Register now to get rid of these ads!

Killer scores UNDER $100...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Apr 24, 2008.

1. '89 Dodge Ramcharger I paid $50 for. One water pump and a trans fluid and filter and I drove it around for a while. 360 in it, too.

More recently I bought a '58 Buick Special 4dr for $50 off a lady who wanted it out of the yard. Sold just the owner's manual and dealer envelope out of it for $46. The stripped shell still brought over $100 at the scrapyard - the frame was pretty roached in it. Anyone need a near perfect two-tone blue rear seat? I hated to throw it away, it still had the remains of covers on it and the vinyl and cloth under it is perfect.

2. 67 mustang nodular 9 " rear end, 3.91, limited slip, $20 drum to drum. Slid it through the snow on a 67 Fairlane hood. Sold the center section for $700. The housing is under a '53 dodge.

3. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

got a 95 s-10 blazer for free from my uncle, just had to drive it home.
    im getting ready to go and pull a 440 out of a old ass doge motor home that's siting in the woods near my house, i guess that's free, and i once got and odd dual ford 300 6cy crank to crank set up for $85and they ran.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got a '56 Chevy that was licensed & running, but needed a set of tires and a brake job, for $15.00......of course it WAS in 1962, but it was still a steal even back then !!

5. Just Jones

Just Jones

the $50 model A roadster has to be the big prize here! Nice score!

6. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

1960 Canadian Pontiac Stratochief I got for $1.00... just haul it away. It's all there, but rusty. Disassembly will tell if I got my money's worth or not.

Attached Files:

7. HOTRODDORK

HOTRODDORK
    from Michigan

I got this 28/9 sedan for free 2 years ago

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      121.2 KB
      Views:
  8. billylo

billylo

Free dash for my 32. Its who you know not what you know!

[​IMG]

9. SANTO_DIABLO

SANTO_DIABLO

I got a 61 Merc grill for $50 which i plan on putting on my dads 60 Impala.
    a T-5 for my 235 chevy for $45.
    6 stromberg 97's and a Howard 5x2 intake and original Fenton headers for $600

10. 64chrysler300

64chrysler300

back in 1972 when my dad was 14 his cousin gave him a 1952 chevy 2 dr deluxe coupe. it had a good body with little rust, fenderskirts, and a windshield visor. the 216 6 in it was blown and he got a 1949 4 door chevy that was made into a truck for free from some old lady and used the good motor in the 49 and took out the blown motor in his 52 and put the 49 motor (216 straight 6) in his 52. after that the 49 went to the scrapyard.he sold the visor and fenderskirts (which now he regrets) from his 52 and drove it arond with cragars on it. the 49 motor gave out years later and he got a better 235 6 cylinder and swapped the 216 with the 235. years after that he sold it to his brother and he drove it and sold it.

11. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Take your pick...... most a this I found in dumpsters :)

Attached Files:

12. casper

casper

Wow Bluto! That is incredible. I also laughed when I read this thread, because I kept thinking that I never have $100. in my pocket, so pretty much everything I have has been purchased for less than that! My pick of your collection is the yellow 30's midget and Damn, you were not kidding about owning a bunch of old helmets! Please post more pictures of everthing! Thanks.

13. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Hey Bluto,

I have that same Monza poster and the Silverstone poster as well. In fact, I have (or had) a pile of both. I wonder if you got those from me or if we got them from the same person. I like the Norton also.

Kurt O.

14. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

At the Rust Revival there was a guy there that rolled in late in a pickup truck.
    The had a SW tach from the 50's. His Price $5.
    SOLD says I!
    So I'm looking around his stuff and see a tranny adator. I ask him "How much?"
    He says "I'd rather sell the lot all-together for $50"
    The LOT included: 1 Eddy Edmunds Olds intake, a pair of Offy Olds valve covers and the adaptor.
    SOLD!

15. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

That midget is Miller cost a bit more than $100 but the parrot was free so it evens out. :)

I have had those two posters soooooo long maybe Wally Wesse? And for sure free but 30 years ago honest.....

None of that stuff is there now. Most is packed up......

Otherwise I post my accordian collection.

16. Burny

Burny

I just picked up a BMX R75-R- free. Cleaned the carbs, replaced the gas and it fired...No picts yet.

