Register now to get rid of these ads!

66 caddy 429?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speed kills, Aug 5, 2008.

1. speed kills

speed kills

i just need some opinions on a 429 caddy motor? where they good motors. or just dogs?

2. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

3. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

They're different than the earlier motors, so stuff like multicarb intakes and other period speed equipment can be hard to find or even nonexistant...

4. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

5. My father-in-laws old 66 cad calais is for sale at kimberly automart in davenport ia- good engine-found some parts from egge but could not find a lot of hot rod parts or multi-carb intakes or general cool stuff-
    but runs pretty damn good in that aircraft carrier on wheels

6. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

Put it back stock.....325 hp and 480 ft/lbs is nothing to laugh at. Granted, multi-carb set-ups add to the look, but those Cads had plenty of punch from the factory.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

7. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

4 Year only engine, 64-67. There is almost no aftermarket parts for them, but like has been mentioned they are torque monsters for sure. You can get all the mechanicals and gaskets etc... no problem...I use Rockauto.com alot. An Edelbrock 1406 carb bolts right on and is a good match for the engine, that and a pertronix kit and should be good to go.