Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The AMOCAT Open House: Behind the Scenes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Bones, Jul 28, 2008.

1. To say AMOCAT's Open House in Puyallup, WA this past weekend was fun would be quite an understatement. There's something very special happening up here in the Pacific Northwest.

Let's begin our trip to Puyallup, shall we? Clean shirts, socks, deodorant, and toothbrush- check. Tightened nuts and bolts- check. 5 year old daughter of buddy / Chief mechanic's OK to role- check.

[​IMG]

Arrive and immediately encounter official AMOCAT mascot/greeter. "What's up BudeeEEYYYY."

[​IMG]

Food is on the grille and smells good-

[​IMG]

This is Jumbo, he'll eat your girlfriend-

[​IMG]

People begin rolling in. Lots of people. 100's of people-

[​IMG]

Go Cougars!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of neat old neon around the shop-

[​IMG]

Rob of RJB Photo set up and got right down to busines. Good dude. Good job-

[​IMG]

Them boys is from Utah. What the...

[​IMG]

No comment-

[​IMG]

Working hard to maintain composure while still not commenting-

[​IMG]

What?

[​IMG]

Guy above has strange resemblance to Val, who completely dominated his accordion-

[​IMG]

The notorious Shawn Harvey and his lovely wife Jackie, who looks nothing like Val-

[​IMG]

The Swindler, the fabricator/amp guru, the Mayor of Georgetown, and the artist-

[​IMG]

The man behind AMOCAT-

[​IMG]

It all gets a bit fuzzy right about now, but I do recall something about Swindlers getting swindled-

[​IMG]

Fast forward to Sunday and a Rumble seat ride over to the Fairgrounds for the AMOCAT boys to pick up their much deserved and appreciated Trophy from Kirk and the GoodGuys crew. The gentleman driving is the hands behind AMOCAT, Josh Higgins. The gentleman to the right of Josh is the son of the late chassis builder and fuel car driver John Shoemaker, who will be fondly remembered-

[​IMG]

And here's the Crown Jewel, winner of the previously mentioned GoodGuys award-

[​IMG]

Not a bad warm up before Hotrod-a-Rama, no? Come on out next weekend for an equally good time.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Most excellent pics thank you!

3. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

4. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

Great pics! Wish I could of been there. Kinda weird that my truck is parked behind the AMOCAT hauler.
    Paul

5. damn fucking Josh, I knew you had it in you, your work is looking real on point. Your really stepping it up wish I could afford to come out with Jay and check out Amocat and the Hotrodarama. You guys deserve that award that crown jewel looks beautiful. Good to see that Lost Souls plaque displayed.

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Can't wait for Thursday night!!!

7. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

Great pics anthony...i seem to remember you taking a lot of pics...i think. "things getting fuzzy" is an understatement!!

Thanks again to the whole AMOCAT crew for having us!!

8. Nice pics Anthony...What is this "Swindlers getting Swindled" bullshit? Perhaps I was in the "things getting fuzzy" stage at that point.

Thanks for the party Steve, you guys always put on a great event.

9. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for the pics

10. All those Swindlers and not one pieface? Looked like a killer time though.

11. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

could it have anything to do with MANdrew making 13 bucks the fun and easy way with a creeper????? HA!

12. Ah yes. I remember now....

and Burns, I've got some pieface pics around here somewhere...

13. Swindlers and pie face? Nah...

[​IMG]

14. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

here's a shot of me "helping" with RJB's shoot... it took years of schooling to learn the fine art of "making nipples pointy with ice cubes"...i'm available for any other gals that would like to be able to etch glass with there nippies....

i'm not entirely sure what the hell Molly Kate is doing,,,but it looks like she's enjoying herself,,,and the poor model just looks horrified....HAHAHA....but she was a good sport for sure.

Anthony,,you get any shots of Izzy the pin-up queen?? that girl RULED all the others!!!

Attached Files:

15. anthony,
    great pics, thanks for sharing. i just love that amocat deuce roadster any more pics of it.
    Al.

16. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Loose Holes! As Josh would say.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.

17. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Anthony,

Thanks for posting the pics. What a great weekend. I will have a formal thank you put up later. The pics are great. See you this weekend.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emp.

18. Oldsmopile

Oldsmopile

I had to drive Andrew's car home Sunday. Lets just say he left some stripes down the side of it while on the freeway. Go cougs!!!

19. rodncustom

rodncustom

Very good pictures...

20. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

more banana smoothies??? i didn't think there was anything left in that kid!!

21. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Thanks for the great pics.

You guys really don't know how to have fun. Always cars, food, beer and girls, get a life...

--mika

22. Joe King

Joe King

Well Mr. Anthony while you and all the cool people were having fun playin with cars and such I'm up here fishing in Alaska. You know the worlds most dangerous job! Nice pics! Hey you put the ice cubes down...

23. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

fishings for pussies, high-end salon work is the worlds most hair raising danger action, don't you watch tv?

24. Three words- bring me fish. Well, two more words- be safe.

25. CGkidd

CGkidd

Man what a great time. Cool pics.

26. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Got more pics???

27. A handful more, and that's it...

My little sweetie Izzy-

[​IMG]

My boy and the owner of the flaked out Zigzagatron, Erik Johnson, along with the great Mike Soldano-

[​IMG]

Completely fucked picture of Kirk, who broke my expensive lens with his dashing good looks-

[​IMG]

Respect John Shoemaker-

[​IMG]

Uh, yeah-

[​IMG]

The Amocat 32 Roadster-

[​IMG]

If I can get the alcohol blood level just right I'll see if I can get a little something going for Hotrod-a-rama pic.'s too.

28. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Erik digs on Agnostic Front eh? Never woulda guessed!

if all goes we'll we'll be arriving tommorow night, can't wait.

29. Erik digs on anything when there's queer-ness involved. You should see the "Queen" poster in his living room.

30. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

hey now! Theres nothing wrong with a little bit of Queen from time to time...

everything in moderation... haha

looking forward to seeing the Panty-dropper!