17. reversehalo

reversehalo
    from Waxhaw, NC

My dad came to visit a few weeks ago, and I was telling him how a set of decent sombreros are going for a couple hundred on ebay, and that since hubcaps aren't a priority right now since they won't help get my Caddy done and running, there's a lot better ways I could spend a couple bills.

Just out of the blue, he said he thought he might have a set of old Caddy hubcaps back home, buried in the shed or the garage someplace.

Sure enough, he had four 57 Caddy caps, like new, and he's givin'em to me for free.

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

19. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

This week I scored a Step Shear, Sheetmetal Break, about $1000 worth of steel tubing & etc., 8 sets of double hump chevy heads and the Cranks shaft I had posted this morning to get help ID'ing for $300. Thought it was a pretty good deal. Went back the next day and my buddy got 2 BBC, 6 sets of heads, 3 Steel cranks, 3 cast cranks, boxes of rods, 2 sets of pistons and one GM as cast uncut steel cranks for $300. Gotta love good deals

20. zombo27

zombo27
    from E-town Ky.

How about 2 239's a 289 and a 302? How about a c4, an AOD a free 8.8 rear a free 9 inch rear? Free radiator free tires, free seat cushions..................... I am not bragging by the way. This is just some free stuff I got.

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

Yea, that was easily a $500 car in 62...if you could find one.

22. lewislynn

lewislynn

1995 I got a nice little 88 Ford Ranger pickup free. It had a 4 banger with an automatic. The owner thought it had a blown transmission and it smoked really bad. I didn't know what was wrong with it untill I got it home.

The engine was sucking the trans fluid through the modulator valve and they were adding trans. fluid in the crankcase...

New modulator, fresh oil and it ran like a top just in time for my daughter's first car.

23. Running, driving 40 ford tudor....$8.00
    29 Model A coupe less motor/trans.....free
    Offy 4 barrel intake and rochester carb for flathead...$15
    NICE rust-free 50 ford tudor parts car..no motor....$15
    Running 50 ford crestliner with cracked block...$50
    Excellent 53 Merc motor for the crestliner.....$15
    running, driving 40 chevy tudor...$10
    Perfect black 41 ford tudor sedan with siezed flathead...$24
    I could go on for pages but damn! I'm old and fifty bux was a weeks wages for a high school kid working full time.

24. mickticulus

mickticulus

Chasing hemi parts last year a guy told me he removed a dual quad setup 25 years ago from a car that was abandoned in a creek bed. It was hangin' on some nails in the barn since that time.....he figured it was worth $50....Ended up being a '57 plymouth 318 dual quad setup - intake, carbs, linkage, fuel line, water neck, no air cleaners.....I 'found' the air cleaners for $300.

Picked up some $150 15x8 magnesium torque thrust D's at a local swap meet recently, they were underneath the guys van. He bought them the day before for $50 thinking they were mag but then he decided they were just aluminum so he was happy to make 200% on his investment.....They are mag and I was happy to save 80%. Appear to never have had a tire mounted or a lugnut on them....happy days.

The deals are still out there today, you just have to ask around and look a little harder!

25. Abomination

Abomination

Still have it?

~Jason

26. laid55

laid55

free!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my son has since taken it over.
    [​IMG]

27. When I was senior in high school my dad had a friend that was moving to Chicago from Portland,Or and he had probably the most beat-up 4 door 57 Chev and possibly the biggest driveable beater work car I've ever seen. Only straight panel was the roof car was dented everywhere and even had a couple of forklift pokes on the driver side. Well they came over for Sunday lunch couple days before leaving and he shows up driving the beast and his wife driving their 69 Impala. I'm sitting on the front steps and he comes up and hands me the keys and title to the 57 and makes some remark that since I was always playing with cars that he decided to gift me his car. (saving him a call to the junkman) Well being 17 and not realizing my dad had just come out on the porch I replied that that car was not worth spending the money to transfer the title on. Without any hesitation he pulled out his wallet pulled a 10 out and stuck the keys,title and 10 bucks in my front shirt pocket. Car was FREE but the shit I got from my dad after they went kinda soured an already unwanted deal.

28. candyman

candyman

I picked up a 49 merc for 100 like 8 years ago...

29. Abomination

Abomination

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

~Jason

30. James427

James427
    BANNED

What a schmuck. Make the guy feel like crap for TRYING to do you a favor. As a kid, me an ALL of my friends would have killed for ANYTHING that you didn't have to pedal!! A car, ANY car that ran represented freedom.