Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mustang ii steering rack question??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dustyrustee, Jul 16, 2008.

1. did any other cars use the same MANUAL steering rack as the 1979 thru 1993 mustang II ??

the unit with 2 mounting holes, made by trw i think that looks like the earlier units ?

the later unit has a little wider mouniting holes, like the unit morrison uses which i think is a flaming river?

thanks....

2. mustang II's were only made from 74-78. The 79-93 is a whole different car, the commonly called Fox body. 94-04 Mustang's (non modular motor) do have the same eye to eye mounting as the 79-93 which is 15 1/2". not sure if any other Fords have the same dimension.

3. thanks for info....wonder if any non-fords used these racks as well??

4. Big Dad

Big Dad

Sure, racks were used on other cars ..Looking for a certain dim?

5. looking for another make/model vehicle that uses the identical rack unit as the 74-78 MII (manual steer, steel center tube which I believe is a trw made unit ?)......cant find an early mustang, pinto, etc. in the local wreckers...

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

Can you give me some dims, application for a cross ref ?

Kicker is my "go to" guy is in Sturgis for the biker rally :rolleyes: