Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hotrod-a-rama kicked ASS! My words and photos.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

First of all, THANK YOU to all who played a part in making it happen! As far as I'm concerned, we do no have an event up here in Canada that can compare to what you people have put on. This was a first for me, and I loved every second of it!!

We left Red Deer (where I live) Alb. @ 12:30am on Thursday morning, for (what we hoped) would be a 14hr trip. 14 hours sound like a long haul? Well, my friends, it took us TWENTY NINE HOURS to get to Tacoma! And easily that to get back! We had a smooth sail till we reached the border, where Matt's '48 decided it hated the USA and started giving us troubles. We struggled on, finally giving in and loading the Ford onto the trailer and going the last 4hrs to Tacoma (arriving @ 3am) and promptly hit the sack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We got up at noon, went to Denny's where we saw Chris drive by in his pickup, and then we went to wash the cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From there we went to the pre-party, and I already knew that this show was going to be great because the pre-party was better then most of our shows! I hung out in the Swiss (more outside, as my girlfriend is too young to go in) and enjoyed the show, as well as the drag cars strutting their stuff. We hung out there till midnight and headed to the hotel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

On to the main show!

Saturday we got up late, arriving at the show around 10 I think, and before I walked a 100yards I was so impressed, my trip was made. I could babble on about the cars, vendors and awesome pizza... but hows about I just shut up and post pics?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Jammin' pics!

4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now the moment none of you have been waiting for, my picks for 'best in show'. I base this off of nothing in particular...I just have mad wood for these two rides.

The Amocat roadster is my definition of hotrod. This thing is bloody perfect, and I kept coming back to drool on it and stare in awe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course, this sexy mo-sheen. I got a chance to hang with Erik and I gotta tell ya'll, he's rad dude and really down to earth. I b-lined across the parking lot on Friday night to look at this biatch in person. Erik can be seen chillen in his ride in the last pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Great pics!
    Shows in the U.S. are on a whole other level from what happens in Canada.
    I'm sure you've been ruined for life.

Norton

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

On Sunday we got up to go down to Amocat in an attempt to solve Matt's vapor issues. I could spend all day in there and continue to see some rad shit. The guy were really cool and laid back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are random photos from the trip home, an epic drive that got me home in time to be 2 hours late for work, I spent the day wishing I were dead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and one more thing...WTF IS UP WITH SANTA CLAUSE WATCHING US?!
    [​IMG]

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

haha, yup. I looked at my car when I got back and was like 'shit...this won't do' haha

8. Thanks for sharing the pics. That's pretty cool you drove all way just for the show.

9. bitchin pics man , looks like yall had a blast..

10. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Forgot to mention that I love the shot in front of the Bates Motel! haha!
    American car shows are HUGE!

Norton

11. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Oustanding story and pics. I thought everyone knew Santa is always watching. I have so many lumps of coal I should open up a power plant!

12. Tee hee, power plant...
    Bitchin pics.

13. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Thanks! Nice coverage!

14. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Nice job Post! Congrats on all of you making the drive down and back successfully!

15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Well, the trip was over for 4 of us yesterday, but since I had to get to work I had to leave Lee and Steve (Edsel and A sedan) behind and haul ass...

Lee's Edsel broke down just south of Calgary and he never got it going till 9:30 last night...I don't know what the total count is for their trip, but it's got to be a record haha.

All is well that ends well.

16. sololobo

sololobo

Cool coverage!! Looks like a great trip for you all. Nice snaps from the event. The sign in the background of the Bates Motel, BJ's Two was interesting as well, get your cigs and cigars and a B.J.? Love your rides!!-Sololobo

17. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

"Erik can be seen chillen in his ride in the last pic."

i see you got a pic of my best side...my inflatable side!!!

great meeting you, your girl and your other friends from the north. get down this way whenever you can,,,we'll take care of ya.

and when yer finally ready to get "down and brown",,,that hardtop is just sitting here waiting for you.....

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Oh we'll be back, Tacoma is a really cool city and I'm sure we could find something to do to entertain ourselves. It was cool talking to ya, I think I have a photo of you somewhere rolling by whilst being harrased by that drunk guy calling you 'pimp daddy'

as for that poncho, don't tempt me! I need a roadster first!!

19. Nice pix...looks like a great time...I hate those all nighters before work...draggin' ass all day is the worst...thanks for the great post

coming soon: rodtees.com

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I have more photos to upload when I get home, if anyone is interested. There were a couple survivor rods there that I should post.

21. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Happy to see you guys make it home OK. Sorry that we did'nt get to see you guys on Sunday. I had two friends up from Cali and I had to go to the Lowrider show in Potland to see a car the they were debuting there. I would have prefered hanging with you guys. Our show then Portland and back made me feel like I made your trip down. If you are in the area don't hesitate to stop by the doors are always open. Thanks again

Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium
    Hotrodarama

22. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Nice pics, Thanks For The Post! I really like that Edsel.

23. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

No worries, we didn't have a lot of time on Sunday anyways, we got up late and were i na rush to head home so we wouldn't have had too much time to hang out as it were. I hope your friends did well in their show.

Silhouettes 57: That Edsel is a beast! we averaged 18mpg I think...so she wasnt too bad on fuel, either! It was a blast to ride down in it, as my car decided it didn;t want to go the night before we were to leave :p

24. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Pretty cool Fencepost, sounds like a real good time ! 'best to ya'

25. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

18 MPGs WOW! It gets better milage then my SUV and my '63 T-Bird! I'd drive it!

26. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

Yep! Santa was watching. That place was all lit up Friday night. It's always Christmas in Tacoma.

27. steevil

steevil

Yep...We spent a day broke down in Black Diamond Alberta trying to hunt down a carb for the slEdsel.

Thanks to Russ and James Forgan, we were up and running again after being stranded there for 11 hours.