Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Good wife????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.C., Jul 27, 2008.

1. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

Alright here it is,
    I have had my roadster for the last 10 years or more built it in high school and drove the piss out of it. I have a ton of storys about drunkin road trips to the KKOA event in Sherman, long ass drive to 4 corners NM,a few trips to Kansas and a few to the Texas beach. Plus I have a ton of pics with my little kido trying to work on it, just a lot dam memorys.
    I have never thought about selling it at all, because it was my first build and all the memorys. So last week I got side tracked and put it up for sale or trade. My wife found out and got kinda pissed about the whole idea of selling the roadster, kinda shocked me there.... So I thought what the hell I will see what happens and so far nothing has really caught my eye and would never take the place of the roadster.
    I have listened to my dad that has built many cars and had to sell them for some reason and always wishes he could have kept that one car. I am going to listen to my wife and hold on to the roadster.
    Later
    RC

2. Wesley

Wesley

you have a keeper there. both the roadster and the wife.

3. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

I found a new hot rod that "I need" so i mention to the wife that if I am going to try and drag another one home maybe one should go and tell her I was thinking about selling my 52 5 window truck. She stopped me before I finished my thought and told me I needed another hot rod project like I needed another hole in my head and that there was no way I was selling my truck, but if "really needed this new project we would just have to figure out another way as I am not to get rid of any of my current rides! God I LOVE THAT WOMEN!!

4. greenmachine53

greenmachine53
    BANNED

Have been dealing with alot of dr. bills lately and was thinking about selling my 53 Ford sedan project to cover some. I ran it by the wife and and she more pissed at that than when she found out I had 15 cars stashed at a buddies house. She told me since I've sold my other projects to pay things off that I'm going to finish this one or no more can follow me home. She sure stopped me from making that mistake again..

5. I think you should keep it.
    Speaking from personal experience you will regret it.

6. Black Magic

Black Magic

Keep it you will not regret it.

7. roadracer

roadracer

I dont have the money to fix the broken trans in my catalina - but the wife insists that when the annual bonus comes in thats the first thing that'll be fixed. she says that "we gotta have SOME fun". gotta love that!

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

Recently I sold my 37 Chevy PU farmer hot rod. My wife wanted me to keep it but I told her I had it long enough and am ready for something different.I bought something newer that's not exactly HAMB friendly but she pretends to like it anyways.
    An actual statement by my wife about women in general." I would rather put on boots and trudge through a field to look at a tractor stuck in the mud than go shopping at the mall for shoes"

9. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Having a good woman who likes the cars is one thing but if she likes the roadster you got a keeper. If she's willing to ride around with the wind and dirt and dust and her hair getting messed up and all the things women complain about she is definately a keeper!

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

It does sound as if you need to keep them both. (wife and roadster) Seems there are many on here that their cars are a "family" event. 200 mile plus round trip yestarday with the wife and 6 year old and it was a fine day together.

My wife isn't pleased when I bring things home that are "broke" as the 6 year old puts it so I try to keep that at a minimal.

11. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

that is a good choice, to keep it!

i have built several and wish i would have kept the 57 tri 5 wgn that i had, but my dumb ass sold it, my wife looks at the cars now as -- i will keep them for a bit then sell them and never have one to drive around in -- but my current project she is egging me on to finish so she can drive the damn thing

finding a good women to put up wih us is a hard thng to find these days, you better listen to her !!!! lol

12. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Ditto. Keep the wifey, keep the car. Or hell, sell it to her! Gals that like cars that much are rare. Gals that like cars are a dime a dozen. I call them tire-biters. That is awesome for you and the other fellas that have cool ladies! Truckedup, your lady does have a point, but I must admit, I really really really like shoes. It's hard being a car girl, because I have to buy parts and whatnot plus the obligatory female acoutrements. I'm double broke!

13. eightbanger

eightbanger

Don't be that guy that lives with regret of letting that cool car go! If your wife is pissed its probably because she knows you will regret it. Keep it.

14. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Send her flowers giver her a long foot massage - she's a keeper.

I went through two (wives that is) that knew I was a total car guy and I had several when we got married. Then soon after, it was THE central reason we never had a better TV, sofa, patio, dishes, or whatever!

Now I've got the best - as long as she has a nice, reliable driver, I can do whatever I want. Lately she's been wanting me to build her a Ranchero for a daily. Oh-Yeah.

15. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

ok, got the vechile that i will not part with, now where can i find a wife like that?

16. You are a lucky man! Statistics have shown that married men live longer than single men. The reason is that our wives keep us from doing STUPID things! Listen to her, you would be SICK if you sold the roadster!

Interesting side story about my wife and I. On Sunday, July 6th we were leaving Des Moines GoodGuys and there was bad weather all around. We took an alternate route to miss most of it plus we were just generally worried about the drive home since this was the first road trip on the Deuce pickup. We made it home OK, but we both completely forgot about the fact that it was our 35th wedding anniversary until a couple of days later. She didn't care and said it was just another day and it was ther other 364 days of the year that mattered to her. I feel the same way about her today as when I met her 37 years ago.

17. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yessir, Ranchero's are muy suavecito!!

My wife is not a car person, but she tries to understand my dis-order. Many years ago we used to carpool and, for whatever reason, we took my Galaxie. It was in the afternoon, coming home, that we pulled up to a light and this rumpety Jeep pulls up next to my equally audible Ford, he's blipping the throttle, I'm looking over at him, past the wife, and she say's "go ahead", hahaa, that was great! Squeeked past Jethro too.....

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

RC, I wish I would have kept all the cars!!!!!:rolleyes::D

19. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Yeah Ryan, keep the ol roadster. It's been through some changes, and is now top notch. Your ol lady is just keeping your head on straight.

Jeremy

20. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I agree with Wesley, you have a keeper with both your car and wife. Unless you have to sell it for financial reasons, don't. I have been with my wife for 38 years and wish I had of kept my first rod that I had when I met her--we had a blast in it!

Attached Files:

21. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Keep her at all costs! Mine sometimes gives me a strange look, but in the long run she loves me and wants me to be happy. She goes with me to pick up cars and helps in the driving. We went to get my 50 olds 98 and she loves that car, so comfortable that she slept for at least six hours in the back seat. Glad to have her.

22. projim64

projim64

I have had offers on buying my 64 Comet and my wife is the first one to say no way. She says , that I am misserable enough when it is not running ,what would I be like if it was gone!!!!!

23. Hey RC,

My roadster has managed to outlast many all of my girlfriends. I'm sure it will outlast who ever my wife turns out to be as well! A mate of mine just got married yesterday in a friends hot rod shop. Turned the inside of the garage into a reception area, spit roast out the back, cruised INTO the venue in a 51 shoebox and proceeded to get hitched. Now thats a wife you want to keep!

Danny

24. Phxsinner

Phxsinner

I have been having some financial dealings and getting ready to go to the National Academy of Railroad Sciences in Kansas in November and was really thinking of selling my 30 5w coupe to be able to pay for the tuition. working two jobs without a day off for about the past 5 months has really worn me down, but i am raising money to go to school and try and finish the car.

my wife surprised the shit out of me when i told her i was gonna sell it to make sure i had the school money and also to be able to leave her some behind and she said no way. usually she is like well we can get another car later, but this time she see's how hard i been working while she was a stay at home mom with our two kids. She gave me a big long emotional talk about how i am trying to improve myself and our family by going back to school, so she went out and got herself a full time job, her money is gonna pay the bills, and she's gonna give me the rest to help finish the car before i leave to school.....

once again to me she has proven to be the best thing in the world for me and i wouldnt trade her for another!!!

25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You have a good wife. You need to set her up with power of attorney and entirely stop making decisions yourself!

26. I say sell the roadster & ditch the wife.

It'll give you something to bitch about.

JH

27. My wife tells she doesn't care if I sell the car, but she isn't going to listen to me whine about it if I do. She'd rather put up with all the junk in the garage.