Register now to get rid of these ads!

9 inch tag decoding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Jul 23, 2008.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

I just picked up a 9 inch that is finally the correct width for the rpu i am building.

The tag on the housing is a follows

WDL AN
    3LOO H 5S

As far as i know it is a posi with 3:00 ratio.

I was told it came out of a 66 ford. It was a coil setup and has the flat tubes...which i believe to be the bigger tube as on the fairlane.

Any one know the rest?

Leon

2. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Galaxies had coils, and Fairlanes had leaf's. You are correct, the tag says it's a 3:00 traction lock Some Galaxies in those years had 93/8" gears. You can easily ID that by looking at the case. The top horizontal web on the front of the case curves down. On a 9" it's straight across. -Mike

3. Skirv

Skirv

4. ascenttm

ascenttm
    from HERE

5. movingviolation

movingviolation

<TABLE id=table1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="98&#37;" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#fae9d1>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WDL-N[/FONT]</TD><TD rowspace="1.5">[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ford Pass., Mercury '66-'68[/FONT]</TD><TD align=middle>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.00[/FONT]</TD><TD align=middle>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9 in[/FONT]</TD><TD align=middle>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]L[/FONT]</TD><TD align=middle>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]28[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Been doing a little snooping of my own and it appears to be this rearend. At this point i wouldnt care what it was.........rears are scarse as hens teeth.

Thank you for the help

leon

6. fitzee

fitzee

Nice score Leon. I was looking at it and something was tell me it was posi. Just need to find out what Posi it is now. eather way another part to cross off the parts list.

7. stretch 1320

stretch 1320