Register now to get rid of these ads!

good ways to make money for projects?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyguy469, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Memph

Memph
    from Washington

Keep an eye on free items on craigslist, me and my dad have gotten some pretty cool stuff off of there.

2. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

get a lawn mower and start a lawn service on the side.

3. diggers4life

diggers4life

When I was 17, I worked about 35 hrs a week at a service station after school and on weekends. I Pumped gas, fixed tires, changed oil, and did some AAA towing and stuff. I had waaay more extra money then than I do now. Once I bought a house and had kids, I kinda said goodbye to all my extra funds. ;)

4. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

Look around your town for cars sitting, such as 5.0 mustangs suv's small pickups you can buy any one of them ,from $500-$1000 fix the little things that will be wrong them ,detail and resell them, try to make at least $1,000 per car it works I do it all the time , use the craig's list it's a great way to find cars, just rember this ,you make your money when you buy your car, meaning if you buy it right you can always sell it for a profit,it works I have been doing it for 20 years, I just pick up a 1990 dark green 5.0 mustang convt. for $1,200 dollars, .I will have to spend 150.00 on it to make it right . It runs drives great and has cold a/c . I will list this car for 3,700 you do the math.

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

;)sell yourself to older women

6. rabidcustoms

rabidcustoms
    from Iowa

hopefully this wont apply to you ,......

sell your kids for medical experiments :D

7. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Technically the selling the kids idea had already been posted.........

At 17 make sure you don't have a kid cause money and time will be a memory.

Do anything to develop a saving habit and work ethic.

Spare time I sling barbeque. It's something anyone can learn and you can get a decent rep from local car shows or firehouse fundraisers. Takes alot of practice to get right so start serving family. I've been doing it for years and I'm just now branching out to catering. Hell it involves fire and food so it's got to be good.

8. OLLIN

OLLIN

Yeah, I do this too sometimes for extra cash. Check estate sales, junk shops, thrift stores, your grandmas friend's garage etc..

Look for antiques that you could sell on ebay or antique shops. Records, vintage clothes, vintage toys, old bikes/schwinns etc. You can probably get this stuff for dirt cheap and turn a profit. If your 17, Im willing to bet you are on the internet a lot anyways. you can search ebay to see what stuff sells for a lot, and after a while you get good at knowing what to pick at garage sales/thrift stores. Sometimes you even find old cars at garage sales that you could easily flip, but that comes later..

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

At 17, I was going to school but had a full time job in a gas station. Since I lived at home, my earnings went to school supplies, clothing and car parts. Now, at 57, I work overtime to support my hobby.

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Since you are young and probably don't have many funds I would also suggest that you go to a small local junkyard and make friends with the owners. See if they will let you look around. Alot of them won't anymore because of liability but after they get to know you they might. Some of them will let you buy some small parts by the pound for scrap price. Then you can resale on the Hamb or Craigslist or Ebay. I do this with wheels sometimes.