Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SAR 34 3 window update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopt 34, Jul 15, 2008.

1. I know this has been posted before, but I thought some of you would like seeing one of the first assembled 'steel' 3 window bodys from SAR. The quality is incredible. I understand there will be 2 completed 'roller' in Louisville.

Attached Files:

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

now that's just nice...hmmm...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. any shots of the firewall and inner floor area's?

one day......one dollar at a time.

Cheers,

Drewfus

4. Here some close up shots you asked for. The firewall has been recessed but there was a lot of effort to maintain the OEM styling integrity by integrating stamped features and using soft cotours as opposed to harsh cut & fold bends. Other than that, it is as close to a gennie body as you can get, in certain ways it is better quality. The fenders are just as nice. Finally you can get steel repro 33-34 fenders that fit without quartering them up!
    I want one too Drewfus....but I am like you, one dollar at a time.

Attached Files:

5. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Okay, so now where are the Ito drawings that have surely been inspired by this little body?

~Bro

6. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmmmmm yummy. If the 32/5 sells...........wonder what the waiting list is....

7. Broman,

Thanks for the thought, but I can not take any credit for these gems, these are about as close to the genuine article as you can get. It is all about Ford Motor and SAR. I would love to have one of these!
    Here are some additional pics. Wouldn't it be great to have a pallette of quarter panels like these at your disposal?

Attached Files:

8. Look the "patina" has already started! :D Beautiful looking bodies.

Attached Files:

9. klazurfer

klazurfer

What a sight for sore eyes ! .. :):)
    SAR sure knows that there is NO substitute for High Quality !!

BTW .. Belive the "Patina" stuff is from Brookville ( `32 -3W )
    SAR , or Brookville , Those guys sure do excellent work !!
    Very impressive !!
    Klaz:)

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Beautiful looking bodies. I'd take one of these over an original body in a heartbeat.

11. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Me to and I HAVE an original!!!

Vance

12. Hey Chopt 34 where are you getting the pictures? I am surprised SAR doesn't have these up on the web site? They promised august delivery and it looks like they are going to come through. That is a kick-ass product. Thank you for posting.

13. vicksrods

vicksrods

im afraid to ask how much? i've gat a bad case of 34 fever. there is a local guy here thats building a 34 that is gonna be sweet I had to stop going over and looking at it cause he said my constant drooling was making it rust.

14. turdytoo

turdytoo

Before you go complaining about the price of one, just look at the money they have invested in all this sweet tin.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I heard the price is in the 30 thou range...................and YES I want one.
    Might as well have SAR do a 3" chop before they ship it to me.....................ya, RIGHT!!!!!

Frank

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Thats just amazing. wow.

17. vicksrods

vicksrods

wasnt complaining ,I just want one and know I cant afford it.:mad:

18. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i will take all the originals you guys dont want.:)

19. I don't wanna brag or anything, but I'm on the list... :)

In the top 10, I hope to have the body this fall. My frame and driveline was supposed to be ready by then, but I'm way behind ($ and time)...

--steve

20. I get the photos directly from the man himself. I have been friends with Steve for a while.

Congrats Oldstyle34coupe, man I am jealous.

21. I better get the rest of my dough together. I have a deposit on body #3. I thought they would be close to August, but didn't expect August. Brookville is a great company also and putting out an equally nice product, but they have had my deposit for almost 21/2 years on their 3 window body. Thanks again for the photos.

22. My buddy Steve wanted me to point out the reason the quarters from the SAR 34 3 window in this picture do not have any surface rust is due to the 'E' coating on the body panels. This coating is OEM rated and guaranteed for 10 years of no rust without paint on them!

Attached Files: