Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Salina Ks. event pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Jul 27, 2008.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

It was HOT !!! Gained a whole new appreciation for ice cold beer and motel rooms with A/C. Despite the heat and humidity it was a great weekend hung out with hamb people most the time and got to meet and talk with a bunch of new hamb folks ( Paso John, McPhail, Mongo51, Mick, a few other Beatniks,Poverty Flats, ) and the list goes on. The event seemed to be very well attended by HAMB members and even saw a banner put up by the KKOA saluting the Jalopy Journal.
    Love these shows, the attitude of the custom world in general to me, seems to be so much more laid back and easy going without the high strung, power parking 20" wheel individuals you see at so many of the generic multi event shows across the country. If you haven't been to a KKOA event it's worth checking out. Here's a few pic's. Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Nice to set and talk with you gary.......wish it could have been longer, the heat just really wears you down and us old fat boys gotta sleep.

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

more pic's

Attached Files:

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Last one's.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008

5. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

RGV

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

keep em comin baby!!

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Always good to see you Jeff, don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at your Caddy. Thought it was really cool to see you bring your son along for the fun. Gary

8. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Great to see you Gary! Hopefully will see you at the HAMB drags!

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yep, good to see you and meet the new boys from the shop. Definetly will be in Joplin. The friday nite drags this weekend were a blast. Gary

10. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I took a few pics, for no reason other than they looked cool or funny at the time. enjoy.
    PICS

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the pics, Gary! Had another great weekend with you - what a blast!

Malcolm

12. mikes51

mikes51

Thanks for the pics.

Very interesting, haven't seen this approach before. Sure works though.

[​IMG]

13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks for sharing the pics Gary. I went to one in Janesville WI a few years back. It was a great show. I wish it would have worked out better.

Might have to make one again. The big bling stuff is turning my stomach around here. LOL

14. carkiller

carkiller

Gary I had a great time chasing your TOO COOL wagon all weekend. Cal

15. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Look again...

Its cut, and dropped down straight at the b pillar. I suppose it isnt hard to make the rear metal line up when you make up for the roof shift by leaning the a pillar waaaay back. It is creative but thats going to be one ugly roof when its done.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It was so much fun hanging out with you again! I love your wagon (even though...:D) Thanks for everything, I had a great time.

17. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'll be sure and tell Mr. Hines it won't look good. :D

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

It was great seeing you Gary. Thanks for posting the pics. Your wagon looked great and I enjoyed riding around looking for open restuarants in Salina in it.....

See you in a few weeks in Joplin!!!!

19. 65 impala

65 impala

thanks for sharing your pics pics go a longways when you cant be their

20. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

did they do the 777 award this year? If so what got it?

21. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Glad you were able to make the trip with us Cal, always fun having you around

You know we love ya, and it wouldn't be the same if you guys weren't around. Thanks for coming

Open restaurants in Salina, "Whats That " Thanks for the guided tour anyhow. The chicken place in your town was great. Hope to see you and your coupe in Joplin. Gary

22. bugnastynastybug

bugnastynastybug

23. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

24. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Did he do that one? I was going to say it looked like the Bill Hines chop covered in a mag recently. I started a thread about it. Legendary name indeed, but that Merc roof looked confused as well. Here's the old thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214572

Open mind though with a name like that. Id love to see it done either way and see the outcome.

25. sololobo

sololobo

Nice pix Gary!! I would like to mention that Garys way cool 64 longroof was in the running for best paint. It is really fab work by the great Jeff Meyers who was there with his bad ass Caddy!! Both the wagon or Caddy were equal to the winner from Austin! As mentioned the weather was hotter than an old bachlors dreams!! But the cold beer and A.C. cured it all. Really fun at the meet and greet, great H.A.M.B. attendance!! Rock On!! Sololobo-----Busy assembling the SMOKERS RACE TEAM for the H.A.M.B. drags, when I try to bust 30 seconds in the Plymouth!!!

26. rustnpz

rustnpz

27. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Larry, nice to see you gettin the wagon out on the road. Glad you made the trip, was good to see you. Gary

Really like the woody you built, was one of my favorites. Gary

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great shots, thanks for posting. You must have had a secret spy camera cuz I don't remember you taking all those shots. I really enjoyed spending time with you and the rest of the Omaha boys this weekend. I can't thank ya enough for picking us up and hailing us around all weekend. I certainly appreciate the red carpet treatment. Also, thanks so much for the quiet guest room too. I can't hang all night, party like a rock star and then function the next morning like those young kids we hang with.:D

See ya in a couple of weeks sweetie. xoxoxo

29. Educate me on the 777 award. I have seen it mentioned a few times so it must have some significance

30. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I was happy to help ya out and always enjoy your company, even if I did have to take shots all weekend about not being able to put the top down on the wagon. Gary

I believe it is the Best of Show Award and went to Mark Moriarity. Gary