Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects our newest project "LET THE BEATINGS BEGIN!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rod pro, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm finding it hard to believe that none of you are getting the fact that this is not an original untouched car. It has been modified at some point and then someone decided to make it look stock again. The parts could be from 10 different cars no one know for sure and by the sounds of it they didn't do a very good job of doing it either.

Yes Danny brought on some of this with his title but I think to some extent is was meant to be tongue in cheek. I would bet that none of you would be whining about this build being a street rod if you didn't see the picture of the car first. I for one love to see Danny's build and can't wait to see more.

2. kidagin

kidagin
    from Florida

Tell me the owner is an oil rich arab muslem terrorist with a hatred of american icons.

3. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

it was a nice car to begin with and will still be a great custom when you are finished- overall cool ride can't wait to see the finished project 100%

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Even IF this car was an UNMOLESTED original. You could, and have said, that "this poor car will be one less original Henry-all-mighty-Ford product" and be right. But after Danny HAS HIS WAY with this model 40, it will not be another nice, albeit, bastardized "street rod". What it WILL be, is an extremely rare, well thought out, one of a kind HOT ROD. More rare, in fact, than the gennie originals you can see at a Shriner's parade in Anytown USA.

Hey, I love the romanticism and warmth of times past. The hard-working, simple American life our families lived, but I also believe we can fuse NEW CRAFTSMANSHIP with our LOVE of old AMERICAN iron. There must be MANY preservation/restoration society message boards, why not go there.

Cut it, DANNY!

5. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

If this Car was something insanely rare then i could see maybe some objections, but give me a break.

The Ford club threw a hissy fit when Posies cut up that 38 Deluxe Phaeton.

Big deal. hte guy payed his money for the car, its his do do as he pleases with...

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I'm not one for name callin.......especially to my brother HAMBr's.......................but....................what bunch of whiney bitches. let the guy build the car, every steel car was mint at one time or another..yes/no?
    And if we can take a perfect OG car and make it right (hot rod) then why cant we take a hot rod and put it back top its OG status if society says its nessesary. We can customize them so I'm pretty sure we can restore em? yes/no With the talent displayed here on the HAMB I'm pretty certain we should be able to replicate what ol Henry originally built if the museums of the future should need em?
    THANKS FOR LISTENING.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Danny,any bruises showin' up yet?...didn't think so...they hit like girls...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Chad s

Chad s

I NEVER said people who don't make a lot of money can not be intelligent!

I also personally HATE to see what celebrities are paid for mere entertainment. Our think our society puts way too much value into sports players, actors and musicians. And yes, its very easy to put the label of "more money than brains" on many of the celebrities. For some it wouldn't take much money to outweigh their intelligence.

But in order to argue my comment or yours, I think we would have to look at the percentage of millionaires, or wealthy individuals, who are celebrities. I would venture to guess that the majority (percentage wise) of millionaires in this country are businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc. NOT celebrities.

So I think its fair to assume that in the case of most affluent hot rod/custom car customer that spends big money on having high end cars built, the average client is not a celebrity who is paid big money to act foolish in front of a camera, throw a ball, or play a guitar. The typical(as in most of the time) wealthy client is likely a well educated business man who has earned his money either through hard work, a great idea, over achievement, or a combination of those.

In the context of the line "more money than brains" used here on the HAMB, it isnt being applied to Brittney Spears, a football player, etc. Its thrown out at the guy on ebay who pays $15k for a set of Kinmont brakes, or $30K for a 32 3 window body on ebay. The chances of that guy being a celebrity are slim, chances are he is a hot rod/custom/street rod fan who has made a lot of money in life and can afford it. And also very likely, that guy got that money by being smart.

I guess all of the people that like to use the line "more money than brains" could label Jay Leno with it as well? He has big money. He has paid extremely high sums for parts (i.e. $100,000 for a Deusenberg super charger). They key is he has earned all of our respect, so he doesnt get labeled as "more money than brains" (although funny, he jokingly referred to himself as such in regards to the Deusenberg super charger). Leno may be a celebrity, but I dont get the impression he is even close to stupid.

Give that wealthy car guy you just labeled "more money than brains" (after you saw him pay big bucks for a pristine example of an early ford to hot rod), a chance, and he just may earn your respect as well. I have a strong feeling he isn't low on brains!

