those. I like everything about the car except the wheels and tires. I hate the big and bigger wheels thing on any car but on an old car it looks a little like boobs on a dude. But it aint my car is it? I'm not the one who has to like it. If you are happy and like the outcome good for you.

21. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

If you like big Conestoga wagon wheels, that's your choice. However, this is a TRADITIONAL hot rod and custom message board. There is nothing traditional about big wheels, so why not find a message board where they do belong??? :confused::confused::confused: By the way, yeah I think that those big wheels are UGLY with a capital U. Soooo, I guess I'm closed minded too.:rolleyes:

22. what's with those gay assed wheels? hopefully you're shit canning them soon?

23. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that's a cool looking wagen