Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects update: the Prairie Fire 37

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCK_RAT, Aug 8, 2008.

1. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

well, boys i thought i'd stick a few pics up here to whet you whistles. i really wanted to have this truck done for the hamb drags this year but i just didn't have time. although i don't think i'm doing bad for a firsttimer working by himself 90% of the time. big thanks to 53sled on helping with the channeling. neither of us had ever done it before but we figured it couldn't be that hard plus we'd both read how to do it. the same goes for the frame, suspension and everything else except that was on my own. it looks just like what i wanted all i need to do is finish it.

let's see what we'vegot here...
    1. the finished roller
    2. a side view notice the blower and radiator in the bed to better facilitate the real drag car feel with no cooling system(or at least one that's kinds hidden)
    3. smoothed and revamped original dash i love the tiny deepdish steering wheel
    4. a little welding on the new floor
    5. a poor mans brake 2x4's and a hammer
    6. cutting out the old floor

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

a harbor freight bead roller with some 1x2 steel added for strength and a scrap steel stand with a little crown royal and coke for inspiration.

Attached Files:

3. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

a harbor freight drill press is turned magically into a limited edition speedway drill press

Attached Files:

4. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

really guys no input at all. i'm disappointed in you all.

5. I'm stunned at how good that truck looks! Words escape me! LOL!

Seriously, I like that rig! What rear axle and suspension are you using? Ford/4-link?

Are you putting a bed on it, or leaving it as-is? Nice work!

6. TRUCK_RAT

TRUCK_RAT
    from tulsa

ten bolt from a 72 chevelle with 4.88 gears and a spool
    the rear suspension is a pete and jakes ladderbar kit with a posies 32 ford rear spring
    i think ill eventually build a bed for it but i'd really rather just have it on the road
    asap

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

You're my hero. Get back to work.

8. hasty

hasty

Please can you post a closer view of the frame details - the recessed slot at the front and the holes at the rear. Are these made with a second layer or are they pressed?