Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics Of My 54 Chevy Gasser Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BILLS CUSTOM EXHAUST, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Opps Im Computer Stupid:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I HOPE THIS WORKS THANKS BILL

2. Gerg

Gerg

I think it looks pretty damn cool myself... But then again i have seen it in person lol

3. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Don't be too harsh on yourself. I think it looks great.

4. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

whered the pics go?

5. White on white in a blizzard, the new flat black!-MIKE:eek: :D

6. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

440?
    any chance you could shoot us a pic or two of the steering linkage?

7. Yea Its A 440 And I Havent Started On The Steering Linkage Yet Im Going To Use A Manual Mopar Box Ill Get More Pics When I Get That Far Im Not Going To Do Much More Till After The Drags Me And Louver Dude Are Scrambling To Get His 53 Chev Low Rider Done In Time To Drive Down There And The Body Is Still Off Lol Later Bill

8. dorksrock

dorksrock

very nice looking! the only thing I see that could cause problems is the camber on the wheels seems to be off. maybe its just me!

Jordan

9. Yea I Thought That Too I Got A Guy Here That Aligns Semis And He Will Bend The Axle And Get It Right

10. nice project mate-
    Do you have any current pics of the car?- Ive got a similar project- a 54 chev sedan, that im going to gasser. It'll run a australian straight six, 202 chev motor- with all of the goodies, i beam axel twin leafs front and rear. I'd be interested if you have pics of the steering and front suspension. and general pics of the car as it's come along.
    cheers

tyler

11. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

12. I love that tubular front crossmember, so simple, it's perfect. When you get to thinking about the front clip, Rod 'n Race has the only mold on the planet for a one piece. Tell Eric that Rich said to treat you right!!!

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

14. I built a model of one of those as a gasser when I was a kid, I like it. Hopefully we line up one day! Don

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  15. WOW! I dig the setback on the wedge, what is the axle out of??

16. TERPU

TERPU

The car is really cool. I think you might have the wrong spindles on your axle, or swap them side to side and turn them over. That looks like an F-1 axle? You shouldn't have to bend an axle that much. Or if it's bent I have a stock one here you are welcome to.

Tim

17. Greezy

Greezy

Bill the project looks very cool. Who did the headers?...:D Man you are a pipe bendin fool. See ya in August.

18. Searcher

Searcher

I dig 50's Chevys. Nice work on yours.

Heres a pic of one from the last March meet in Bakersfield. Not gasser style, but it was a cool little drag car. Sorry I didn't get any info on it.

[​IMG]

19. Bills,...I'm the guy you got that axle from (did I talk to you at Cordova?)...
    did you put different spindles on that axle?...or new kingpins? ...it's possible you got the spindles inverted, they shouldn't be that far off-camber....I'm thinkin that's the problem. By the way, that's a 50 Chev pickup axle.
    ...good luck with your project.

20. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

21. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

I really dig the front x member hope you don't mind if I copy that....building a gasser myself....51 Chev. I'm using a 47-55 chev truck beam....stock leaf's

22. Nice look to it, remember a drawing in Rod & Custom a few years back of four different ways to build a 54 and the gasser rendering was my favorite.

23. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Yeah, I remember that one too !

24. I love the car....I'd also like to see the scan of the R&C article if you can swing it.....Keep us posted...I'm a huge '54 Guy...Centurion9

25. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Not Gasser Style ? Funny, That car still runs in a GAS CLASS !

That car was a Straight Axle car back in the day... It has seen MANY engine transplants...

Ran an Early Olds at first, Then went to late Olds, Rumor has it that it also had some RB Chrylser time.. Now runs B/B Chevy.

Local guy to Ventura & that car IS a Real Deal gasser !! His wife runs an axled '37 Chevy Coupe also.

26. I've been trying to figure out the issue for awhile now, I know I have it but what box is the question

27. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool i like the 440 tunnel should be a nice ride!!

28. ComingApart

ComingApart

I'd like to see this too.
    Anybody remember what issue it was?

I'm assuming you can backorder R&C?