Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Hahahaha.
    Sounds better than Green Bay HS, only went there to eat my lunch.

2. In the very early 70's, I went to North Hollywood High. It was a huge hot rod, street race oriented school. This guy Bruce had a 64-5 Chevelle with a SBC with a single quad tunnel ram, 4-speed, and 5:13 gears for his daily transpo! Anyway, in a sea of tube axle Nomads, 409 cars, Max Wedge stuff, and so-on, the quickest car at the time was Scott Z's 428CJ Mach I. For some reason, that car was a "freak" it ran so good. PS- his cousin drove a Boss 429 to school

3. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i drove this 71 chevelle to school. big block, 3500 stall, turbo 400, nitrous, 4:88 gears, full stock interior, steel cowl hood...and it ran 10.50's with 10" slicks.
    i built the engine, and my dad built the trans. i was by no means the jock.....i was the loner in high school. i competed in the high school drags with this car several times.
    i don't know about it being the coolest car, but it was the best sleeper, and definitly the quickest at my school. there were alot of guys that had chevelles & camaros, but they were all just paint jobs and chrome.
    in the pic. the 1/4 panel and drivers door were smashed in...that's the way i bought the car. i did the bodywork, and used alot of spray can primer.
    [​IMG]

and here's some video oout on the road that we used to drag race on.

<param name="movie" value="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6742&autoStart=false"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6742&autoStart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="330"></embed>

<param name="movie" value="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6744&autoStart=false"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6744&autoStart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="330"></embed>

and one in the parking lot of the gas station i used to work at. the owner wasn't happy !!
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6743&autoStart=false"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.fquick.com/videos/fquickplayer.swf?file=6743&autoStart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="330"></embed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. 31whitey

31whitey

man

grew up in western pennsylvania

burnt alot of somethin...but it wasnt rubber

very wooded area with 4 wheelin and dirt bike trails everywhere

alot of drinkin in the woods

so most of the lot would clear out at noon...and we go drinkin cans of beer

it was almost acceptable and expected to be a drunkin kid in my area....weird to think about now

kinda like the movie dazyed and confused but with more mud and lifted trucks

5. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Mine wasn't the coolest but it was to me.1957 Ford Fairlane 2 dr ht,no front bumper,34 ford sedan front bucket seats,and a 1959 Merc 383 engine out of my dads Merc wagon he gave to me.My dad gave me the wagon because i traded my 59 Olds 98 4 dr for the 1957 Ford with a blowed up yblock. I had $5.00 in the 1957 Ford.The 19324 seats i put in cause they had been upholstered in pressed black pleats over the original mohair.Wish i had a picture and even more so had the car.

6. My dad (Lower Merion HS, class of 1951) used to go to school with a guy who drove a green Duesenberg race car (yes, like the early Indy kind).

7. I did my senior year, drove this 55 Bel Air. That's me on the left with my father, excuse the long hair, it was 1987!!!

I even had permision to park in the fire lane of the student parking lot so it wouldn't get door dings or anything stupid. The principal liked the car, so he said I was covered to park there. But if the fire alarm rang I had to haul ass to the parking lot to move it so the fire dept. didn't get pissed!!

Attached Files:

8. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Well I'm still in highschool...I've got a '94 Chevy 1500, that for a while was pretty lame, 4.3L 4l60e W/T, but that all changed when I slammed a 425 Olds with TH400 and 9inch rear in it....The day after it was put together me and 4 of my buddies were doing burnouts in the parking lot before and after school....My buddies had '74 Camaro 454 4spd, '91 Mustang GT with a blower, '87 Honda Accord...RWD 350/350:D, '86 C10 327/350....I had the baddest truck there, I murdered all my buddies cars and the ricers some of the other kids had, oh and this rich kids 'Vette....funny thing is until I took my truck apart for the second time I only had $250.00 in it....Now it's got 2 625 Demons, Edelbrock Alum. Heads, harlan sharp roller rockers, nice and lumpy cam, gear drive, bored 30 over, 455 Crank, bottom end girdle, electric water pump...and so much more...oh plus the "full bonzi" setting for the Th400 I found in my Mondello book....Spent about 4 months paychecks and most of my savings on her....and sold a bunch of stuff on ebay and here to pay for it all.

Oh and if I want to be flashy I pull out my '80 Cutlass, the chicks dig it...but my girl friend doesn't dig the other chicks diggin' it......I've got some other projects in the works that should be parkin' lot titans though...'30 Poncho RPU with rear mounted 500 cad, '29 A C-Dan, and of course my extremely non-hamb friendly '74 Imapala and '73 Olds 98 Vert DONKs... God damnit I love me some cars!!

Oh and I had a set of open headers on my truck I got in trouble for....I'd go rollin' up to school at 7:00a.m. for weight liftin' and wake up people in the house close to school...and then I'd go through the lot and set off car alarms...fun times.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  9. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

na it was silver. but still a pos

10. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a 65 Mustang in High School. Lost the car, kept the girl. Class of 2002, Mount Pulaski, IL

Attached Files:

11. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Nice posts folks, keep 'em coming!. Kinda like "class of old school revheads".

