Register now to get rid of these ads!

Terraplanes, Hudsons, and Essexes!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bad Rat Nailhead

Bad Rat Nailhead

Hudson group would be great just bought a 54 super wasp going to kustom it like to see others. draggin large

2. classictint

classictint
    from Orange,Ca

Heres mine 50' Super 6 og paint, currentyly in the air waiting to be 4 linked

[​IMG]

3. sadayo

sadayo

My Jet body has been sitting in final primer for a couple months while paint progress is being made on doors, fenders, etcetra with Chrysler Viper Red.

Attached Files:

4. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Here is the Jet I got not long ago. Looking into a full chassis swap.

[​IMG]

5. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

j man that thing is cool, i didnt know they made a 2 dr jet.

6. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I have only seen one or two others and only in pictures. It is pretty rough but being a 2 door and the lack of them I an going to do my best to save it.

7. I spotted a 1939 112 coupe in Matt's photos of the recent HET Nationals in MA. Long story short, it had been mine back in the late 60's. Sold it to an Army buddy from CT, who eventually sold it to Matt's uncle.

The second '39 coupe is a Super Six that I purchased from an old retired Hudson dealer in Edgewood, MD. It had real low miles, I believe in the 25K range. It went to Ken Williams who then lived in Joppatown, MD.

The 1931 Essex coach was built from a body from Andy Weber, a Hudson limo chassis from Carl Weber (no relation) and a complete drive line from a hot 401 cube AMC Javalin. To make up for the extra 121" wheelbase we hand made the aprons & boards, added to the '31 Hudson hood, used Model A fiberglass front fenders, and built widened fiberglass rear fenders from stock steel parts loaned by Carl who also loaned the gas tank cover for mold making. I had Posie's fill the roof and section the rear window to give it a coach craft look. It went with me to Nebraska, was then sold to make room for my 1930 Rolls Royce Limo Street Rod. Last I heard it was in Arizona or New Mexico.

I have dozens of HET hot rod photos that I will add to this thread in the next few days.

Attached Files:

8. Spent some time today pulling Essex hot rod photos from my old albums. I took these at the Street Rod Nationals, HET Nationals or at independent shows like Gatlinburg, TN

Enjoy

Tomarrow...Terraplanes

Attached Files:

9. More cool Essex rods...The top 3 photos show my Essex Limo and a stock sized coach. Taken at a HET National in Dearborn, MI

Attached Files:

10. More is better...RIGHT

Attached Files:

11. Last bunch for today...

Attached Files:

12. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

that tan 31 with the small block ford is really cool, that is the direction i am heading with my 31, full fendered hot rod that could almost pass for a stocker. wish i knew how he got the front so low, mine sits like a monster truck.

13. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

im sure you guys are getting tired of seeing mine, but here you go anyway.

my 48

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shes finally getting some attention again and im in the process of redoing chop around the rear window due to the fact that i found over 2 inches of bondo back there that the previous owner used to put the curve back in the roof after he hacked the chop. my friend Dwayne is helping me by building a new panel for the back, pretty much have to build an entire new roof from scratch but i will be able to get a better flow with the rear window than i had before, still scary to look at the big hole that used to be my roof . .

[​IMG]
    !

14. That '31 was owned by the old fellow in the photo who lived in El Monte, CA. He had a second Essex and bought the stock motor/trans out of my coach. Shipped it to him from Maryland and then stopped by his house on a business trip to the coast.

15. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

man this thing is the balls .

16. Man, a Merc can only HOPE to look that good!

17. Hey Tetanus. have you checked out the threads I posted on my chop? I realize yours is quite a bit more hammered than mine, but they might give you an idea of how I did mine...

I have a whole 4 door roof skin too if you need one...I could send you the part from the top of the trunk forward if needed.

18. I cut out the piece between the trunk and the window...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moved it up and forward...
    [​IMG]

then made a filler panel across the trunk...
    [​IMG]

19. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

yeah i saw the thread on chopping your top, it came out great btw, i love your car. im trying to get the roof to flow into the trunk kind of like a fast back, it would have been a lot easier to start with an unchopped car but i have to make do with what i have. the skin for the new roof has already been started but making the new sail panels is going to be a pain. thanks for offering the roof section, i might have to take you up on that depending on how things start to look as we get farther along.

P.S. do you know anyone that has window hardware? the plan is to finally have glass in the car and i need regulators, tracks, channel etc.

Erik

20. i have the 4 door regulators. i don't know if they're any different...i can find out for you. i've got to make my own window track, i plan on just bending up some sheet in a press brake...

21. Today for your viewing entertainment, a herd of Hot Rod Terraplanes.

Attached Files:

22. More Terraplanes are better.............

Attached Files:

23. 53hudson

53hudson

For Hudsons with a twist. 1953 Hudson Hornet, 360 mopar 727 auto discs all round cruise GPS etc etc. Also next up and a day in the shop

52 coupe started

Attached Files:

24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Nothing better than the grille on a 37 terraplane.

25. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Found this a few days ago.........
    (pics removed from high bandwidth draw)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  26. Alejandro Sanchez

Alejandro Sanchez
    from El monte

its been on here before but here it is again, hope you like. (50 4door chopped three in in front, to liking in back. front door stretched 11.5 in to make into 2 door.) have fun

Attached Files:

27. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

midnite50 where is the pic of the terraplane in your driveway? i seriously think one of those is in my future.

28. I'd love to get my hands on a 37 2 door sedan...slight chop, skirts, lower it...done.

Attached Files:

29. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Don't know the particulars, but this was my great grandad's "shop truck" way back when. Wish it was still in the family.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008