Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs This 41 Ford is Haunting me!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I hate when business coupes are chopped like that blue thing on the first page even though its a bad ass car and Id drive it all day long.Just like any 49 -51 Merc or Ford,except for a tudor maybe,these short door roofs should be brought down straight at the b pillar to achieve more 1-4 window length and these days even when thats accomplished ,alot of guys make em too high in the back.The way I see it,copy the Snooky Janich roof or dont fuckin bother.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

I'm partial to `em too...... mine resting in Dublin Georgia getting ready to head up to the "Moonshine Festval"

[​IMG]

and a shot with my boy at the county recreation park in a little show he organized for elementary scool kids

[​IMG]

3. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Paucho;well oh well...36 hugh??.
    well that sucks cause i got rid of it about 2 months ago!!!!!
    but i have a cherry 38-39 ford pickup truck now....:)

4. Janne

Janne

Friend of mine built and owns this car (in Finland). He have had some plans to further body mods. He has been building that only two winters now. Color is actually dark red metallic, not flat black. I designed the fenderskirts:)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  5. Janne

Janne

Do you have still same email? That yahoo one?

6. phat rat

phat rat

Which sub did you use? Front or rear steer? The front steer is wider than the rear steer. Using the rear steer with A-arms narrowed 1 1/2" works ok but does limit wheel choice. This also prevents having a narrow space for the motor. This is the way my 41 is done and with the BBC I needed all the room I could get between the frame rails.

7. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

YES!!! funny i was gonna contact you to do a rendering of my 1939 Ford pick up truck..
    [email protected]

8. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

....Mine's also a rear steer....I bought the Fatman narrowed control arms, and narrowed disc brake kit, and still had to narrow it about 5/8" more....It would have been fine with 14" wheels, but I wanted 15", so they kept rubbing the fenders until I narrowed it some more....I'm happy now that it sits the way I wanted, and drives like an old Nova....:)....BTW, your car is very cool, I watch your posts just in case there's another picture of it....41's are the new 40's....:D:rolleyes:

9. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

[​IMG]

"Perfect" is the word that comes to mind.

10. T-Roy

T-Roy

As beautiful as all the customs posted in this thread are, I'd leave the top alone if I owned a '41. I think they are perfect the way Henry designed em... Or maybe he didn't really design them. Yeah, I don't know all the history behind Fords. But I do know that if I had one I'd leave it as is.

The black suede 41 and Henry Floored's 41 both look perfect. Different styles, yet both are perfection.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  11. phat rat

phat rat

I've got the stock Nova discs on mine. I ran 14's for years and just switched to 15 about 1 1/2 years ago. The front wheels have 4 1/8 backspacing. Thanks for the compliments on mine. Here's a pic I don't think I've posted before. This was in northern Ca. north of Donners Pass

Attached Files:

12. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

.....Ooooh Ya !....That's a very cool car...and I like that it has some serious performance....I have a stock 351W....it's just for reliable power, and it's fine, but no smoke shows....I just drive slow so people can see me and think I'm a cool guy....:DIt hasn't worked yet, but I got my fingers crossed.....:rolleyes:

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i have to agree with you....

14. phat rat

phat rat

Well your car is a custom, so low and slow is the way. I feel mines a hot rod and to me that means a little more in the performance department

15. Chris_Rat

Chris_Rat

When they get chopped too much, they start to look like Beluga whales.

16. HotRodHarry

HotRodHarry

[​IMG]
    This was around 93 or 94 my dad built it starting in 89
    [​IMG]
    this is when my brother & I got it back after almost ten years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the un chopped one belongs to our friend Buddy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh did i mention that its a daily driver from day one. One of these days we'll finish it but havin a load of fun with it in the meantime.

17. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

It's all just a matter of taste. And my taste says that the '41 at the top looks very nice unchopped, and in my opinion that blue one at the other extreme, while being very cool, still looks somewhat oddly proportioned.

I find the mildly chopped examples proportioned better, but still a little boring. No offense to anyone...just my personal taste.

The '46-48's just chop with better results than the '41'42's.

18. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

.....Have a closer look Tom....Ford made a short door coupe and a long door coupe ....these bodies stayed the same( except for the front sheet metal and the dash) from 41 to 48......(just FYI...I'm not one of those guys trying to give you shit):D

19. phat rat

phat rat

Pay attention to what Paucho said. He's right, 41-48 is the same body. It just depends on what cpe they started with, club or business

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for pointing that out, Paucho and phat rat. I should have known better. That's the difference in my mind, not the years.

I should have said that coupes of any year from '41-48 look good with almost any size chop. Business coupes will always look ill-proportioned in my mind.

So were the quarter windows on the bizcoupe smaller, or the whole top?

21. DD

DD
    from illinois

anybody have anymore pics of this car?

22. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

The whole top and quarter windows are smaller....some guys like to chop the long door coupes because they don't like the big long ass on the chopped short door coupes.....It's just a matter of taste....what would be ill-proportioned to one guy, would be cool to the next guy.....I'm an ass man myself......

23. Someone needs to build a sled likke that with a 41 but graft on a chopped 40 MERC roof. Done right it would be jawdropping!

24. phat rat

phat rat

As far as I know the 1/4 windows are the same. Guess being you think the business cpe is "ill-proportioned" chopped you don't like the cpes of Chad and myself. That's ok Funny how in one sentence you say 41-48's look good with any chop and then go on to dis the business cpes

25. Ozzie

Ozzie

Squigy, very odd that I came across this thread, I was working out west and was getting groceries and this car stopped me in my tracks. this was November 2006. Who's is it? Is this a 41?

Attached Files:

26. phat rat

phat rat

yes it's a 41 but it's a Merc not Ford. Check out the passenger door handle

27. Taildragging a 41 Tudor. Is it possible? Would it look cool or corny??
    [​IMG]

28. Janne

Janne

How about something like this for tudor. You get idea even if this is 1946-48 Chevy.
    [​IMG]

29. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

I know this is a 42 but I thought I would share. Compare and contrast. Very few chops look incredible on these year fords but when they are done right... sic.

30. Tanks Janne.

Been thinking about Carsontop and also a Hardtop roof on the Tudor but dont think it will happen this Winter. Maybe i will ask around if there is any good metallguy in Finland that will do the job, just like Lasse Mäenpää did with his Packard.