Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Bone, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

-Where can I get some info on bringing my Travel Trailer? For a 2 day/one night event like this it is self contained on water, electric, snd sewer.
    I ain't driving home sober whilst everybody else is getting a buzz on and having fun nor am I taking a chance on getting a DUI driving home after a day and night of fun! Stayed sober for the Nostalgia Drags @ Reynolds, GA and didn't even get a chirp out if my Valentine One on the way home after passing up the clear and even a beer for 2 hours before leaving, pissed me off big time!
    I clicked on the links I could find, but no info on camping!
    Dave

2. trust me - if you have to think about it - it ain't a good time at Dixie Fried. You did this right before run what you brung and you were bitter.

3. caddyman65

caddyman65

Is there going to be a meet and greet? I`m coming down ( unfortunateley in the late model)Would be nice to meet some of you guys

4. And the party just keeps getting bigger.
    WooHoo!
    No way on the Rivullac huh?
    Too bad, you could have parked it next to it's...Cousin.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tudor, things were in a bit of a tangle for me back in the time frame of the Run What You Brung, so I didn't get the travel trailer ready in time. And I've had enough of tents and sleeping on the ground for my lifetime!
    I didn't want to stay while sober, as there's nothing more miserable than being sober around a bunch of folks who aren't (sober), and I didn't want to leave while in danger of a DUI, so I left sober and then saw no cops on the way home! These days, the cost of a DUI can really put a crimp in your whole lifestyle for a long time!
    I've got a little time to get the TT ready if I know there's a place for it, so I need to find out if I can bring the thing or not! So, who can I call?
    Dave

6. Vic

Vic
    from Florida

Looking forward to it. Hope to drive the '51 F-1 up from Tampa.

7. I'm pretty sure that I saw a couple of trailers there last year. Call the drive in if you want to know for sure, heres a link that should have their number.

http://www.starlightdrivein.com/

T

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I don't know about an "organized" meet and greet,but you are always welcome at the "S.F.C.C. compound",and best I remember from last year,it was to the left of the movie screen,and on the high side of the "theater" parking rows.

Should be in the same spot this year.

Maybe our "social event coordinator",whoever the hell that is,will chime in before this all goes down.

Look for the "S.F.C.C." shirts and we will chat,if not focused on some "strange" sock!

9. caddyman65

caddyman65

Wish i could but I need to bring some stuff down in the truck, will be looking for ya

10. Congratulations Chuck, you just got promoted. :D

11. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

FUCK!

I was afraid of that!

Good thing I have been diagnosed as having "anti-social tendencies".

12. And that's why you fit right in with the rest of us.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

14. Isn't the meet and greet when we hand out socks, sit in a circle.......well....you know the rest....

15. 8769

from kennesaw

We had a meeting about the show last night. I can't wait. Got to see the artwork up close and it looks awesome. Gene K . did a great job as he has done on all the years previous. The trophies are gonna be kick ass.

Let's see if someone can't help out Denise. I'm sure there has to be someone coming from up north.

Troy

16. caddyman65

caddyman65

Note to self...do NOT make eye contact with dudes with socks on their hands:rolleyes:

17. he he he

18. I have a big BIG bag of sticky, WOOLY socks for JEFF,,, PBRMe!!!!

19. it's on...... you bringing the henry?????? you owe me a ride

20. Typically not on our hands....

hope to see you there......

21. Dont anybody sleep around here?? The Henry is still up in the air for the HAMB Drags much less Dixie Fried but god willing and I'm not divorced I will try to get you the ride you are owed!!!! Bring me a GOOD BRAUT from the NORT LAND and that would be inticing!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and some cheeze!!!!!:D

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Got a reply to my email to Starlight Drivein this am, manager says campers welcome means just that, camping, nor RVing, and the only space for my 25' TT is out on the front lawn, outside the gate!
    No way am I leaving that TT outside the secured area, not on Moreland Avenue!
    And at almost 71 years of age I've already had enough sleeping on the ground to last me a lifetime!
    So, unless I can figure something else to do, looks as if I won't be there, as I don't want a repeat of "Run What You Brung" where I only drank 4 beers all afternon and evening, afraid of a DUI. If I really partied down like I would want to do, I'd be afraid to drive 15 min to a motel, much less the 40 miles home!
    Dave

23. did you check with the road kings? Tudor said your cool....so ya gotta make it!

24. that's right - you gotta make it - even if it is only for the afternoon - it is an awesome show. MY FAVORITE and only show I really car about. Run what you brung is right up there too.

COME ON DAVE!!

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

26. YOU ALWAYS have this Georgia guys attention![/quote]

I CALLED HER FIRST!!!!!!!

27. See........Come early that way there is no influence to consume beverages....or hell park the RV outside the gates, and see if later when no one is watching move it in the back of the area. Tell them your vending socks and the RV is the display case so you need it at the show, again park in the back......

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Now, now boys, I've got enough lovin for the both of ya.:D

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

PBRmeASAP, only got one thang to say to yall: "Yall ain't from around heah R'Yall". Anybody who has spent any time at all below the Mason-Dixon Line knows that no self respecting Son of the South, ever let daylight or dark come between us and a drink, or need either as an excuse to indulge!
    I'm still trying to figger this out. My guiding philosyphy: Learn the rules, then consider what you need to do to work those rules to your own advantage.
    And I'm still feeling out the rules on this one with 2 weeks to get a strategy!
    Dave

30. 63comet

63comet

Buddy of mine brought a camper trailer two years ago. Just don't trust the guy at the gate if he tells you that you have enough room to get under the awning. A/C and antenna hanging off the back bumper isn't much good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.