Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Photography Contest for HAMB Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by C9, Jul 9, 2008.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the sake of this thread and for C9, the brave judge of this here contest... I'm bringing HIS rules back up with a few highlighted points...

Great pictures on this thread though!!

2. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

"THEME - YOUR CAR IN AN INTERESTING PLACE"

I deleted my photo since my car has only been to the drag strip.... not very interesting.

3. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Shakey, IMO nothing wrong with the Drag Strip
    Ron

4. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

My Bro's car at Carlsbad several yrs ago. He's a Hamber also [​IMG]
    Burnout backlit by Sun going down.

5. chopstix

chopstix

my 51 chevy business coupe. I took this picture in small town Nipomo CA. few miles north of Santa Maria. B&W 35mm film camera .

[​IMG]

6. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

A photo at speedweek '06. None are mine.

[​IMG]

7. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

This is my wife's Shine-O-Matic '58. The pic was taken a few years ago by Crow.

[​IMG]

8. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

pic of my dads car not finished yet but a photographer wanted to take pics of it

Attached Files:

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't blame him. The car's nice, too.

10. Ha! I think my car next to your car at a drag strip would be a very interesting place....uh, until you beat me that is....:D

11. river1

river1

one of my favorite shots. don't know which car owner would get the prize but they all are HAMBers and first class rodders.

[​IMG]

later jim

12. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

13. UK Comet

UK Comet

My pic of Nutrockers A Roadster...
    [​IMG]

14. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Ok i give it a shot.

Took it last week when i took my Roadster out for a testdrive.

[​IMG]

15. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

I very much like this one........it gives me warm fuzzies all over.

But seriously, cool pic.

16. customfc

customfc

Here's 1 of my car.
    Taken on a 1000 mile road trip in central Victoria, Australia. Sheep country.
    Bit dry down this way.
    [​IMG]
    Regards
    Alex

17. 2002p51

2002p51

Okay, since the green station wagon parked on the fall leaves is the obvious winner, I thought I would just throw out something just a little different. Not a fancy location, or artsy-fartsy lighting, just a shot of our car while still under construction.

I had just finished up the wiring and tried the lights for the first time. And they actually worked! :)

[​IMG]

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A "contest" like this is very subjective, if I was picking it'd be the black and white just posted by Bash'N"Weld. BUT if 59Buick would have just posted ONE of his..........

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

20. redbeard

redbeard

[​IMG]

probably should have cropped it. Taken at Bonneville, we drove four hot rods out there and back. Trip of a life time.

21. 35 Woodie

35 Woodie

Here's my parts chaser and the nailhead-powered hiboy that it's feeding!

[​IMG]

22. I've been following this thread since C9 first posted it ... and while there has been a few very nice photographs submitted ... IMHO in terms composition none of them comes close to this one by Mr 42:

Sure there are shots of cooler cars ... and of cars in more interesting locales ... but this is not a car show, a "see where I've been" or a popularity contest ... it's a PHOTOGRAPHY contest ... and from a photographic perspective, Mr 42's pic is a very well thought out & executed image. It incorporates most of all of the classic rules of good photographic composition ... e.g., the Rule of Thirds, Simplicity, Contrast, Framing, Texture, Diagonals, Leading Lines, & Color (or in this case varying levels of Grey).

The only criticism I have of Mr 42's photo, is that there's no person driving the roadster ... the photo would have been much better if we saw the back of a driver's head! ... oh well, like he said, he was taking it for a test drive ... not trying to win a photography contest on the HAMB.

Again, I agree that there are some other photos on here that are pretty darn nice ... but many of them have some composition "issues" ... and lastly, did I ever mention how much I hate trees, poles, or the like "growing" out of the hood or roof of a car (oh yeah, I did ... back on page 13).

Just my two cents ...
    Hemi32 (son of a professional Photographer)

PS ... If you are wondering why I haven't submitted a photo ... it's because all of my photographs of my (or other HAMBers) cars are mediocre composition-wise. I've got literally 1000's of B&W prints & negatives, Color prints & negatives, Chromes (slide transparencies), and Digital images of Rods & Customs ... but for the most part they are just really good (technically sound) pictures of cars ... vice really well composed photographs that just happen to have "a car in an interesting place" as the subject.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

you guys are un-fuckn-believable :rolleyes:

24. Oh, I stand corrected on my criticism ... if you look really close at the photo, you can clearly see the top of HAMBr Littleman's head on the driver's side of the car. :D

Denise ... who? ... me? ... not me ... I'm just an opinionated a-hole. :)

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No, not you, I was typing mine as you sent yours.
    I'm talking about the guys that didn't/can't read the directions and follow them AFTER they've been stated so many times. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

26. Oh them ... yeah ... I think most HAMBers are just hopeless (I know, a brave statement coming from a lowly Grenade Inspector) ... but I don't think a lot of them even bother to read any posts ... they just like to look at cool pictures! :D

27. lowbiz

lowbiz

[​IMG]
    just getting back into michigan on our way home from hell on wheels riding in 31 A sedan 302 powered behind 50 shoebox also 302 powered.

Rob

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  28. kustombypook

kustombypook

From what I have noticed about the longer threads is nobody reads all the posts. They see photography and just start posting pics left and right. And as they scan through the thread, they only stop to look at the ones with pictures. They don't read any of the ones without pictures, ie. the ones with the rules. If you go and look at any post that is more than 3 or 4 pages, you will see the same question asked several different times all through the thread, even though it was answered already on page 2.

29. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

best pic ever. HAMBURGERS.