Register now to get rid of these ads!

gauge's question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mybeatupford, Jul 30, 2008.

1. well does anyone know of any place in the socal area that rebuilds or restores orignal gauges, i'm wondering if it will cost more to rebuild my original gauge on my 50 f-1 or just buy mooneyes or socal gauges which are over $400 now let me know thanx-matt

2. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

You can use the guts out of Ford PU gauges up to about 86.

3. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

I just had all my gauges redone and its BIG BUCKS !!! Go for the after market stuff at $400 and get what you love. If you can't do without a redone stock unit there are guys like Classic that will do whatever you want. Dollars can get you almost anything. My wife wanted a ruby inlayed in the speedo with special script, it beautiful but $$$$$$$$$$$$

4. United Speedometer in Riverside.
    Spendy,but well worth it if ya want original converted

5. Retrorod

Retrorod

Redline Gaugeworks out in Canyon Country did mine, but again......it was big $$$$. They are perfectly restored on the outside, look really cool and are converted to electronic movements. I didn't want to molest my original 1935 dash...that's why I bit the bullet and spent the money. They do alot of "celebrity" stuff (Jay Leno).

http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com

6. well i did some looking around on the next and the 57-60 ford,merc,lincoln gauges look exactly the same but the faces are different. i know these gauges should be 12volt now how well do you guys think they would work on my 68 351w or would the readings be thrown off alot?