9. Chad s

Chad s

Indeed. His car, his money, his choice. I would do it if I had the chance myself. Its such a waste of valuable time (like maybe to work on your car!) to get upset because you think someone is ruining a piece of history. It is a piece of history, and there are hundreds more just like it to be kept in their original state.

Its no one else's business what the guy does. If he wants to crush it, its his to do so. I would personally think its somewhat of a foolish idea to crush a nice car, but I wouldn't lost any sleep over what someone else does to their car.

10. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

you've seen me,i have alot of padding.:D

-danny

11. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

thank you guys for all the responce,good and bad.all of your opinions have made this thread fun.once and a while you have to stir up some trouble,and this one has.

to everyone here,my goal is allways to build a quality HOT ROD and still pay respect to the well thought out designs of the past.

if you look at my past builds,i think you will find that i don't stray too far from original.this car will also follow that trend.

if you like,follow along with the build.i'll post as soon as i can.

as allways,your comments will be welcome.

i think this thread is done,close it if you please.

your friend,and hamber.

-hot rod pro

12. Claych

Claych
    from Ca.

LMAO,

Thx for the thread, needed the validation .... (life's crossroads blah blah )

OMG, save it,.... "its already been modded",.... thats OK then, cut away!!

LOL, (my thoughts racing)

A gentle "affirmation" of who I am! timely indeed. a gearhead I was born,
    and will always be!

Thx to the board for letting me rant.

??? my choice, " America is all about Speed, Hot Nasty Speed" ....Elanor Roosevelt

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With all the shit thrown over this build, it BETTER turn out sweet... just don't paint it flat black because you can, please!

14. Rusty Springs

Rusty Springs
    from SouthTexas

Come on guys, you know the customer is always right
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    When a professional Hot Rod shop has a payroll (they have to eat just like you do Tubby) to make each week and they build some of the finest cars in Texas and most other states also, they have to please the client as long as the TITLE is in the client&#8217;s name he makes the call as to the mods to the car.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    May God bless <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">TEXAS</st1:State></st1:place> and Bruce&#8217;s Hot Rod Shop.<o:p></o:p>
    Danny, Bruce & Kay are some of the finest people that you will ever meet. <o:p></o:p>
    Rusty Springs, their friend

15. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Nice one, im waiting f&#246;r the after pic's :)

16. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

i second that lets see some progress pics....damn it!!

17. Dyce

Dyce

Let me guess. The guy who owned the car is a heart doctor and buisiness is slow? He should be buisy now :).

What pissed me off the most? I think it at least diserved a Hemi!!!

18. Like I said, you must like typing. And stick to restoring.

19. Yea!!! Somone else that feels that these cars have personalities!
    When my '29 was an altered I couldn't take it out without a problem. When I decided to make a hot rod out of it things just started to fall into place. I STILL believe that the old war horse was tired of racing and wanted a more sedate life. Cut it up, to me a nice hot rod is every bit as important as a resto car. Mike

20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I can understand the motive, I started with an almost perfect car also.
    It's so much easier this way.

Attached Files:

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

So how is it progressing?

22. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

i love this thread, so many folks with their knickers in a bunch over one car like its the last one on the planet.

23. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I can't believe I missed this thread! I just read through everything and I'm just blown away! HOT RODDERS MY ARSE! Is this stockford.com? Comparing Danny to a drug dealer? You guys are pathetic! My only question to Danny is , " How big are the slicks gonna be and how low are you going to chop it?!"

24. H3O

H3O

first thing that popped in my mind too.

25. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Yea Danny, how bout some progress pics?

26. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

27. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

the chassis is going well.all the crossmembers are in,along with the motor mounts.got the rearend brackets welded onto the early ford tubes.the stainless rear ladderbars are built and welded up.after the rear bars i machined the mounts for the front of the bars,and welded them on.wednesday afternoon i took it out of the jig,and did the final welding on the crossmembers.after that i started on the front end.i am running hand made stainless hairpins.i have one side of the hairpins fabed,with the frame brackets tacked in.monday i plan to finish the hairpins,and install the front shock mounts.

i'll make shure to post updated pictures on monday.

glad you guys like the thread.

-danny

28. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I love to make shit go fast...but damn. This almost seems to easy and almost a sin.
    The original owner should have sold this off and bought a repop body...then hack that bitch up and race it.

29. 54BOMB

54BOMB

stainless oooooh :D
    sounds like some killer work.
    cant wait for the pictures.

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job Danny! This has the potential to be a good one and I am looking forward to the pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.