12. In 1966 i had a 30 a pickup 283 4 barrel 488 gears lakes headers cheater slicks met blue white blue int it was fast i was 17 when in my senior year i use to give the new musclecars the fits tim

13. thesupersized

thesupersized

well i only graduated last year..in my eyes i had the coolest car...i got my shoebox ford when i was a sophomore in hs, was driving it to school junior and senior year..im sure the tuner kids didnt think it was cool...one kid even said "is that your grandfathers car? aren't you embarrassed to drive that?" i responded..."its my car, and aren't you embarrased that you're walking home?"...

14. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

I graduated this year. I drove a '89 Tan Volvo wagon freshman and sophomore year. Then Junior year I got a '68 Plymouth Sport Satellite. 383 with a big cam (292 dur. .510 lift), 750 dbl. pumper, Eddy intake, Headers and electronic ignition. Thing was sweet. Had a very nice lopey idle, but with the cam and 3.23 gears it didn't really pull too hard of the line. Usually just barked the tires, but if I was cruising along at 30 or so and hit it hard the thing just took off. It broke the tires on every shift. I was working hard on that thing to have it ready for the last day of Junior year but didn't make it. I got out early from finals and was able to get it out that night though.

I ended up moving back to AZ that summer and sold that car. I got a 67 cougar with a lame 289 2V. Nothing like the Plymouth. Sold it after a few months. I miss that Plymouth. I also had a '65 fastback mustang for about a month this summer. I'm looking to get my first rod project now.

[​IMG]

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From 1946---1950 at Inglewood high school, it had to be Pierson's 36 chopped 3wd coupe, all white, twin appletons, skirts, lowered, twin pipes, desoto bumpers!! Also, McKinley's identical 36 chopped 3wd coupe, white, same equipment, they were members of the "coupes" of Inglewood, Ca.---------Nice memories!--------Don

16. Joe King

Joe King

I had a 73 Chevy 4x4, white steel spoke wheels (superior I think) fake wood siding and a funky blue green paint all covering up about 5 gallons of bondo. The truck ended up in a ravine never to be seen again

17. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I am going to be a senior in high school this year, so hopefully i will have the coolest car. Just bought this T touring here on the hamb, im going to paint it Washington blue, put some big n little blackwall bisplys on it, some guide 682-c's, and drive it. I have had other old cars but nothings cooler then a hotrod/jalopy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. autobilly

autobilly

The rich kid had a '70something Corvette Stingray for his first car, but my friend had a '59 Caddy that was KOOL.

19. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I will believe all this when i see pictures

20. autobilly

autobilly

Reckon ya will have!

21. Lots of cool cars, in 1965 friends had, 56 Chevy convt., 47 Chevy with a 440 Chrysler in it, 64 Chevelle SS, 64 Corvair Spider, 55 Ford, and I had a 60 Chevy, have one now too!

22. lehr

lehr

1959 chevy sportcoupe red and white 327 powerglide I still have it I first drove it to school in 1978...Pat

23. In Western Australia we get our licenses when we are 17,
    Im 16 and a learner driver.

Most cars driven by students are friggin mercedes or audi's that their mums give them. Then someone buys an 80's celica hack which everyone thinks is awesome :confused:

I was plannin on having a t-bucket built by the time i got my licence - but this came up and it was too good not to buy - just installed my doof doof for nice sunny day cruizes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive driven my EK to school a few times (in the mornings) but every time i roll up there is always someone lookin :cool:

Im the only car guy in a school of about 900 :confused:

24. Senior 2005, Drove my pretty stock 54. Nobody undstood then, and they still dont

3 years later, after 3 engines, 3 trans, and 2 rears. And a complete over haul of every single part

Attached Files:

25. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

26. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

Mike man, I am so sorry bro. I was just the opposite. I started 10th grade with a drivers license and a '67 Camaro, hugger orange.
    By the time I graduated and joined the Navy, I had the Camaro AND had built a '72 Vega with a .030 over 350 four bolt main and 11:1 popup pistons.
    It was a manned-missile.

27. hahaha I like it!

when people pull out in front of me from a side street (cos they think im in a slow old car) and i have to slam on the brakes...

they know they are getting abused by a learner driver when i peel out around them and flip them the bird with an "aro0oga" as i roll by:D

28. dawg

dawg

66 GTO, white with a 389 tri power, wish I had it now...

29. alchemy

alchemy

No, it was me. Same high school, 16 years earlier.

Drove a drastically lowered, louvered, dechromed, '67 Chevelle with a semi-built 350 spinning cop-car Rallys. It was too fast for a high school kid. Everybody else who scooped the loop in 1985 who thought they had a cool car was still jacking them up with 50 series rubber.

30. ERKEL

ERKEL

probably me at my school.i graduated in 93 and my daily driver was a 63 bel air 6 passenger wagon.white with aqua interior,283,glide and swapped out vette rallyes and 78-82 polished vette wheels every other week.had a sticker across the back window MUFFDIVER.it also helps that i had (and still do) a 55 post car with a sbc,muncie rockcrusher and 4.56 gears.