Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holy shit, close call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie Nash, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Just got a call from the guy that owns the storage space where my car is stored :mad:. I am scheduled to get it out of there July 31 and someone broke in last night!!!! I rushed out there and luckily nothing was gone. It's probably because the car doesn't run and is in pieces. I've spent the last 2 months building a shed to get all of the crap out of the garage so I can get the car back home. Man, thought I lost the car 2 days before it was finally going to come home!!!!!!

2. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

We all have close calls!

3. rippedcamel

rippedcamel
    from Florida

Man I hate thieves! 5 minutes alone with scum like that would be a blast!

4. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

All I want is a baseball bat and 10 minutes alone with them

5. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

I was a loss prevention manager for a corporation in the late 90's. Whatever they saw last night they couldn't figure out a way to get, they now know what to get tonight when they bring the truck.

Thieves tend to work in two stages. First stage is "scouting" the area, second stage is coming back for the goods after they know what is where and how they have to get it.

If I was you I'd rather it be setting at my back door on my property in the wide open than where a known thief has already been scouting.

As far as close call, I doubt it's over.

6. The thief is probobly just lonely. Needs a talking to. I would love talk to him with my baseball bat with 16 penney nails driven half way on the top of the bat with the heads cut off. It would be a relatetively short conversation...Mikey

7. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Awwwww c'mon... drug addicts need love too!!! I bet he's hurting on the inside when he unloads all your honest hard work for a $10.00 bag of chemicals. Have some sympathy for the poor guy, where's your heart?!!!

Man, sorry just trying to liven it up a bit! I'm with Midnight on this one, you better be down there tonight protecting your goods! My shop got hit once by a few of these steamin' piles of sh*t, now i don't keep anything of value very far away from me. A known cache of booty to a drughead is a f*ckin' pot'o'gold, they'll be back!

Brother, for your sake, I pray we get get any unhappy updates!

Best wishes!

-DON-

8. I have had similar instances such as the one described and all have happened just one or two days before a "Move"...!

Since I rent a garage in town right in front of a parts store I get my share of "Snoopers"... they walk in my garage and act as if it's my duty to tell the all about me and my cars!!!

Well three nights ago I drove past my garage and saw a suspicious shadow and sure enough it was a guy that has seen my garage and was nosing around midnight between the garages and when I asked "What he was doing?" he gave me some lame ass answer like he saw a light coming from the cracks in the door and was checking to see if I was in there...!

Needless to say... there's no reasoning with the "Crackhead" so the past 2 days I've been hauling my valuable shit out to a secured hanger at the airport!

I hope you find a safer home from these idiots!!!!

9. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Olds37Dude,

Is the signal gettin' to 'ya friend?

Take it from Wingnuts and myself, we've given you specific examples to your situation. Move your stuff out!!! Take the day off work, whatever you gotta do, man... do not become a victim! Move on this, it some hype thinks he can get $5.00 for your stuff, it's gone!

Those guys and skanky women drive through my industrial complex where my shop is all night long, that's their work day... 7:00pm to 6:00am. Seriously, whatever it takes, to a friend or family members house for a couple of days, just just everything out of there. Believe me, they've told 20 other tweakers about your stuff. Someone will nick you and all you'll have is regret.

Just tryin' to help,

-DON-

10. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Been there. Loss more than I want to remember. Still find my things showing up at swap meets after 12 years and stories of cars that turned out to be mine in salvage yards for scrap.

Rent a Uhaul truck. Rent some friends. Fill the truck and park it at your house. RIGHT NOW!

11. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I dunno if it's the case where you're stored, but if any of you guys are considering those U-store-its for a project, be sure to ask if the units are seperated to the ceiling. Most of em when you get in the building the walls end at 8' or 10', no ceiling. So a guy could rent one unit, lock himself and a ladder inside his own empty unit, then walk on top of the walls to gain access to all the other units. Anything that can be carried doesn't even require cutting a lock so the rental managers won't know until another tenant reports missing items. Could be weeks or months.

12. RacerRick

RacerRick

I agree, get your stuff out of there immediately. They have tried to steal my stuff from my shop, but the old, crotchety, well armed, neighbor watches over it.

Apparently the sound of him racking a shell into the chamber made them rethink their current career choice.